Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

Removing bedroom JVC TV

I am trying to take out the JVC tv in the bedroom of my 06 Select. I figured that I would need to lift it straight up, but it did not budge. It appears to be anchored towards the top of the TV. I am always afraid to apply to much pressure being afraid I will break something.

I know others have replaced this TV, how did you remove it?

Thanks
Ben
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
I do know about the Select, but on my Envoy the wood trim above the bedroom TV held in from moving upward. The trim was mount using a piano hinge so all I needed to do was push it and it folded back allowing me to lift the TV up about an inch and then I was able to pull it out of the cabinet.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
I do know about the Select, but on my Envoy the wood trim above the bedroom TV held in from moving upward. The trim was mount using a piano hinge so all I needed to do was push it and it folded back allowing me to lift the TV up about an inch and then I was able to pull it out of the cabinet.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
I pulled up on the trim and then tried to lift up the TV, but it would not move. I was afraid to put to much muscle into it thinking I might break something. Maybe I do need to try harder.

Thanks for the response
Ben
Old 08-22-2014, 06:09 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
Ben,

IIRC mine was secured from moving left to right and front to back with pieces of wood attached to the shelf the set was siting on. It came out pretty easily once the overhead trim was removed. Do you have access below the TV (possibly removing a drawer) to see if they screwed it in from the bottom? If not, maybe it's just a tight fit. Good luck and I'm sure others will be interested in what you find.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Ben,

IIRC mine was secured from moving left to right and front to back with pieces of wood attached to the shelf the set was siting on. It came out pretty easily once the overhead trim was removed. Do you have access below the TV (possibly removing a drawer) to see if they screwed it in from the bottom? If not, maybe it's just a tight fit. Good luck and I'm sure others will be interested in what you find.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
Lou, there is plenty of room all around my TV. When I pull out on the bottom of it, it appears to be attached about 2/3s the way up in the back.

I guess I am going to have to just put more muscle into it and see if it will lift up.

Ben
Old 08-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
2005 ts s

The TV on mine was screwed into the TV bottom from inside the drawer below and then pull forward to release the back. Be careful if weighs about 250 lbs.
Ron
Old 08-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron @ HHI View Post
The TV on mine was screwed into the TV bottom from inside the drawer below and then pull forward to release the back. Be careful if weighs about 250 lbs.
Ron
Mine was exactly the same. Two guys to haul it out the door, a tight fit................ JB
pivotdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:02 AM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Wow, what size TV's did they put in the Selects? My bedroom one was only about 19" and maybe weighted 50 lbs and the Living Room one was larger, but I would guess 100 lbs max. I removed them both myself so they couldn't have been much more.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
Old 08-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #9

More TV Questions

my tv has a lip on the front of the cabinet and the trim around the sides and top are nailed or screwed and I can't get it off (easily).
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140829_140208.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	72346
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140829_140221.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	72345
has any one removed the TV from this setup?
I can pull the lip off the shelf, but am afraid that will damage finish.
Thanks
Gary
Gary Lutke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lutke View Post
my tv has a lip on the front of the cabinet and the trim around the sides and top are nailed or screwed and I can't get it off (easily).
Attachment 72346
Attachment 72345
has any one removed the TV from this setup?
I can pull the lip off the shelf, but am afraid that will damage finish.
Thanks
Gary
You have to pull the trim off. I tried everything I could to remove mine with the trim installed, but it won't happen. Carefully pry until you get a small gap between the trim and the base. Once you have enough space to fit a pry bar in then getting it the rest of the way off is easy.
Your going to do more damage to that lower trim trying to get the TV out with it still on, so just take it off then pin nail it back in.
Jason40TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #11

At least 2-3" screws from the bottom underneath....like the other posts said.Shouldn't have to remove any wood...at least I didn't.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I use a 3" drywall knife not a screwdriver to spread the force over a larger area to avoid nicks and start at the bottom where any damage can't be seen. There are screws inside the drawer and a clip at the back of the TV base.
Ron
Old 11-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #13

I pulled the trim off the shelf. Then I found the hinge at the top inside of the facing. So I looked under the shelf and found the 2 screws everyone said would be there.
Luckily I didn't mess up the finish when I pulled the trim. I should have looked twice before acting.
Gary Lutke is offline   Reply With Quote