Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinOn View Post
I believe you need to take the floor out of the booze cabinet above the TV to raise it up far enough to remove the big tv...
Now that I look at it, I believe you are correct.

Thanks
Ben
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinOn View Post
I believe you need to take the floor out of the booze cabinet above the TV to raise it up far enough to remove the big tv...
That could very well be on some rv's. However on my Limited it just slid up and under and when it was free of the mount we dropped it down and out. It is a two man job. Very heavy.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #31

Happy to hear you're enjoying the new coach. We're also in Mesa, AZ in a new to us coach and planning to escape the heat and head north. Best of luck on the road.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickschaak View Post
That could very well be on some rv's. However on my Limited it just slid up and under and when it was free of the mount we dropped it down and out. It is a two man job. Very heavy.
On mine, there is only about 1 inch between the top of the TV and the bottom of the "booze cabinet". The TV does look heavy. I have a 42" Sony that I would like to replace the JVC with. I will give it a try when I get home and one of my son-in-laws are around to help lift it.

Thanks
Ben
Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Happy to hear you're enjoying the new coach. We're also in Mesa, AZ in a new to us coach and planning to escape the heat and head north. Best of luck on the road.
Yes, we certainly are enjoying it. Moving from a 37 ft gas to this big honker was a huge change for us. Glad you are enjoying your new to your coach.

We love Mesa and are at the Viewpoint RV Park and will return next year.

We will head out in about 2 weeks for UT for the off-roading with a couple of others. Definitely want to get ahead of the heat.

Ben
Old 03-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #34

Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, Ben. You may need to clear out the stuff in the cabinet above just in case...the floor lifts up easily. You can even take the front doors off by removing 4 phillips screws securing the panel around the doors. The TV will lift straight up, using two people. I installed a 42 in. hitachi LED I got at Sams, so now you have a couple options we know will work. Just measure the bracket carefully and drill some holes to attach the new one. You may need to buy some new screws....typically, these are metric types that fit the rear of the TV.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeprubi View Post

On mine, there is only about 1 inch between the top of the TV and the bottom of the "booze cabinet".
Thanks
Ben
On my 2006, the cabinet above had a space behind it that the tv could slide up into...and then off the bracket. I used a 2x4 to lift the tv!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
On my 2006, the cabinet above had a space behind it that the tv could slide up into...and then off the bracket. I used a 2x4 to lift the tv!
Mine also has that gap, but the TV is about 3/4" in front of the gap. Don't know if that would be a hindrance or not.

Ben
Old 03-29-2014, 08:47 AM   #37

Shouldn't be an issue. The TV will tilt back enough to slide up in that hole. As previously stated it's a little heavier than normal and the bracket design makes it tight and seem heavier. It will definitely go up into that hole and off the bracket.
2013 Newell #1472
2006 Travel Supreme Select
Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #38

Just a little thought to your TV Replacement.
After you get the old one out, you might want to look at the space behind it.
When the previous owner of my coach did the replacement he had a couple of shelves/drawers installed in that space and a door installed that opens into the hallway. A nice bonus to add some kitchen/food storage.

Drew
OldHatt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHatt45 View Post
Just a little thought to your TV Replacement.
After you get the old one out, you might want to look at the space behind it.
When the previous owner of my coach did the replacement he had a couple of shelves/drawers installed in that space and a door installed that opens into the hallway. A nice bonus to add some kitchen/food storage.

Drew
My wife would definitely like that.

Thanks Drew
Ben
Old 04-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #40

We replaced the TV with a Samsung slim screen as it allowed us the largest screen that would fit the space. My DH built out the cabinet so that the TV actually sits on the outside of the box now and is on a arm that extends and swivels. He also left a hatch for getting behind the TV as that is where the plumbing for the shower is at and if needed wanted to be able to gain access.
foreverfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #41

Hi

We also just purchased a 2004 TS Supreme with low miles!! I look forward to seeing any tips and meeting you on this form.
goodtimes73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes73 View Post
We also just purchased a 2004 TS Supreme with low miles!! I look forward to seeing any tips and meeting you on this form.
Congratulations!!!!! Welcome to the Travel Supreme family. There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum.

Ben

Tags
travel supreme, travel