Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #1

Travel Supreme and Spartan Chassis

Has anyone out there heard anything about some trouble with Spartan Chassis not designing there chassis's big enough for the 2007 and 2008 travel supreme? We were told by a random rv sales guy that there is a law suit out there. I can't find any other info on it and wonder is this sales guys statements were valid. He told us they are not allowed to except any trade ins of travel Supremes from those years because of the problems. Would love some more info.
Anita73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I don't recall any posts about that.

I would think it would be Travel Supreme's fault, but they're out of business.

The motorhome manufacturer orders the chassis to their specs.

If it's overloaded, it's not Spartan's fault.

Weighing the motorhome would determine if there is a problem.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #3

sounds like BS to me, I have 07 Select all loaded and ready to go weighs in under the GVW rating
turbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 PM   #4

You can tell when an RV salesman is lying, anytime his lips are moving. There is no truth to his statement whatsoever. All just my experience and opinion.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
I'm with Gene. Right after the demise of Travel Supreme, we heard stories of how dealers didn't want an "orphan" model on their lot for obvious selling reasons. THAT may be the genesis of this story. But as for chassis inadequacies, I don't buy it unless the same story applies to coaches from Newmar, Tiffin, and a few others.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #6

Maybe the salesman was talking about the X-bracing problem they had that caused the front windows to pop out of the bubber seal or crack. This was a well known fact and can be fixed by welding bracing in the frame I believe in the front.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #7

Thanks so much for your reassurance. Especially Snowfitter, we have a front window that pops out. I'll look into your solution, thank you.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #8

Which particular models and years are having the frame flex problem and windows popping out?
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:39 AM   #9

Not sure if its just the K2 but the guys that can tell you are Bishop Christensn or Ronnie Miller. They started a RV repair shop in Elkhart, Indiana when Travel Supreme went under. They both had worked for Travel Supreme for a number of years. Not sure if they are still in business but someone on this forum should know how to contact them. Ronnie has been on this forum in the past. I think I saw something on Bishop moving to a different shop working for someone else a while back.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #10

You can get in touch with Bishop at midwestcustomrv.com. They will help you with your problems and concerns.
shortimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #11

Unhappy

We have an 07 Travel Supreme Envoy and we've had lots of problems with windows popping out. Just driving down the road it's popped out. Our friends have a 07 Travel Supreme Select and they had the same issue. When it rains we just cringe. Even the driver's side window allows water to come in. It's very frustrating.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #12

Red face

This is not true, the Chassis on the travel supreme are the bes in the business or certainly as good as any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita73 View Post
Has anyone out there heard anything about some trouble with Spartan Chassis not designing there chassis's big enough for the 2007 and 2008 travel supreme? We were told by a random rv sales guy that there is a law suit out there. I can't find any other info on it and wonder is this sales guys statements were valid. He told us they are not allowed to except any trade ins of travel Supremes from those years because of the problems. Would love some more info.
Larry Daly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #13

2009 Travel Supreme Does anyone know about these limited units

I am presently purchasing a 2009 Travel Supreme 42 foot RV. I am trying to find a book value? Travel Supreme went out of business in 2007 but I have found a 2009? I have a copy of the title and registration so yes it is a 2009 Travel Supreme Envoy. In 2008 Jayco Entegra took over for Travel Supreme. My bank says there is no such thing as a 2009 Envoy so I am having trouble getting a loan. The MSRP sticker that the owner provided is clear proof that this is a 2009. Jayco tells me their 2009 model is not the Envoy? Help? Also can anyone tell me if and when the window pop out problems for the Travel Supremes were dealt with or not? I am hoping that the window problems were cured before the 2009 model I am buying. Thank you for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Which particular models and years are having the frame flex problem and windows popping out?
Larry Daly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #14

Can anyone provide a time line on the closing of TS and the last models/years produced and the purchase by jayco and the first years/models produced. Was at the Tampa show and saw the Entegra line for the first time, was impressed, but not enough history on these for me to purchase today. Was Spartan chassis a division and owned by Monaco/Holiday Rambler?
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote