Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:36 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I appreciate all the responses and info. I was getting ready to leave to look at the '05 and got a call he had just sold it. Other one is too far away (at least for now).

Back to square one looking for another preferably in the Midwest somewhere.

abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
CVO

There were some Envoys built with independent front suspension and it became standard on the 2008 Envoy. In fact there were a number of things that became standard on the 2008 Envoy. Of course, few 2008's were built as EC went bankrupt that year. In fact the 2008 model year is often not even listed in production information sources.

I recently looked at a 2008 Envoy that, along with the new standard features, was well optioned. It was a very nice coach.

I just sent a copy of the 2008 Envoy brochure to 007 to post as a sticky for all to see. Many thanks to member "larnie" for digging it up.

2008 TS Envoy (Opp) (1) .pdf - PDF Archive

CVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:50 PM   #17
CVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrasv View Post
I appreciate all the responses and info. I was getting ready to leave to look at the '05 and got a call he had just sold it. Other one is too far away (at least for now).

Back to square one looking for another preferably in the Midwest somewhere.
Did you see this one? Or was it the one?

2005 Travel Supreme Travel Supreme 40DS04, elk city OK - - RVtrader.com
CVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:57 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVO View Post
That was the one I was going to look at. Back and forth with the seller trying to get engine serial # and what kind of front suspension was on it. Kinda got the run around and then told him we would drive down this week anyway even though he did not provide the requested info. Got a text Monday simply saying it was sold.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:39 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Still looking and wanting to ask you guys. If you know of or happen to see a TS in the years 2003, '04, '05, '06 for sale under the $100K range (and that is stretching our budget) please let me know. I have seen a couple but they have sold pretty quick. Trying to find as nice of one as possible as we are hoping this is our last one. It will be our 6th mh and DW is asking if we can finally keep one.
I keep looking at rvtrader, RVT, RV Online, nationwide Craigs List, GreatVehicles.com and not having that much success.
We appreciate all your help.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:45 PM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Jim,
My advice is keep looking every day and have patience. We looked for 23 months before we found ours. Looked at coaches in Georgia, Mesa, Phoenix, and Apache Junction before finding the one for us in Bakersfield!

By the way, it was definitely worth the wait, IMHO!

Yours is out there, you just haven't found it yet!
rag_ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #21

Jim, try this number, 608-519-0330. 2003 TS 38 FT. It was for sale some time back. I only saw the outside which was very clean. Was listed for $65,000.00 OBO. Good luck, as said they are out there.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:28 PM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Jim, this one is a little higher than you indicated but suggest you evaluate them all and make an offer if you like it. It doesn't cost anything to make an offer and it might just be accepted.
2005 Select by Travel Supreme 42DS04 | eBay

Also check online newspaper classified ads in cities like Phoenix, Yuma, Tampa, Houston, etc.
rag_ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #23

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Jim, this one is a little higher than you indicated but suggest you evaluate them all and make an offer if you like it. It doesn't cost anything to make an offer and it might just be accepted.
2005 Select by Travel Supreme 42DS04 | eBay

Also check online newspaper classified ads in cities like Phoenix, Yuma, Tampa, Houston, etc.
Jim.. I concur with the advice others have given.. They are out there.. But be prepared to travel... Remember it's hard to compete with Santa Clause so many hold back their coaches till weather breaks especially dealers.. But now is a good time to "deal" as many aren't buying till closer to next season..
3 years ago when I bought mine I looked everywhere.. Ended up finding my coach in North Carolina.. Long way from Denver.. But couldn't be happier.. Look everywhere.. IRV2 Classifieds.. RVT... EBay... Use a search tool on Craigs list so you can search the whole country.. Just don't get discouraged.. Remember you are looking for a coach that was originally sold during a severe recession so not that many to start with.. Decide what you want.. Look at as many as you can... also geography should enter into it.. you don't want a rust belt coach that hasn't been properly stored.. I lucked out and found one that lived most of it's life in a warehouse.. It doesn't now.. But I flt the paint, Caulking trim and all were 9 years ahead of sitting outside.. It still looks great..
You are already on one of the best resources out there.. Lots of rally helpful knowledgeable people who will help as much as possible..
Enjoy the search.. The "right One" will come along.. and you will join the family before you know it..
Happy Holidays and good hunting..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Talking to a gentleman about his TS M42DS04 that is totally electric. Stored inside a heated, insulated building it's whole life. 68K miles on the ISL Cummins. Built in '04 and titled in '05. Recently dropped his price from $130K to $100K. 6 tires are original and 2 are new. No cracks but many miles on the 6 so they need replaced as far as I'm concerned. He is the original owner. Forgot to ask about the cross bracing issue and also about the rubber boot issue on the ball joints, although not sure they had a problem on the 1400 series front end. Thinking it was just on the 1200 but not sure.
Anyway giving this one some consideration.