Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #1

Need Paint Code For 2004 5th Wheel-Silver

My recently purchased 2004 Travel Supreme 5th wheel is white with Silver painted lower body paint and silver and grey stripes. If someone has this combination can you help me with paint code or matching color? I'd sure like to be able to do some small touch up's. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Wayne
Denway3299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #2

There should be a paint code sticker in your 5er somewhere. I do not know the code BUT I DO KNOW that it is sherwyn-Williams paint. Maybe one of their paint dealers could help you match it. just my 2 cents. Gene
Old 05-07-2009, 07:19 AM   #3

My trailer is a 2003.The paint is Sherwin Williams Automotive 5A-50783 00(B).Sparkle Silver Met.

I got the # from TS just before they all left.
Need to go to a Sherwin Williams Automotive store.
The mixed me up a half pint and I purchased a Prevchol sprayer. to touch up.They would of made me up some spray cans with it but I would of had to purchase a case(12)..Forgot the price but it was too much for me.

I could find no paint # on any of the decals on trailer.I was fortunate to get it from the factory.
That # above is off the can of paint I purchased.I will look later for the one from the factory.Will post if different.

2003 36'Travel Supreme 5er36RLQSO
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:22 AM   #4

Thanks for the tips Ann n Gene and Fuzz. I Googled Sherwin Williams and found a store about 5 miles from here. I'll head over there this week. I hope I can pick up a 1/2 pint and see if they will process one can at a time for me.

Wayne & Denise
2004 Travel Supreme 5th Wheel
2001 Dodge 3500, Diesel H.O., 6 sp., 4:10
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #5

Wayne,The sprayer is called Preval.If you haven't seen one,it is a pressureized canisiter that you screw a small jar on for the paint.For touchups they work well.Of course they have to be cleaned up afterwards but that's not too big a deal.
I purchased it at the S/W automotive paint store They also have them in the Home Depot here.The local S/W store here would not do the automotive paint,had to go to a S/W automotive store.FYI.While there I picked up some paint for my truck and
used the Preval to touch up some nicks.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Wayne, I went into a S/W AUTO paint store and the lady presented me with TWO options using the same #/paint color, saying they aren't always consistent in their coloring/numbering schemes. So that was a no-go for me. I'd suggest you either call Precision Paint in Bremen (Who did your work) or take off a door/panel somewhere outside and go into an automotive paint matching shop and they can make up a color in any kind of can-pressurized or touch-up tube.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #7

Well I got my paint. I went to the Sherwin Williams automotive paint store and gave them the number Fuzz used and they sold me a 1/2 pint. I didn't buy a sprayer yet. Will have to go to another paint store for that. I have several small chips I would like to fill. The only way I know to touch up a chip is to use a match from a book of matches. I will use the end of the match you tear out of the matchbook for that. If I'm not happy with that I will contact Precision Paint in Breman. Thanks Slabman, for that tip. If you have any other tips or tricks I would be happy to listen.

Happy as a lark Travel Supreme owner.

Wayne
Old 05-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #8

Wayne,I used some stuff called Glazing and Spot Putty made by Bondo.I think it purchased it at a WalMart.
I have also used some stuff called Duraglass by Dupont.There are other brands of Spot putty.Your matchstick method will work fine but on places that are pitted or chipped more like the leading edge of the fenders etc,I would fill them with Spot Putty and then spray.
BTW the paint I purchased matched perfectly..Good luck

Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #9

Fuzz, thanks for the tip. I'm such a novice I had never heard of this technique. I'm sure I'll be able to use it often.