RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #1

Inverters on 06 Select

I want to make sure that I understand when to use the inverters on my 06 Select.

All Electric
8 6v batteries in 2 banks of 4
2 Magnum 2000w inverters.

My understanding is that when on shore power, I do not need inverters and can turn them off.

When getting ready to travel, before unplugging from shore power, I should turn on the inverters as they will power the coach and the batteries will be recharged from the engine.

Does this sound correct to how others are using their inverters?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #2

I never turn the inverters off. When you're plugged in to shore power the inverters automatically go into a "sleep" mode, always monitoring the power and instantly coming alive as soon as they see the 110 power disappear. So, if you're away from the coach and lose shore power the inverters will take over and the coach will have power. All the beer in the refrigerator will stay cold!

alfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #3

Thanks Al. That sounds like what I need to do. Then I would not have to remember to turn on or off.

Also, I was just checking the levels and saw that the battery level was way down. I am plugged into shore power, should I turn the Charger on, on the inverters? Are these inverters/chargers and not just inverters? I feel so ignorant about this complicated coach.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #4

The inverters are, indeed, chargers, and should be left in the charge mode. They are three stage chargers and will not over charge the batteries. The inverters are set up to automatically be in the charge mode. You can manually take them out of charge, but, the next time they cycle they should again be charging.

You should be able to get an owners manual for the inverters on line.
alfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #5

Thanks again Al. I just found the manuals online for both the inverters and the remote panel.

Tags
inverter