Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2015, 04:44 PM   #1

HDMI cable

Has anyone run a HDMI cable from the front of the coach back to the center TV?If so how was it done?
Al Mers
2007 Alante
al_mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2015, 04:58 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Have no experience running cable in a RV. However, the max HDMI cable length depending on the quality of cable is 16' or 49'. Longer then that requires what is called Active Cables or extenders. So cost is also a factor.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:07 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wireless HDMI is the way to go. Much easier than pulling cable.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #4

HDMI

Bruce,
Wireless was my first thought, but then I read comments from other RVers that several of the electronics in coaches caused interference IE: cell phones, remotes and microwaves.
Al
al_mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Wireless HDMI is the way to go. Much easier than pulling cable.
COACH..

Hi All..
I am using a Direct TV Wireless Genie from home... Installed a Trav'ler last year and use this to get HD and DVR on all 4 of my TV's. Works very well..
Takes me about 15 minutes to take my 3 remote Genies and the main genie unit and the Router device out of the house and into the coach.
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_mers View Post
Bruce,
Wireless was my first thought, but then I read comments from other RVers that several of the electronics in coaches caused interference IE: cell phones, remotes and microwaves.
Al
I have no interference issue at all..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #7

I ran two HDMI cables, on to outside and the other to main living room TV. One was 35' and the other was 40'. The short one was run down the front widow passenger's side window pillar and under the coach with the rest of the wiring and then up to the outside TV. A great afternoon project. The other was run from the front overhead cabinet down the in ceiling AC duct down to mid coach then over and down to TVS that is mounted on a wall mid coach. This run is not for the faint of heart and took several days of planning, measuring, beer drinking and self reflection to complete. That was two years ago and no problems. A splitter from the sat gives a perfect picture to both sets. The other 3 TVs just get the regular cable hookup. Wireless HDMI would be easier but was not an option I had at the time. Would I do it again? Probably depends on how much cold beer is available.......
Cobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote