RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #1

Possible new TS owner

My wife @ I are flying to Calif tomorrow to look @ a 2007 T/S 45ft Alante . The coach is a one owner @ in the pictures seems well taken care of. Is the Alante a model above the Envoy and does the Alante have a K2 chasis. The coach has 70000 miles but well taken care of will very good maint.. records.No X brasing the owner said they have never had a windshield problem. The Tires @ batteries were replaces last year Tis will be our 3rd motorhome ,but the 45footer has my wife a little worried our last coach was a 36 footer. Thanks and hope this time next week we well be the proud owner of our new T/S

Sirmowsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #2

If you know the model number Google "2007 (model number) specifications. You should be able to find chassis specs, interior, options, paint codes and such. It will need X-bracing. It makes a big difference. Plan on making a vacation trip up to Precision Paint in Indiana. I went from a 36' to 45' with no trouble. Ask plenty of questions on this forum. Everybody will chip in to help.

Dale F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #3

Nor'easters Club
I'm not sure about the chassis (although I believe the K2 is correct), but in 07 the TS lineup was as follows:

Envoy (entry level 38'-42')
Insignia (mid level 38'-42')
Alante' (mid level 45')
Select (high level 42'-45')
Select Limited (high level 45')

In 07 they also manufactured the ME model, which was a 42' mid engine toy hauler with a garage in the back. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

All the best to you with it.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post

All the best to you with it.
Ditto what John said!!!
This forum has some very knowledgable TS owners that don't mind helping us rookie TS owners out when we have a question.
Spartan Mountain Master
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirmowsalot View Post
My wife @ I are flying to Calif tomorrow to look @ a 2007 T/S 45ft Alante . The coach is a one owner @ in the pictures seems well taken care of. Is the Alante a model above the Envoy and does the Alante have a K2 chasis. The coach has 70000 miles but well taken care of will very good maint.. records.No X brasing the owner said they have never had a windshield problem. The Tires @ batteries were replaces last year Tis will be our 3rd motorhome ,but the 45footer has my wife a little worried our last coach was a 36 footer. Thanks and hope this time next week we well be the proud owner of our new T/S
This link shows publicity from Travel Supreme about the 2008 Alante: http://www.rvingplanet.com/brands/tr...lass-a-diesel/

Hope it helps your investigation!
The Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #7

Sirms, I just traded my '07 Alante, which we bought new...was a great coach. Some things I would recommend. Check for rust on all structural elements....generator area, under the basement, in front of and behind the rear axles. Water penetration is an issue in the basement, so check all flooring, esp. Under the tanks. Be sure it has the new diesel cooling fan drive update...call Spartan and they can tell you that. Also verify the exhaust pipe coming out of the turbo isn't broken at the flange...and a piece of flex should be added to reduce the rigidity of this pipe. See if you can get the auto gen start to work when voltage dips below, say, 11.8....mine would never do that. Has the Hydro Hot burner been cleaned and filter, nozzle replaced? Up on the roof the original sealant will probably be cracked and should be repaired. A/C shrouds are quite thin and may be cracked around the edges. Finally, look for clear coat issues on both caps as well as on awnings. If original topper awnings, I can guarantee the material will be weathered and stitching will be pulling loose.

Check condition of the shower door rollers....some may be bad and since the Italian mfr. went belly up, you won't find replacements. Have they updated the original JVC TV's to high def models? Look for signs of water penetration around the floor near and behind the rear wheels. Look for alignment and fitment of all slides, along with gasket damage at corners. Check performance of the microwave....the square wave inverter does a number on it's performance over time. If all-electric, there should be 8house batteries in good condition. Chassis batteries will last about 4-5 years, so make note of replacements. TS changed to 315/80 tires about at coach #1800, so if you got the smaller 295's you'll have less net CCC. The original Weldex rear view camera setup was known to have issues, likely related mostly to a signal-losing molex plug behind the closet wall at the rear camera.

Finally, you MUST have the X-bracing done. If not, you WILL have windshield issues when traversing uneven ground such as grade transitions. Do not trust the owner telling you there are no issues here. You'll need an "X" truss in the basement between 2nd and 3rd bays and at rear of basement in front of the drive axle. Most importantly, you need those angled braces on either side of the fuel tank extending from the basement rails up to the main rails plus angled lacings under the basement floor between these rails. Finally. An "X" horizontally between rails up over the generator.

This coach came out in January, 2006 as an '07 model, positioned halfway between the Insignia and the Select. Built on a Spartan K-2 chassis with a 500h0Cummins and Allison MH4000 tranny. Generator is 10k watts.

Gee....sounds like I've killed off your hopes here, but be assured this is a great coach. Just be sure you know what you are getting so you don't have to come out of pocket for more repairs. I would say a fair cash price to pay should be in the $160-170 area if it's in good condition. A lot of other experienced TS owners here who will help you along the way after the purchase.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #8

Very good synopsis Slabman,
I learned a lot, and I already have a TS...Thanks
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #9

possible new t/s owner

wife @ I just got back from Calif @ we purchased the 2007 45ft Alante . The coach is in great shape I want to thank you for all the information especially the Slabman . I went down your list the front cap was in good shape but the rear will need somework also one of the a/c covers had a crack in the front corner , all three need to be repainted, Didnt see rust the coach has spent most of its life in Calif. Mostly at a m/h resort. The coach has 30,000 miles not 70,000 all batteries replace but only the two front tires .The owners husband passed away and he did all the outside stuff. Is the generator on a power slide, if so were is the switch to extend it. Returning to pick up the coach this weekend. Thanks again
Sirmowsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #10

Look to the left of the driver's seat. There are many switches there on the wall console. One of them says generator slide. Make sure you have not pulled too close to something before you slide it out. More than likely you will need to have the engine running, or at least air tanks full and ignition key on.
Hope this helps
Also I have a source for the a/c covers. They come in white and black. ..I think about$100
Let me know if I can help
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #11

Do not think so, the 2007 Alante does not have a power slide on the genny.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:02 AM   #12

I had Genes Alante. Had to release.pin below the geset slide out and then pull from the bottom. You have to give a good yug.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #13

Nor'easters Club
Sirmowsalot, congrats on the purchase. We'll be looking forward to hearing about your new experiences.

Jeff, any info on your source for the A/C covers would be appreciated. I have at least one with a pretty good split that I was planning on replacing this spring (if spring ever gets here this year).

Thx,

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #14

Sirm, congrats! Sounds like you got a jewel there. No power slide on the generator...pull the pin down to pull the front cowling out, then another pin at the RH frt. of the slide to get the gen itself out. Since this baby has had little use, be on the lookout for drying, rotting rubber....including those rear tires which will most assuredly need replacing ASAP. About $700+ each. Can do better through the FMCA program.

The A/C shrouds on the current model Dometics are thicker, so that's the way to go. If you ?google around, you will find some knockoff products which are virtually the same. A DIY project. And check out the fluids...might want to change 'em all so you can start with a clean slate. Good luck!

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote