Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

Slide rubbing at the top/center of the wall opening.

My drivers side dinette slide is rubbing at the top/center of the wall opening and sometimes won't make it in the last few inches. I checked the top outside trim piece and tighten the screws, but it's still too close. Maybe I can adjust the slide rollers to make it fit better in the wall opening? How do I adjust the rollers on that slide in a 2006 TSS?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #2

Hmmmm, the rollers are on the inside edge of that slide, but you're having trouble with the outside edge.

Does the top of the coach opening for that slide sag in the middle?
Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #3

Are you trying to bring the slide in while still on your jacks? The frame on you 45 foot K2 chassis will sag and twist causing the slides to bind. Try raising your jacks and bring your coach to ride height then bring your slides in.
Steve
Old 12-07-2019, 10:23 AM   #4

I always bringing the slide in, aired up, at "ride height". There may be a little sag in the top middle of the wall opening because it only hits there, not at the corners.

If there is no adjustment to make the sildeout sit sightly lower in the wall opening, then I guess I will need to adjust the wall opening itself. It's not going be easy, there's not much room to work on that with the slide installed.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #5

Something is making the slide out sit higher in the wall opening, the paint stripes on the vertical sides are not aligned. Click image for larger version

Name:	20191208_082517.jpeg
Views:	52
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	268897Click image for larger version

Name:	20191208_082612.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	268898Click image for larger version

Name:	20191208_082421.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	268899
Old 12-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #6

First thing I'd do is take it down off the jacks and air up the suspension...then see how things line up. It might even line up differently if you run the slide almost all the way out and back in while on the air bags.

The height of the slide when in is controlled by the big arms underneath. Sheesh, they go back inside somewhere mysterious!
Old 12-09-2019, 03:03 AM   #7

I always bringing the slide in/out, aired up, at "ride height".
Old 12-09-2019, 06:22 AM   #8

Ha, only mentioned it because your last picture showed the front jack down.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #9

American Coach Owners Club
Once again this forum comes to the rescue.

My front passenger side slide has intermittently been sticking at the upper front corner when coming in often not fully recessing flush. Tried all combinations of jack positions. Sometimes worked sometimes didn't.

Now have successfully pulled the slide in 5 times with coach aired up to ride height and off jacks. Never had more than 2 in a row before.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #10

I'm frequently amazed how much the frame flexes on my tough old K2 chassis. This frame is now called a K3, and the old Mountain Master is now called K2. It's considered by many to be quite the beast.

I've had the x-bracing and even the front hoop. And those mods really, really helped stiffen the house box as we drive down the road.

But when we park and deploy those massive Equalizer jacks, holy cow, what a whole bunch of flex happens!

We can be parked on a pretty level site, with the jacks on auto having nicely leveled the house...and the front door won't close smoothly, the pocket door at midship beside the frig won't have a straight joint when closed, and the basement doors won't all line up with their catches.

And all those problems disappear when we pull up the jacks and air up the bags!
Old 12-12-2019, 03:41 AM   #11

I put a small scissors jack on the roof of the slide out under the opening trim in the area where the slide top hits, cranked it tight, added more screws to the underside of the trim piece. Still no joy. The sides out hits the top and won't make it in all of the way. The trim appears to be straight. Yet under the bottom edge, the gap is big enough to stick my fingers in.

It seems like something is making that slide wall sit too high in the opening. Is there any way to shift/adjust the slide wall?Click image for larger version

Name:	20191211_144357.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	269259
Old 12-12-2019, 07:21 AM   #12

I spoke with Paul Conley this morning. He said that the only way to fix this problem is to remove the trim across the top of slide wall, cut across the top of the slide wall, and then reinstall/seal the trim piece.

I'm wondering what saw I should use to cut off 1/2" off the top of the slide wall. I assume the wall is a combination of fiberglass, aluminum, and maybe some wood?
Old 12-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #13

If you cut off the top edge of the slide, you're just fixing the symptom.

It would sure be good to see what the arms that support it are riding on. Something has caused it to move up...at least as it finishes coming in.

Is this slide on the curb side? That one is sooo painful to access!
Old 12-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #14

Nor'easters Club
I'm with Doug on this and would hold off enlarging the opening until I fully understood the cause. Since the stripes in the paint indicate at one time the slide sat lower in the opening, something has cause it to lift. Can you extend the slide and get a few pics of the arms and the attachment points to the bottom of the slide? Maybe we could compare that to our rigs and see if something stands out.

As I understand it, this is the large driver's side with the issue. Maybe something in the arm has twisted. Just a thought.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide