Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #1

TV removal in 2005 TS Select

Anyone know how to remove the bedroom TV in a 2006 TS Select? It's a flat screen tube TV that I want to take out and replace with a LCD TV.
thanks for any help,
Learn2Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #2

I will be following this thread carefully, as I intend to do the same thing with my 2004 45DS04. It appears that removal of the trim work along the bottom will allow for easy removal of the TV. I'm more interested in knowing how to run two new coax cables for the satellite receiver/DVR I'll also be installing. Has anyone figured out a way to run cables into the slide and into the back of the TV?

Al Fetch
2004 Select 45DS04
alfetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #3

Contact Bishop Christensen at Midwest Custom RV, LLC in Elkhart. Travel Supreme Motor Homes, Fifth Wheel RVs | Elkhart, IN We talked about pulling some new wiring to mine when I replaced the dish on top with a winegard traveler but it is quite a chore, can be done, just a pretty good job.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #4

I've already contacted Bishop and his response was about the same as yours.... it can be done but it's a real bear. He said he generally allows a half day of labor, but didn't go into detail about what all was necessary to run the cables. Sounds like a slide removal, to me.

Al Fetch
2004 Select 45DS04
Old 03-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #5

Right now, all I'm concerned about is removing that rear bedroom TV. I plan on doing the rest of the AV upgrades myself as time allows on the road this year. I realize that running new cables will be necessary, but I'm not there yet. I just can't figure how this TV is mounted in there and I don't want to tear anything up getting it out.
thanks,
Old 03-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #6

i have removed mine several times,there is 4 wooden plugs on the inside of the wood frame remove them and you will find 4 screws to get out then take out the frame and then the tv good luck.... pk 42
pk42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #7

When did they put all this advertising in op's first post? REALLY annoying and takes a lot of space, besides, I first thought the op was advertising on the site and that would be a negative connotation for sure, but I see they are on all threads on the first post. Still do not like it, appears that there is getting to be more advertising than content on the site, just saying.

WOW, complained in my replay and when I posted it the ads disappear, not understanding this yet but will keep looking and testing.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
I just removed the bedroom TV from my Envoy and it couldn't be simpler. On mine, when you look at the cabinet where the TV is housed you will see the cabinet structure with the TV on top and drawers below. Right above the TV there is a horizontal oak strip that is about 2" tall and is recessed about 3/4" to the back side of the cabinet face. This strip of wood is actually hinged with a full pianio hinge at the top so when it swings down (normal position) it holds the TV in position. The factory placed a few stops beneath the TV to keep it from sliding around, placed the TV on the stops and then pulled down the oak strip down. They used a couple of spots of hot glue keep the oak from moving. All I needed to do was to firmly break the glue bonds and the oak strip swung up so I could lift the TV off the stops. Of course, I spent over an hour messing around removing drawers and screws before I realized this.

I don't know if an 06 Select is the same, but if it is and you can figure out what I've tried to describe it is a pretty simple and clever design.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions and good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #9

Lou
There's no piano hinge for me to work with. I got a cabinet builder in to take a look. He left scratching his head. He couldn't figure out how that tv is mounted or how to access it.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 Forum
Old 03-31-2011, 12:33 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Troy,

Do you have any pics? On mine you can't see the hinge, just the horizontal oak strip so it is not very obvious. How is your access under the TV? Any chance they screwed it in from below?

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #11

Troy,

I just removed my bedroom TV (in the slide) today. I carefully removed the bottom trim (three pieces) and simply slid the 27 inch HEAVY JVC tv right out. After it was removed I stuck my head in the opening, and, sure enough, as reported by another member, the top horizontal piece is, in fact, hinged and spot glued. I suppose taking a rubber mallet to the front of it might release the glue so the hinges would allow the piece to swing back and up and out of the way. On the other hand, removing the trim on the bottom was pretty simple and will tack right back in place with a brad gun after I install the new LCD TV.

Next project will be to figure out how to run two more coax cables for the HD DVR sat receiver from the portable 5 LNB antenna.

Good luck.

Al Fetch
2004 Select 45 DS04
Old 08-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #12

Hi everyone,
I have a new to me 2004 TS 40DS03. The TV in the bedroom had a frame around the opening that was removed by pulling the wood plugs then removing the six screws. Two on the top and then two on each side. That was the easy and quick part. When they cut the opening for my Coach they made it so tight that I had to grease the sides of the cabinet with dish washing liquid and use a putty knife on both sides and another on the bottom using a fulcrum and a large screw driver to pry the TV forward. This took me almost two hours of constant effort. In the process the TV was squeezed so hard that it was crowning the plastic cabinet at the top. Felt like quite a victory when I finally got the thing out of there. Bless their hearts but TS never considered that anyone would ever want to make any modifications to their original design, either with different components or adding a few extra runs of cable here and there for future expansion. However the more I work around this coach the more I am impressed with their attention to detail and their craftsmanship. What ever they did do they really did it with gusto. Good luck to all with their projects and upgrades.
delcirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #13

Tv removal

I just replaced my bedroom tv in our 06 ts select. Remove top drawer below tv. Should be 2 to 4 screws on roof of drawer opening securing tv to shelf. Remove screws, tv slides out.
DARRELL1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #14

I found that if you push it back a bit and turn the tv at an angle (almost sideways) rather than trying to bring it straight out it works a lot easier.
pigeonrooste is offline   Reply With Quote