Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #1

Noob Alert - Winterizing 2003 TS

Hi. Noobie Alert! This is the first year that I'm winterizing our 2003 TS. It has a Hydrohot, so that may complicate things a bit.

I'm fuzzy on this, but using the pic of our water bay below for reference, does this look correct:
  1. Turn off hydro hot.
  2. Drain water from water tank (marked "Drain here?")
  3. Disconnect street inlet hose (marked "Antifreeze in here?").
  4. Attach short hose to the street inlet hose and shove the other end into a bottle of RV water line antifreeze.
  5. Start water pump.
  6. Open hot and cold water valves in kitchen and bathroom, and in water bay until pink antifreeze flows out.
Is this correct? Missing steps? Anything to watch out for in general? Specific to a Hydrohot?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Dan.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Dan, looks right... Really pretty simple process. I open just one faucet at a time and cold then hot to ensure both lines are full of the pink stuff before moving to the next one. Don't forget the toilet line and sprayer hose. I also remover my water filters before hand. Also make sure you ran some pink stuff into your drain traps. Last item, I make sure I have some pink stuff in the gray and black tanks so I don't have water sitting against my dump valves.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Don't forget the drain trap from the washing machine. Make sure the manifold is all pink in lines. Run some anti freeze thru washing machine, also the ice machine in the ref if you have one..
Old 11-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #4

Folks,

Thanks for the feedback.

Today I went up to where the TS is stored and started the winterization process. The fresh, gray, and black water tanks are drained. And pink antifreeze is in the sink drains, and the gray and black water tanks. That's the good news. The bad news is that I can't find the water pump so that the antifreeze can be pumped into the water lines.

The coach's docs show a schematic of the waterlines, but do not show the location of the water pump. Anyone have an idea where it's located in a 2003 TS with a Hydrohot?

Thanks,

Dan.

p.s. When there is a Hydrohot installed, there is no water water heater tank.

Tags
winter