Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #1

Just Finished Test Driving 2007 TS Inspire 40'. Got a few Questions.

Newbie Rickmc here. As I zero in on my first DP, Travel Supreme is high on my "really like" list! I just finished test driving a 2007 TS Insignia 40', 4 slides, all maintenance records, tires have 1111 code, 30k miles. Nice paint and interior. Gen has about 300 hrs on it. Drove very smooth and felt little to no wandering. Bedroom slide on drivers side roared as it was pulled in.

I looked for "X" Bracing but did not see anything. Checked windshield positioning or abnormal amount of silicon or other sealant.

I have a few questions. Are 40 foot coaches susceptible to windshield cracking? Will I need to add an X Brace? I'm thinking the slide noise was lack of lube.

They're asking $139k with Two year Good Sam warranty.

Appreciate your inputs

Rickmc & Moski
DP ?
Still searching

2021 Newmar Baystar 3226
rickmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #2

Just Finished Test Driving 2007 TS Inspire 40'. Got a few Questions.

Meant Travel Supreme Insignia! Seen too many!!

Rickmc & Moski
DP ?
Still searching

2021 Newmar Baystar 3226
Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #3

I've owned a 2007 Envoy 40 DS04 since it was new, and have had no problems with the windshield, and I don't have X bracing. Bishop and Paul Conley both told me it wasn't needed on the Mountain Master chassis (at least the 40 foot model), just the K2 and K3.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #4

Shanwick,
Thanks for responding! That is great to know!!!! I really like the Envoy also. Do you have any issues getting non driveline parts?

2021 Newmar Baystar 3226
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
since dozens of manufacturers have gone out of business, most of them out sourced most of what was put into them. My coach has no support, except my wallet. If things look good, run good, and does not leak copious amounts of bodily fluid, go for it
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #6

I'll second what Ernie said. Cummins, Spartan, And Allison are all still in business. Other parts are common to most any brand of motor home.

If you're located in the Midwest, Precision Painting in Bremen IN is great for service or repair on a Travel Supreme. They installed a Samsung residential refrigerator for me last year. Reasonable cost and great service.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:56 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
You have obviously been doing your homework, good start. I have also found parts not to be an issue since most everything is made by a third party manufacturer. I even managed to crunched in a few basement compartment doors (landscaping timber jumped out a me) and had a perfect repair performed at a local body shop. Regarding your specific issues:

1) Slide noise: On mine the DS bedroom slide mechanism is different from the other three in that it is located under the bed, so access to it for maintenance is quite easy. If "yours" is configured the same way, lift the bed when you move it and you should be able to locate the source of the noise. Rarely do you hear of slide problems with TS's other than an occasional adjustment to the controller setting. There are a few rollers on all the slides that I periodically lube with a silicon spray.

2) X-bracing: The necessity for X-bracing on the 40' models seem to be a hit or miss, some do and some don't. I have had no issues with mine, but mine is smaller (38DS04). Since you didn't see any obvious window repairs you are probably OK. However, from what I have read the additional support will improve the ride and creaks/groans on any rig.

3) Price: The price seems a little high (NADA Low Retail: $121K), but that is the starting point. With that said, considering you have found a clean rig with new tires and good records I'd say it is in the proper price range. Use the X-bracing as a negotiating tool.

Obvious I'm a bit bias here, but I believe TS is one of the best kept secrets in the RV industry. They were always know as a high quality 5th wheel manufacturer and only started producing MOHO's in the 2000-01 time frame. Because of that you may be surprised that many people, both campground staff and other RVers, never heard of TS. I cannot count how many times someone walking by stopped to complimented our rig (and mine is the entry level Envoy) and then asked who makes Travel Supreme. They seem to think that it is a model name for some other manufacturer.

I know when we were looking for ours, TS was pretty much the only manufacturer on our search list. You'll find it to be a well built rig and as a plus, the support and knowledge level on this forum is outstanding, so you really will not need the manufacturer. Good luck and hopefully on your next post we'll be welcoming you to the family.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Rickmc & Moski
I am with Sailor Lou here.. I have an 04 Travel Supreme and it is a 40 footer.. I do not have X Bracing either..No windshield issues at all.. And I believe the glass to be original.
I did have a slide motor.. Well transmission go out in the living room super slide.. That was a year ago and no other slide issues.. All of mine are about as quiet as I would expect.. The one under the bed should be easy to diagnose.
I met a tree while pulling into a camping site the 2nd day I owned the coach.. Precision Paint had mine re-skinned and painted and all by UPS! Everything else I have needed (which isn't really much) was 3rd party and easily obtained!
I think Precision could probably come up with or do most anything else you could need or want!
BTW I have owned my coach for a year and a half.. Never a moments regrets..
Welcome Aboard..
Good luck with your decision..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #9

I agree with Lou and Ron above, our Travel Supreme has been trouble free. They are indeed a well kept secret.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #10

I love reading Sailor Lou's comments. We just purchased our first TS 2 months ago from an out of town dealer, a 31 ft. Fifth Wheel. We had never heard of them and were a bit leery. But, after looking it over, it impressed us. Also, it was the exact configuration we were looking for. And the price couldn't be beat, 37k NADA 20k purchase price. After talking to my local camper repairman, he assured me this was a quality unit and We did good. I believe that too.