Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

Looking at 2005 TS 45DS04 - Need Feedback

Hi all, great community of owners here! I've been looking through all the posts going way back, and decided to join. Wife and I are looking at buying a DP and have an opportunity locally to purchase an 2005 45' TS Select. It's absolutely loaded with about 32k miles, x-bracing, larger front tires, brand new house batteries, upgraded satellite TV and has recently been totally serviced and gone over by a mechanic familiar with them. The washer/dryer and dishwasher have never been used and the generator has about 600 hours on it. Really only minor wear inside on the leather seats and couch. However, it has the thermal cracking in all the paint - all of them are about 1/4" and they are all over. Not noticeable until you get right up to it. It's a private sale and he's asking $125k.

We love the coach, all the great things I've read here about them and I particularly like the 500hp and 15k lb. towing capacity as we'll be getting a stacker trailer. Just don't know that I can get past the cracking in the outside panels.

Opinions? Would you take a chance on them not getting any worse or for that purchase price just live with them. There may be a little wiggle room on the final price, but not much. Replacing the side panels isn't a possibility, so either I accept it as is or pass on it. Thanks much for any insight and thoughts you can provide!
SD_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #2

You certainly can't go wrong with a TS. My concern would be the low hours on the gen and the mileage ... a bus that's been sitting a long time can be just as, or even more damaging then with lots of use ... and tho it has just been gone through, it would be interesting to see past service records as well ..... Seals and like tend to dry up a bit .... #justsayin
As to the paint ... unfortunately most of the coaches from these era had problems with paint/clear seal cracking ...... Some of it I'm told can be taken out by good detail guys ... but many have just had the coach redone ... haven't looked into this because ours had been indoors when not being used ......
Would look at age of the tires ... likely would need replacement if more then 5-7 years, depending on condition .... and check well interior corners for any water leakage inside ......
Sound like a great deal ........
We have the same engine & tow package ... shouldn't be a problem handling a stacker .... depending or course on how the stacker is equipped .... i've seen guys load em down pretty heavy with fuel & equipment ......
Good luck with your purchase ....... we love our TS ... wudn't have anything else !!!
by the way ............ ... lots of good folks up in here ... and always very helpful ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #3

Hal,

Thanks much for the reply and thoughts. The tires are in great shape. The MH has been driven about 3-4k miles in the last 2 years without issue. The Aqua-Hot was also just completely serviced. I haven't checked out the roof, thanks for the suggestion. It has been sitting outside for probably the last 4-5 years. There's a full cover that comes with it that's also never been used. I'll probably go look at it again this weekend. Any more insight from TS owners is more than welcome! Thanks!
SD_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #4

It sounds like you have researched the TS coaches so you probably have covered any of the main issues. The price sounds good. If you research the forum - you will find guys that have re-painted....$15,000ish seems to come to mind. Get him down another $7,500 to split it with you and the coach would be an excellent buy - and you can repaint if you like. Good luck with your purchase.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #5

By the way - regular use....not miles and age -keeps the coach in good working order....so if they used it regularly and used the components of the coach - I think most things will be good. I would climb up on the roof and make sure it has been kept up and seams have stayed sealed.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote