Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #1

Hydro Hot Has No Power at Control Board

Folks,
Really need help from anyone who has been down this issue.
I am scratching my head on this one. My hydro hot has no power on the leads that feed the control board. I have checked the Hydro hot fuse and it is okay.

Is there a breaker somewhere that I am not finding? Or maybe other fuses?

Thanks in advance!
capatex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2017, 06:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capatex View Post
Folks,
Really need help from anyone who has been down this issue.
I am scratching my head on this one. My hydro hot has no power on the leads that feed the control board. I have checked the Hydro hot fuse and it is okay.

Is there a breaker somewhere that I am not finding? Or maybe other fuses?

Thanks in advance!
Definitely going to need a multi-meter and start working your way forward. I would assume you tested the two ground and hot wire that attach to the bottom of the board. If they are cold, then I'd work my way up to the 12V fuse cabinet up front.

I would make sure you are not having any other 12V power issues as well (Slides, Jacks, power step, and other high load items).

If I recall correctly, there is a fuse for it in the front-compartment (driver side door). I have 2 12V house fuse blocks in there, each have covers with the mapping to fuse slots printed inside them. I'd check the fuse, as well as make sure those blocks are getting power. Also, on mine I have the feed from the house battery bank that terminates up near the firewall, where those fuse blocks and gen start cable is also connected to the feed.

Also...don't forget, when you do get power restored, you'll need to hit the "Low Voltage Reset" on the Hydro Hot Control panel. That trips whenever power falls below 10.8V I believe.
LoggedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #3

I found the problem. I removed the fuse block to check out the back of it since the fuse tested good. I traced the black lead coming off of the fuse and it was not hooked to anything. It did have a male connector on the end. I searched through the fuse compartment and found the other black lead it went to. Hooked them together and everything works.

This is very odd. I was never in this fuse compartment and had used the Hydro Hot earlier in the day. The only thing I can figure is the hydro Hot had another fuse wired in that blew when I exercised my generator. (This is when this all started)
Old 06-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
I found the problem. I removed the fuse block to check out the back of it since the fuse tested good. I traced the black lead coming off of the fuse and it was not hooked to anything. It did have a male connector on the end. I searched through the fuse compartment and found the other black lead it went to. Hooked them together and everything works.

This is very odd. I was never in this fuse compartment and had used the Hydro Hot earlier in the day. The only thing I can figure is the hydro Hot had another fuse wired in that blew when I exercised my generator. (This is when this all started)
Glad to hear you have it fixed... I tend to believe I have a family of gremlins living in that compartment in our rig...because I tend to find most of my problems in there.
LoggedOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoggedOff View Post
Glad to hear you have it fixed... I tend to believe I have a family of gremlins living in that compartment in our rig...because I tend to find most of my problems in there.
Those Gremlins were a NO COST option that most apparently got ........
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Just curious... When you used the Hydro Hot earlier, did the burner light/blower work as advertised? If the diesel had been running recently, it might have been the source of the hot water from the H-Hot since (at least on mine) the radiator system exchanges heat with the H-Hot, as well.

As for Gremlins...they seem to follow me around as I have a couple residing on/in my Chevy Avalanche's fuel pump from time to time
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:40 PM   #7

No i hadn't been running the diesel engine. I have been stationary for almost a month.
I know i didn't turn the Hydro Hot off after my shower and within 1/2 hour I started the generator to do an exercise. I them unplugged the shore power and let it run under load for 15 minutes. I plugged the power back in and then realized I hadn't shut the unit off. I immediately went to shut it off and no lights on the switch, control board, etc.....
It must have blown a fuse that was wired in somewhere else. I was never in the fuse compartment until after all this happened.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Interesting. Presuming the wires didn't just 'happen' to disconnect at that moment, it sounds like the prior owner/shop had no power to the board and bypassed the OEM power line with a second fuse in parallel, as you said. Previous owner on mine did that to one of the inverters. Documentation on these rigs is already sparse without owners/shops making even more undocumented alterations.

Glad you deciphered the problem.
f15epilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #9

Yes I totally agree! I think it was the manufacture. I think they were testing the systems and had no power to the unit and went and tested the fuse like I did which tested fine. I would guess they never traced the lead from the back of the panel and so they just ran a new power lead.

Tags
power