Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Ron,

On mine and I believe all TS's, the doors are an aluminum skin bonded to an aluminum square tube frame. The fiberglass starts above the doors at the floor line. In my case I pushed two of the doors in a couple of inches and actually kinked the door's frame. I removed the doors, took off all the hardware and had an auto body shop straighten out the panels and repaint. A good body shop can work the metal so they use very little filler and will match the paint perfectly.

Hang it there buddy and don't let this get you down. BTW, you made the right move.

Lou
05 TS Envoy (with repaired cargo doors)
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Folks..
Of course you are all right... The coach runs very well.. Drives well.. And I really love the brakes as compared to my 97 Eagle.. They are great..
This little crap just drives me crazy.. I just went outside and clunk.. One of the step pivot pins fell out! Stuff like that.. I will get through all of these and get the coach damage fixed and all will be well.. At least I hope so...
Right now it's 96 degrees outside and the A/C's are working well so all is pretty good right now.. If the damned TV would just work!
Ron
I just bought a Select Limited thirty days ago. So far the Weldex had to be replaced, the navigation that it was supposed to have had to be put in, the keyless entry had to be replaced and the Direct Tv has not worked for three weeks. I told my wife before we bought it that it would probably take a couple months before we discovered everything that needed to be attended to. This is our fourth motorhome and I do know that 60 days from now I will be driving one of the finest Tranvel Supremes on the highway. It is a beauty and everything will work as it should very shortly. I know how you feel about the ding. We were leaving Elhart on our Monaco and I cut a corner. Well, we were not 5 miles from Monaco and I had to turn back and leave it there for body work for another week. Fortunately I am married and I had my wife to blame it on, so I didn't feel so badly.
dickschaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #17

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickschaak View Post
I just bought a Select Limited thirty days ago. So far the Weldex had to be replaced, the navigation that it was supposed to have had to be put in, the keyless entry had to be replaced and the Direct Tv has not worked for three weeks. I told my wife before we bought it that it would probably take a couple months before we discovered everything that needed to be attended to. This is our fourth motorhome and I do know that 60 days from now I will be driving one of the finest Tranvel Supremes on the highway. It is a beauty and everything will work as it should very shortly. I know how you feel about the ding. We were leaving Elhart on our Monaco and I cut a corner. Well, we were not 5 miles from Monaco and I had to turn back and leave it there for body work for another week. Fortunately I am married and I had my wife to blame it on, so I didn't feel so badly.
Dickschaak..
Well my wife is blaming me! And, she is right I drove far too long and got to the park too late.. And they planted a tree too close! She had been telling me all afternoon to stop and find a place.. I didn't and this is the result!
We will get by this.. But it isn't going to be fun!
Ron Husak
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #18

