Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #1

How quick front airbags deflate?

My Mid Engine will drop the front end to the ground within 30 mins of shutting off. Is this normal? The rear stays up a lot longer.
Apoccia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

While having the air pressure leak down over time is pretty normal, 30 minutes indicates to me that you probably have a substantial leak which should probably be fixed.

Leaking at that rate I would think you could hear it after shutting down so I doubt it'd be hard to find.

Good luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
As Rick identified, 30 min. is a pretty significant leak. Mine usually sits 3 to 4 weeks between trips and there is no noticeable drop. If you cannot hear where the air is escaping, spray soapy water on all the connections and look for the solution to bubble up. I would also strongly suggest you get good set of jack stands or blocks under the frame because there isn't a lot of room down there when the suspension is fully deflated. Good luck.

Lou
05 TS Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #4

Leaking air bags, faulty levelling valve check valve. Is there a dump valve to lower the coach when parked? If so could be a leak there remote from the bags.

May not be audible unless things are very quiet so soap solution would work best.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mine is still up some 10 weeks after last being started.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 AM   #6

My sense of it is its the dump valve for the auto leveling system. That auto level is junk and frequently prevents the airbags from fillingand i have to recycle the system to get the rig to raise up. So where is the valve and what does it look like?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #7

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
It may be possible you are not "airing up" with the proper procedure.
Many run the jacks up, then start the engine to air up. Then one has to hit the jacks up again to seat the dump valve as it takes pressure against it to properly seat.
The correct air up with the jacks still down is to start engine to run air pressures up front and rear to normal pressures. The low air beeper will sound as well as the jacks down beeper as a warning...Ignore both. When the pressures are up, then do the "All Up" on the jacks, the valves will seat and all should be up and ready for the road.
DOT allows air leak up to 4psi in 1 minute for brakes. There is a check valve in the system (air bag suspension) not to allow the brake system below 65 psi. If your brake/air pressures on the dash indicator falls below 65 psi in a short time, then you have a leak in the brake system and not the air bags.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #8

Justaroamer, thank you for the proceedure for airing up. I did it yesterday morning when i got in the mh and i noticed the coach actually sits higher now and its still up this morning.