RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:42 AM   #29

Thanks for the info!!! I saw someplace that rumor was there is a service bulletin to replace that plug, but have never found it. Also I have never seen any guidance on how to get to it... thanks for the info about the water tank, I might go ahead and dig in now that I know where to find the circuit board.

Cummins 600hp ISX15 Spartan K3 Chassis
Ron & Peri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #30

Spartan Chassis
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the ME toy hauler. We are also recent joiners and got our 41 ME with garage last year. Sure there have been a few issues, as our was a bit neglected as far as maintenance. However, the coach feels like home and well built as far as accommodations.

Ours was also set up for a bike, but I did some mods and now haul a 2014 Smartcar back there. It is a great combo for us and as I feel all components of the coach are high end I don't mind tinkering some to keep things running.

My view is that with all the systems in these coaches we have to be pretty knowledgeable about our rigs. None of them are new anymore. Some time looking over everything, before it breaks, is time well spent.

Enjoy your rig, and I have found this forum to be an awesome resource.

Truls

Truls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:19 AM   #31

Toyhauler

Truly, what year is your toyhauler? What did you do to modify for a smart car? We would like a smart car but not enough clearance. Bike is fine. Marty
Bikerdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #32

Cummins 600hp ISX15 Spartan K3 Chassis
Ron & Peri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:43 AM   #33

I have a Smart car in mine as well. The load platform has recessed wheel wells where the four tires sit which drops the car down about 2 or 3 inches. I have a picture that you can see the car sitting in the well, but I can’t seem to post it here. It looks like you need to embed a link and host the photo somewhere else, at least from my phone. If you send me an email I’ll send you the pic.
Rooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #34

indianfourdoc@aol.com
Bikerdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #35

Spartan Chassis
Our is a 2005. I had seen pictures of the smart car version, so I knew it was possible. But, it would not fit in ours the way it was.

I reconstructed the floor to where it now has similar recessed area and allows the car to sit lower. Also, makes it easy to load, just drive in and sit in the track, then I know it will fit when bringing the ramp in. I added ratchet straps to lock down the rear wheels.

Then I had to go a little forward into the bedroom and relocate the expansion tank. And raise the roof of the garage, and the bed in the bedroom, about 4 inches.

It would have been less work with an older Smart Car as they had smaller dimensions, but a newer car made more sense since I had to modify anyways. At the same time I added a cubby for the litter box for the cat that vents into the garage with a pc fan.

It is a very tight fit, but with the tracks made for the car, loading is super easy. Just drive in and park, get out, ratchet rear wheels down, and bring the ramp/floor in with the hydraulics.

The project took better than a week to do, so a fair amount of work. And lots of planning before that.

Truls
Truls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #36

ME with a car that fits

We carry a
2000 Mini Cooper fits just fine Bigger interior volume than the Smart car no mods needed
Rt41
RT 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT 41 View Post
We carry a
2000 Mini Cooper fits just fine Bigger interior volume than the Smart car no mods needed
Rt41
Very interesting. I remember reading in an article before I bought the unit that TS designed the garage for the Mini Cooper, but were then having issues with the weight so they went with the Smartcar as the suggested vehicle. So I wonder if they changed the suggestion from the Mini to the Smart, but then ran into the height problems with the Smart being about 8" higher.

I'm not sure a Mini would even fit in mine with the length being 142" or so. I'll have to check, would much rather have a mini in mine.

Here is the platform modifications that were done to mine. Without these, the smart would not clear height wise. I added the motorcycle restraints for my track bikes and anticipate hauling bikes more than cars.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #38

I just measured my garage space and it is about 10' long.

RT41 - Is your garage space longer? Either I have the dimensions of Mini incorrect, or our garages are different. I'd like to look for a Mini if I can get one to fit. Maybe I need a vintage Mini from the 60's.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #39

ME with a car that fits

No mods needed you need to look for a vintage mini your floor is 10 ft but the back door is concave and gives you 4 extra inches the floor will carry approx 2000lbs the mini is 1400 lbs. if you like send me a phone # and I will text you pics
RT 41
Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #40

Got it. I could see how a vintage mini would fit when I looked at those dimensions.

I think what threw me off was I saw you mention 2000 mini cooper, but not realizing that a 2000 mini cooper could actually be the "vintage" version of the car. I guess it looks like 2000 was the last of the vintage and the first generation of the new? At least that is what I've figured out with some Wiki Fu. My mini knowledge is minimal at best.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #41

ME with a car that fits

look at this website miniguy.com

Tags
toy hauler