RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:39 AM   #1

Rear slide on passenger side

I have talked so several people about the rear slide on PS. Almost all say it goes out more at the bottom faster than at the top. Mine also works like that, I have to give it a little push at top to help it go out. Is there a way to install a extra roller to make it go out without binding. If there is where will I put it? Thanks

cjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwhite View Post
I have talked so several people about the rear slide on PS. Almost all say it goes out more at the bottom faster than at the top. Mine also works like that, I have to give it a little push at top to help it go out. Is there a way to install a extra roller to make it go out without binding. If there is where will I put it? Thanks
I tend to give mine a little Push on the top, just to keep it level. Think it has more to do with just play at the Attachment point, not that more rollers are needed, JMHO.

Still seals tight both in and Out.

That's how mine works,

Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
I tend to give mine a little Push on the top, just to keep it level. Think it has more to do with just play at the Attachment point, not that more rollers are needed, JMHO.

Still seals tight both in and Out.

That's how mine works,

Yeah.. Could still be a heart stopper for some folks who are outside watching the slide tip in and out.... I have always suspected that the heavy CRT type TV (Original) mounted so high had something to do with it.. Would like to get rid of that set and use something more modern but really don't have the carpentry skills to do it...
Ron Husak
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #4

Mine is a 2006 envoy TS and the rear slide out passanger side does not go all the way out. THe awning is not tight and the bottom of the slide out is all the way in . THe top needs another 2 incehes to be against the wall. Ideas???
RicSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhusak View Post
...Yeah.. I have always suspected that the heavy CRT type TV (Original) mounted so high had something to do with it.. Ron Husak
Ron,
The CRT may contribute but getting rid of it didn't fix mine. I still have to give the top a shove to keep it level going out!
Spartan Mountain Master
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #6

excuse me but what is a CRT? lol I really dont know.

Ric
RicSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #7

Check for excessive dirt, leaves, pine needles, etc. on top of the slide out(s). Be sure to lube all of your slide gaskets. The top is usually neglected because it is difficult to do without removing the awning fabric. The top is the mostly susceptible to dirt build up due to its horizontal surface. Some birds find this an ideal nesting site on long stays. A Long handled mop, pressure washer with extended length. Clean it dry it, spray some 303 on it (liberally) near the gasket [[ https://www.amazon.com/303-30313-CSR...&dpSrc=srchand ]] run it in and out a few times. Do the same with the sides and bottom. Resistance/drag could be the problem. 12 yrs. could equal much buildup on the slide roof and its associated gasket. Also don't forget that the gasket could be "rolling" and causing a bind, usually the result of excessive drag on the gasket. Don't forget to clean and use a good wax on the outside slide walls.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSteel View Post
excuse me but what is a CRT? lol I really dont know.

Ric
Cathode Ray Tube ie: Old fashioned TV..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04
Old 03-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #9

my 03 TS 45 does the same. my 03 42 TS didn't do it.
I am looking into fixing it.
Gary Lutke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #10

Just a follow up, I took the old tube type TV out, it weights a ton, like 100 lbs or so. The slide now works good, it does go out at bottom faster than the top, but when its 1/2 way out it seems to catch up and works fine. I am going to take the topper off over the slide and see how it works. It seem to be a little tight, may need to be cleaned.
cjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwhite View Post
Just a follow up, I took the old tube type TV out, it weights a ton, like 100 lbs or so. The slide now works good, it does go out at bottom faster than the top, but when its 1/2 way out it seems to catch up and works fine. I am going to take the topper off over the slide and see how it works. It seem to be a little tight, may need to be cleaned.
Be sure to let us know what you find.. I would sure like to address this as well...
Ron..

04 Travel Supreme 40DS04

Tags
slide