Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #15

Here are more pics for you to see if this is worth purchasing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M11595.1.jpg
Views:	831
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	8915   Click image for larger version

Name:	M11595.3.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	8916  

Click image for larger version

Name:	M11595.6.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	8917   Click image for larger version

Name:	M11595.21.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	8918  

staffcurtis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2011, 02:07 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
staffcurtis,

$80,000+ $20,000+$5,000 for unforseen repairs is not a bad price for a $170,000 item.
Let us know how it turns out when completed.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #17

Well you seemed to imply that the damage history may devalue the coach significantly, or I may have problems myself down the road. I couldn't find a four slide tag axle RV for $100k anywhere, so I thought it was still a great buy. Sounds like you would go for the upgraded fiberglass over the older style. I may get a full body paint job depending on the cost, but that would be down the road.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #18

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
I figure you are about $30,000 ahead with 05 cap and new paintjob included and when professionally completed vs current selling prices.

Just my two cents and worth every penny,

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #19

Looks like a good deal to me.
turbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #20

Thanks guys for all of your opinions. I will keep y'all posted on the progress.

Wish me luck!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I bought my 60 Corvette in 1983, it was in primer and completely disassembled. When I sanded the primer I found major damage that had been repaired with bondo. After doing a little research I decide to do the fiberglass repairs myself. I backed up every crack with fiberglass strips and then repaired the cracks. I think the repaired areas are stronger than any other areas. My point is, if done properly the repairs should last a lifetime.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #22

It does have a lot of roof damage but I would just have it repaired and use the extra cash to set it up how you want to. Remember a coach like that is going to cost you a lot to operate and get to how you want it. The money would be better spent setting it up how you want instead of a new cap. It will still be a gorgeous Rig
Old 03-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #23

Nor'easters Club
It looks like you'll end up with a lot of coach for a great price. I wouldn't be too concerned about the paint. The body shops today do wonders with color matching. Keep us posted.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
any updates...? Was 80k their asking price or the price both parties agreed to....I think it's a nice looking rig.....with the 04 front cap....If yoy kept it as a 04 front, how would the window frame be fixed.....
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #25

Staffcurtis....
You are buying our old motorhome. It WAS hit by TREES...not just one. And it has damage to the rear cap and the roof, as well. It was a WONDERFUL coach, though. And they drove it back and forth, so it is still "roadworthy" We had cross bracing installed and new metal subbracing in stairwell, which is normally just a wooden "box" and gets "soft" with moisture over time. Are you buying it out of Kentucky?
Tom and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:59 AM   #26

Staffcurtis... We were also told that you can't put an '05 cap on the front as it doesn't match up with the '04 body correctly. There will be a HUGE amount of electrical restoration to accomplish and, I believe you will need a new roof and rear cap, as well. However...it REALLY was a wonderful coach...though we only had it from August until December when the trees hit it in a windstorm on our private lot!!! We now have purchased an '05 45', but have some things to do before it will be as nice as the '04...even though it has fewer miles on it! We miss that coach!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 AM   #27
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Pam View Post
Staffcurtis....
You are buying our old motorhome. It WAS hit by TREES...not just one.

You have what I can only call CLASS you showed that by joining and letting everyone know "the rest of the story".

Thank you, I for one greatly appreciate your gesture
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #28

I sincerely hope that I haven't messed anything up for anybody. I do, however, believe that all parties to any transaction should know exactly what they are getting out of the "deal"....if at all possible. The party to whom we sold the coach treated us well, and I'm sure he will treat HIS purchaser well, too. However, it doesn't hurt to have all parties know what the full picture is without having to waste a trip or pay for something other than what they believe they are getting. Best wishes with the transaction AND with "our" old coach...which we still have a lot of regret about "losing"!!! You just can't fight Mother Nature!