Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Spartan Chassis
Salesman's switch relay

Hi all..
Well I was in town... Lake Havasu where we are snow birding in for my last chiropractic treatment before we leave for Patagonia State Park tomorrow.. The nurse when I arrived told me to call my wife as I had left my phone at home.. That was after the storage lot where I am storing my pontoon for the next 3 weeks called my cell and said I had forgotten my key for the boat lock and boat ignition in the hitch lock!!!!
Maybe you can see what kind of day I have had...
My DW announced everything was dead! No A/C no Reefer no lights nothing.. All the neighboring campers (who I have gotten to know) were over trying all visible breakers etc. looking for the problem..
Well I got home as soon as possible and my buds were looking things over.. I rechecked all and the same.. I checked the battery fuse OK.. Checked the inverter breaker OK... Had voltage at the pedestal all of it..
So I thought well maybe someone had inadvertently switched the salesman's switch off.. Nope it was on.. I was at a loss..
Well I have read about these switch relays before so it was questionable to me... It tried flipping it on and off several times and could hear it click at the rear... Suddenly power came on! I think I have a bad relay.. But I will be damned if I can find it... It sounds like it is coming from the inverter compartment but I cannot see it... I tried to get as low as I could (but remember the chiropractor) it was very painful to try to contort way down there..
I have an 04 TS04 does anyone know definitively what relay is used and where it is.. I am sure it is ready to take a to take dump and want to be proactive for a change...
All of your help would be most appreciated..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

Ron,

In the inverter compartment, the back panel is actually a door that swings up.
Remove everything in that compartment and you can swing the door up to expose the relays, slide controllers, etc. Not sure which relay it might be, but there should be only 2 or 3 of them. Get the DW to switch things on and off while you keep a finger on each of the relays and see which one is working/not working.

Drew
OldHatt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Ron,
It should be the relay on the right.
One relay is for salesman switch and the other is battery connect.
Have DW activate the battery connect switch. The salesman switch is the one that doesn't go bump in the night!
Connect both large wires to the same mounting screw and you should have elec.
By the time you get it removed I should have a NAPA part number for you!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #4

Spartan Chassis
http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...9&d=1414289427

The link is a pic of mine. Hook the red and black wires together for temporary power.

NAPA part numbers:
ST85 is an 80 amp solenoid.
ST725 is a 200 amp solenoid

Hope your evening gets better. At least you will be able to keep the beer cold!
2023 F-150 Towed
Old 03-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Ron,
Here's a link to look at later this evening that explains what is going on with the salesman switch.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f274/new-...-254158-2.html
2023 F-150 Towed
Old 03-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Hey Ron, any progress report for us?
2023 F-150 Towed
Old 03-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Hey Ron, any progress report for us?
Hi all..
Not yet.. I never got one yet.. In the small location of Patagonia AZ.. No parts store of any kind.. Moving to Tucson on Thursday will get one when I arrive.. The relay is behind false back wall of compartment.. I had too much crap stored there to note it..
I am sure it is the issue..
Ron
Old 03-17-2016, 03:08 PM   #8

Hope you got to Tuscon safe and will get it figured out... sounds to me like you are on the right track. Drew nailed it. I would have never figured that out!!! Good luck Ron!
roadtriplove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriplove View Post
Hope you got to Tuscon safe and will get it figured out... sounds to me like you are on the right track. Drew nailed it. I would have never figured that out!!! Good luck Ron!
That's why this forum is so great...
We are here at Catalina in Tucson and will go by the local NAPA tomorrow.. came over perfectly after a week at Patagonia.. But will get a relay here even if I don't replace it before I get home.. Balmy 87 degrees here!
Ron

Tags
sale