Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #1

How many pound of Freon in drivers AC

Either I suck at searching or everyone knows this without having to look. How many pounds of Freon do I need to have in the drivers compartment AC system I’m guessing 35lbs. Oh and where is the freaking condenser, I have crawled everywhere all I can think is it’s hiding behind the radiator?

2006 TS 42ds04
tracker8wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #2

It will take what it takes. Every system can be different. A pusher can take way more than a front engine. Unless you know what your doing you can cause way more problems than you already have. How do you know you need refrigerant? If the system is empty you likely have a leak. If thats the case you could need a dryer, and then have the equipment to evacuate the system.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker8wr View Post
Either I suck at searching or everyone knows this without having to look. How many pounds of Freon do I need to have in the drivers compartment AC system I’m guessing 35lbs. Oh and where is the freaking condenser, I have crawled everywhere all I can think is it’s hiding behind the radiator?

2006 TS 42ds04
Just off the top of my head - 19 lbs

Condenser is in the front passenger side access through the Generator access - compressor is in the back by the engine.

If it has leaked out chances of finding/fixing leak are slim- I've spent $6-7,000 dollars trying and it has always leaked back down - add a can and it's good for a few days - Start the Generator and turn on the air and I'm fine.

Hope this helps.
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #4

It was 20 lbs and I’m used to dealing with automotive ac units.
It wasn’t blowing cold air and the compressor wasn’t on. The compressor would kick on for a few minutes the air would come out cool the line would only get cool not cold and the compressor would go off and take a while to cycle back on. With only 20 lbs I assumed it was low. I add a large can with conditioner and stop leak and it brought it up to 23 lbs. I have a 30 lbs bottle and was going to change to 35 lbs but wanted look first and couldn’t find info so I thought I’d ask.

Ambient temp is 79 and temp at vent is 55 when compressor is cycling.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #5

I guess I stated that first question wrong by saying how many pounds should the system hold.

What I should have said is what should my pressures be on my high and low side?

Sorry I just re-read that and now know why y’all thought the system was empty.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:10 AM   #6

Driver's A/C

I'm assuming you're talking about the dash air conditioning. It is an Evans Tempcon unit.
Here's the link to their A/C charge specs for R-134A systems.

Evans Tempcon > Troubleshooting, Diagnosis and Repair > Refrigerant Charge Information - R134A Systems

I have a 05 T-S with a 500 HP Cummins and the charge for >500 Hp was right on the nose.

By the way, this site has all the troubleshooting info you'll need to work on these systems. If you need pars, call them and the will connect you with a Evans Tempcon dealer who will ship you any needed parts.

Mike d
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about the dash air conditioning. It is an Evans Tempcon unit.
Here's the link to their A/C charge specs for R-134A systems.

Evans Tempcon > Troubleshooting, Diagnosis and Repair > Refrigerant Charge Information - R134A Systems

I have a 05 T-S with a 500 HP Cummins and the charge for >500 Hp was right on the nose.

By the way, this site has all the troubleshooting info you'll need to work on these systems. If you need pars, call them and the will connect you with a Evans Tempcon dealer who will ship you any needed parts.

Mike d
People have found tags in front RV area for LBS needed. Rule of thumb high side is 2x ambient temp plus 20% running AC max cooling.Not great for such a huge system but. I'd say 250 max high
I think if right 200 hi 20.-25 low at 80f.By weight is best but if you can't find anything
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver