Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #15

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Roamer...where did this "Insignia Select" model come from? Is that YOUR model name? Just as a FYI....in 2006 TS didn't have any specific model name for your old coach-it was simply a Travel Supreme. Then in 2007 the name "Insignia" was used. Never was there a "Select" term applied to that model.
It is what the build sheet calls it. Sorry, but you asked...perhaps this link http://www.mhsrv.com/resources-for-r.../rv-brochures/ will further your knowledge. Hope this helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Rob, don't think its THAT important, but there never officially was such an animal. That link doesn't show any "Select" model, unless I'm missing it. I bought my TS from MHSRV, so I know those people and the product line well.

Having said that....TS did produce a few models with Select features such as tile and wood finishes, in spite of there not being an "official" product with those features. I know our '07 Alante could not be ordered with the Select finishes, in spite of our begging.. Later we found a guy at the factory who had an Insignia with Select tile and finishes....another guy we found on the road with, I think, the last coach produced-it also had all the Select features. So if this is what your coach has, I can see why it could be termed a "Select" model.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Roamer...where did this "Insignia Select" model come from? Is that YOUR model name? Just as a FYI....in 2006 TS didn't have any specific model name for your old coach-it was simply a Travel Supreme. Then in 2007 the name "Insignia" was used. Never was there a "Select" term applied to that model.
I attempted to help to educate you to the 2006 model line, which you stated
"Just as a FYI....in 2006 TS didn't have any specific model name for your old coach-it was simply a Travel Supreme. Then in 2007 the name "Insignia" was used. Never was there a "Select" term applied to that model",
yet you seem to be unappreciative of my kindness of a helpful response. Fact is your statement is totally false and misleading to this thread. I rest assured that others will have the foresight to benefit from it. For what ever reason you chose to attack me with unsubstanciated, hear-say and false statements, I will let your previous posts and statements attest to the group as to your intent and purpose. Get a life...Maybe should check out the thread http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/are-y...er-101849.html here on iRv2. My sincere appologies to the thread starter and others for enjoining in your petty response and attack.
End of Story!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #18

Here is a good picture of what the X Bracing looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XBRACE.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	18576  
rtwoolums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwoolums View Post
Here is a good picture of what the X Bracing looks like.

Now that is a worthy and informative post that address the thread, thank you.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Justaroamer and Rtwoolums, Thank you for the great information and the photos, RE: Travel Supreme updates. That it just the information I was looking for. I am still looking and have found one at MotorHome Specialties in TX. I know that some of you may be familiar with this company and wondering if anyone has done business with them. Their asking price seems reasonable, but it would be a ways to travel to see the MH from KY. Again, thanks for the help.

Bronk
bronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #21

Freightliner Owners Club
Bronk, I've done lots with them and know 'em very well. The gen mgr. is Donnie O'bannion. The sales guy I'd recommend is named Chris Scaglione...I've bought a couple coaches from him and he's very good to work with. Tell him Bob J. sent you.

They were the highest volume TS dealer back in the day...now are doing large numbers with Entegra. A very large inventory of new and used coaches under cover....they'll even loan you a golf cart to cruise the lots to check out their inventory. While not big enough yet, they want to rival Lazy Days some day.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Rob, I'm not sure what tripped your trigger, but I really think you've over-reacted to my posts. Bronk did initially ask about the TS model lineup, so I really don't know what I said that is off topic? Sorry if that offended you. And as for the TS lineup, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on the model lineup...it ain't no biggie...certainly not worth fighting over. I've enjoyed our dialogue over the past months and certainly don't want to destroy that. Peace....????
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #23

I bought a new Travel Supreme in June, 2005. Picked it up at the factory and stayed in that little lot for a few days, while Bishop helped with a few corrections. Mine was the base model, the "Travel Supreme". I did have some select modifications added, such as the larger select 39 inch shower and the nice select headboard. The Envoy was introduced a little later, as was the Alante and Select Limited. My model remained The Travel Supreme until it was changed to the Insignia ... there was never a Travel Supreme Limited.
wmdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #24

One TS Model left out

Oh, I feel dissed. everyone forgot about the TS ME, the mid-engine models. Most of these were with the garage, but I have one of the rare ones with the on-suite bath in the rear instead. I love this configuration, and the weight distribution with the engine just in front of the rear axle is perfect. It really loves the road. Engine access is the best I have ever seen, big hatch in the middle of the floor. If the wife would let me, I would install a Plexiglas cover so I could watch it do its work. The only complaint I have heard is when the wife stepped on the hatch handle in her bare feet on a hot day, it is chromed steel, and it was toasty.
rampside61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel