RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #15

Can I ask a quick question about this floorplan? (with large TV located next to dinette).

I am still 10 years from retirement and have never owned an RV. Have not even been IN one in the last 10 years.

Everytime I see the largest TV located next to the dinette I frown and say "I would never buy one with that floorplan". I know there is usually another smaller TV located up front over the cab... it just seems to me that at the end of the day when the wife and I plop down on the couch to watch some TV we would not like the TV being located all the way down there by the dinette.

Also, it's not like you are going to sit at the dinette and watch TV.

I'm guessing that since I have not actually BEEN IN one of these RV's maybe the distance from couch to TV is much less than it seems in the photos.

Please set me straight...

wfcentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #16

We sit on the couch, both on one side of the dinette, but most of the time in the turned around driver and pass seats. If it is a football game the my wife really does not care about, I sit in the dinette seat facing the big TV and my wife sits in the other seat and watches the Tv up front. This would be when we are playing Backgammon that we do every night.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #17

Actually, we prefer the larger TV located at mid-point. We utilize the two captain chairs up front turned and lay or one sits on the sofa to watch. We don't have the tv up front over the dash board and prefer not too.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #18

As Dick said, turning the drivers and passengers seats around,gives you a very comfortable seat. Some even recline, and a lot of these coaches have surround sound set up on the big tv for great sound anywhere in the front salon
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #19

I watch the large mid TV from the dining table when I am working on the computer, when laying on the couch, and when sitting in the turned around passenger seat that reclines and has a foot rest. I absolutely wanted a front TV for 2 reasons. (1) When eating supper, we can both see a TV, (2) The mid TV is covered by the LR slide when we pull into a rest stop for lunch and I like to watch the news while eating, and the front TV is perfect for that since all the slides are in.

The European style dining area in our rig is very comfortable and I don't mind just sitting there and watching TV.

btw, how would someone go about taking down the mid TV so that it could be replaced with a newer model on a 2006 Select?

Ben
Old 03-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #20

Ben:

Just got through completing that task. To remove the TV, ours was a 40" JVC, you'll lift it up while tilting back just a little to clear the opening above. It'll seem difficult for a couple of reasons. The older 40" is heavier than you'd think and the square piece attached to the TV is a snug fit. However, my son-in-law and I was able to do it relatively easy. There are no locking pins or bolts. The TV is merely riding on the bracket and it's quite a nice set up. I then replaced that TV with a 47" Philips that barely fit in the space. We had to re-drill some holes in the bracket to make it work, but it wasn't difficult. Good Luck.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post
I watch the large mid TV from the dining table when I am working on the computer, when laying on the couch, and when sitting in the turned around passenger seat that reclines and has a foot rest. I absolutely wanted a front TV for 2 reasons. (1) When eating supper, we can both see a TV, (2) The mid TV is covered by the LR slide when we pull into a rest stop for lunch and I like to watch the news while eating, and the front TV is perfect for that since all the slides are in.

The European style dining area in our rig is very comfortable and I don't mind just sitting there and watching TV.

btw, how would someone go about taking down the mid TV so that it could be replaced with a newer model on a 2006 Select?

Ben
We replaced the mid tv in our Limited right after we got it. It originally had the Pioneer monitor system that was very confusing. It lifted straight up but not easily. I actually had to use a pry bar on a price of wood. I got rid of the original mounting system and replaced it with the newer style. The new flat screen looks great. The next thing I am going to do is replace the SD dome with an HD Antenna so all of my new tv's use their HD ability.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickschaak View Post
We replaced the mid tv in our Limited right after we got it. It originally had the Pioneer monitor system that was very confusing. It lifted straight up but not easily. I actually had to use a pry bar on a price of wood. I got rid of the original mounting system and replaced it with the newer style. The new flat screen looks great. The next thing I am going to do is replace the SD dome with an HD Antenna so all of my new tv's use their HD ability.
Dick..
My new to me (well I have had mine for a year now) had all new HD flat panels and a miserable King Dome that NEVER worked.. I bit the bullet in December and put a Travler HD Dish and the new Genie and wireless clients.. Pictures are amazing don't use the spaghetti factory Coax stuff and can record 5 shows at once! I have 4 panels.. Front, Mid Bedroom and outside and the RF remotes work flawlessly as they are tuned to each client and the clients are connected via HDMI so great picture..
Now I am really roughing it!
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #23

Thanks Dick and Ron. When I get back home to Tennessee, I will try and remove the mid-TV. I figured it might raise straight up, but did not want to force it if that is not how it works. Ron, I believe the setup you have is what I eventually would like to do sometime in the near future.

Thanks
Ben
Old 03-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #24

When and where is the Louisiana RV rally. We are planning on leaving the Carolinas about the 10th of April on a West bound trip for the summer sounds like a great place to stop for a few days. We have an 05 Select45 and really love this coach we've owned it for 2 years. Congratulation on your purchase I'm sure you will enjoy for many years.
jerryhawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks Dick and Ron. When I get back home to Tennessee, I will try and remove the mid-TV. I figured it might raise straight up, but did not want to force it if that is not how it works. Ron, I believe the setup you have is what I eventually would like to do sometime in the near future.

Thanks
Ben
Ben..
At the end of the day it wasn't all that difficult! The wireless stuff is available nationally now I believe.. I used the original coax that runs to the outside tv to put the router in place.. That is the only original coax I used all of the original stuff switches and cables were removed or abandoned..
BTW It is the same stuff I use in the S&B house. Only takes ab
out 20 minutes to carry it all out and install!
Good Luck!
Ron
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #26

Thanks Ron. I am looking forward to getting that done. Probably tackle the job when I get home in a few months. I may ask you some questions when I get ready to try it.

Thanks
Ben
Old 03-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #27

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks Ron. I am looking forward to getting that done. Probably tackle the job when I get home in a few months. I may ask you some questions when I get ready to try it.

Thanks
Ben
Ben..
Happy to help any way I can
Ron
Old 03-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #28

Quote:

Thanks
Ben
I believe you need to take the floor out of the booze cabinet above the TV to raise it up far enough to remove the big tv...

Tags
travel supreme, travel