Spartan Chassis
Hi All..
Well I made it home this afternoon..
Coach ran very well the whole trip.. Drove well.. But more gremlins came to fore.
I pulled in to refuel about 125 miles from Denver.. Got out of the coach and saw the hot water heater was sliding out!!! I was able to push it back in but looking underneath it has a floor so I am not sure how it is attached..
I think I also mentioned that a pin fell out of the outside step.. I just got back from the hardware and I think I have a rube Goldberg fix that should work!
My wife thinks I may have bought a lemon...!!!
I think it's just an initial flurry of small issues that I will work through pretty quick!
But good to be home.. Now if the body work ferry would visit and fix the coach..
BTW I ordered a replacement access door on line.. $39 delivered..
Ron
Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
Hi All..
Well I made it home this afternoon..
Coach ran very well the whole trip.. Drove well.. But more gremlins came to fore.
I pulled in to refuel about 125 miles from Denver.. Got out of the coach and saw the hot water heater was sliding out!!! I was able to push it back in but looking underneath it has a floor so I am not sure how it is attached..
I think I also mentioned that a pin fell out of the outside step.. I just got back from the hardware and I think I have a rube Goldberg fix that should work!
My wife thinks I may have bought a lemon...!!!
I think it's just an initial flurry of small issues that I will work through pretty quick!
But good to be home.. Now if the body work ferry would visit and fix the coach..
BTW I ordered a replacement access door on line.. $39 delivered..
Ron
I doubt if you got a lemon. The seller just slipped a couple by you. Congratulations on your trip. Sounds to me like you did great.
dickschaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Ron,
Glad you made it to Colorado. We made it home to FTW on Monday with our "new baby" from Bakersfield. We also found a few little gotchas during the trip but that's to be expected. What one man will overlook and work around will just bug the heck out of someone else. Just wanted to mention another "fix" for the chassis air conditioning is to put a manual shut off valve in the hot water line. There is a elctronic valve mounted on the wall behine the generator that is supposed to close when you select A/C on the dash that prevents any hot water mixng when you have selected max air or place the temperature control in the cold position. These valves notoriously DO NOT completely close thus allowing some hot water to mix all the time. I can open the manual valve and place the A/C in max cold and I get cool air out the vents. If I close the manual valve I get COLD air out the vents. The only problem is the only control you now have over the cold air is the fan speed. Any time you turn on the A/C it is running in max cold mode and the temperature control on the dash does nothing. Coming across the desert from Mojave to Fort Worth I didn't really have much requirement for heat on this trip! I will replace the electronic valve now that I am home but if the new one leaks I now have a manual work around.
As for the Kingdome my suggestion is to replace it. I had Kingdome on my Pace Arrow and it never worked correctly. I even bought the $350. keypad so I could run diagnostics and spent 4 hours with Kingdome on the phone one day trying to get it to lock on. They said a new board might fix the problem. As mentioned earlier there are a number of improved sattelite systems out there today.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #21

Spartan Chassis
Robert & Leslie..
Thanks for the reply and the kind words..
Oddly enough.. The A/C started to work as it should the next day.. It was indicating over 100 on the thermometer and was putting out plenty of cool air.. Probably the hot water valve as you indicated.. Where did you put the manual valve?
I hope I am able to get the dome to work.. A new dish would put a dent in my already tight budget after my "scrape"...We shall see..
What is the collected wisdom of what to get if I do have to go that route?
I washed the coach today as I had nearly 2000 miles of bug collection on the nose.. Man they can be miserable.. The clear bra helps but still need my bug scrubber.. Just cleaning the tree remains off the side and washing the scraped area made it look a lot better..
My wife noted that she felt some of the refrigerator door shelves and a couple of wire racks were missing in the freezer of my 4 door Norcold.. MAN that stuff must be white painted gold! Pricy..
The coach will be great.. I was under the front today looking for a bit of an air leak and fixing the missing pin on the steps and noted the ball joint boots are cracked.. I have read about that before.. I looked when I inspected the coach but honestly missed that.. No looseness or play or noise in the front end so that will wait for a while.. I think that could be a big ticket fix as well..
I greased the front end while I was under there and all else seemed to be fine.. Why on earth would Spartan not put zerks on the ball joints???
Found my air leak to.. It's a small (maybe 4X4 valve with 2 maybe 1/4 lines and one maybe 1/8 inch line going into it.. The 1/8 inch line was leaking and it appears that the body of this plastic valve are stripped out.. I left it at my local NAPA to see if they can match it up.. I am not sure what this is for.. But definitely the leak.. So it shouldn't be too bad.. But my fat old achy body really has a hard time squeezing up into that little square area to get to it!
Will let you know what goes on from here..
Ron Husak
04 40DS04.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #22

Ron,

That 1/8 inch line terminates with an M5/6mm connector. I just replaced both of them at the front wheels. You can get a box of 10 from Grainger. Am sending you some documents on the air system.

The manual valve for the Dash Air would go on the firewall above the generator. You'll see the automatic valve just toward the passenger side of center. The water line going into it is where you put the manual valve.

As far as the Ball Joints go, that is about a $1900.00 fix according to Spartan. One person that I read about on the Spartan Forum, got some leather strap and wrapped the ball joints then filled up the space inside the leather with Grease, since all you are trying to do is keep dirt out of there so the joints don't wear. Thinking about doing that myself.

Drew
OldHatt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #23

Spartan Chassis
Drew hit the nail on the head with the dash air valve. The auto valve has Evans Tempcon and RV011894 stamped on it. It has one large heater line passing through.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Cond Mixing Valve_130518.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	39122  
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote