Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Has any one tackled the floor replacement in the water bay themselves?

I have a 2005 select and starting to see signs of the problem. I have done everything else myself so this cannot be that bad.
arc-a-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #2

Yes I did it last summer. I replaced it with 1/2" Polyethylene Plastic?. It worked out awesome and stronger than the 1" sheeting TS used. Make sure you seal in the wheel well area.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #3

Yes I did mine last winter. Not a bad job. I used marine plywood with new under belly material and new aluminum sheet inside. Used plenty of silicone to seal it up so no moisture can attach the wood. I sealed the wheel wells with spray on bed liner from NAPA.
Blevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #4

So how is this done supporting tanks ect.? Or did you just do what was bad?.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

floor replacement

I have been planning mine and believe the waste and gray wear tank are held in place by end supports attached to the framing. The fresh water tank appears to be sitting on the floor. Were you able to levee the gray and waste tank in place and slip the dress water tank out? thanks Buck
hwbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 PM   #6

I have a 07' Select. The gray and blk tank is a non issue. I had to cut a little bit of metal on the pass side rear door frame to remove the water tank and slip in a complete new floor. It's hard to explain on the internet but the water tank needs to be removed from the pass side. It's not that hard to do, after that you will see what needs to be done. I hope this helps, just jump at it, but everything comes out the pass side (at least on my coach). Don't cut the floor into a couple pieces, use a solid floor, my suggestion is plastic. Google on line to find it. A 4x8 is a couple hundred shipping is a hundred. Could be way cheaper if someone in your area sells it. Measure, measure, measure then cut your 4x8 sheet. I think I bought from a company called US Plastics High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Sheeting | U.S. Plastic Corp. I had them cut it to size for a couple bucks extra but I wouldn't recommend that, they evidentially don't know how to read a ruler. I made it work, but would cut it myself next time. You will save yourself probably several hundred dollars in labor doing it yourself. Self satisfaction is also a factor, knowing it is done the way you want it done !
Old 10-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #7

What is the material they put on the part exposed underneath? Thinking about marine plywood and FRP.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #8

If you use the plastic as I strongly recommend you don't need to put anything on the underside, the plastic will last you a lifetime. Think of those plastic cutting boards you use... 1/2" thick.. strong as superman!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:36 PM   #9

There is a very extensive discussion with pictures that guys have done - I have read - just search for it.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:38 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Where's the best place to get the 1/2" plastic sheet?

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #11

I got mine from," see the link above".
Old 10-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #12

I can't understand why some people insist on being so vague.

Help is requested, and the answer is check the link or search for answer. Im sorry, but if that is all you can offer........
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #13

I am not wanting to use plastic can be very brittle and just my two cents will use marine plywood and FRP. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #14

Ya know, if people would read the thread....maybe, just maybe the answer was "in the link" prior, instead of asking it again. The link is where I bought from, is it the best place in the world to buy from, I have no idea, do a search. I understand people want help and I'm willing to give but "some responsibility" should lie on yourself. People ask all the time on forums how to travel here or there or where to stay or the best campground or my favorite, my electric quit working, with no information on what kind of coach you have, year, model, or I am a newbie, without using a search engine or doing any due diligence themselves. Again I am willing to help having full timed now 11 years and owned 2 Travel Supremes and done more repairs than I can even remember doing, just sayn'....

Tags
ace, led, replace, replacement, water