Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #1

Water Bay Valve Position

Can someone please help me determine where my valves should be positioned for normal usage. I was attempting to winterize my Travel Supreme 38 DS04 and didn’t think to take a picture of the valve positions before I started to mess with them. Even better, can someone tell me what each valve does and what position they should be in when performing a task. I’m so glad I’ve found this site because I’ve gained so much knowledge from the good folks on this site that I know someone out there has the answers. Thanks to all in advance for your help. See attached photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F743F433-F225-424D-B683-434E19AE57D4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	226631  
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 PM   #2

Spartan Chassis
#1, #2, and #3 should all be pointing up for normal usage. Mine are sensitive to be positioned exactly or they will slowly drip out the drains.

Horizontal for all of them allows water to drain. I'll check the function of each line tomorrow when I get to my coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	181119.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	226642  
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #3

Water Bay Valve Position

Thanks Robert. I was hoping to hear from you as you have the same exact MH as I do and have a wealth of knowledge about these coaches. This is my first MH purchase I my DW & I absolutely love her. After reading all the posts on this site I feel even more grateful that we’ve made the right decision to purchase a Travel Supreme. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing from you again. Jeff
Bodean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #4

Nor'easters Club
As Robert pointed out, the position is critical to ensure they are fully closed. # 1 and #2 are the hot and cold water low point drains. A good way to recognize the difference is the hot water tubing has red markings and the cold water tubing has black markings from the manufacturer (at least it is on my rig). Note on #3 there are two valves, the lower one is the fresh water tank drain and the upper valve is to align the flow from the fresh water tank to the flexible tube for winterizing the system with the pink stuff. Good luck.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Jeff, I was hoping Lou would chime in here.
My knowledge of these things is a drop in the bucket compared to his!
2023 F-150 Towed
Old 11-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #6

Everyone nailed it. If you are winterizing....make sure your ice cuber line doesn't carry water in a low point. My cuber line runs all the way across behind the bay. you can see and access the area from the bay door. I ended up adding a bypass by the water heater as the back pressure valve doesn't hold when winterizing. works great.
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #7

Our water pump is continuously running and we are unable to get water to come into toilet or faucets. Tank is full, what to do?
pollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollie View Post
Our water pump is continuously running and we are unable to get water to come into toilet or faucets. Tank is full, what to do?

Tank 'FILL' valve is OPEN so pump is round-robin (sucking from tank then discharging back to tank)

Close/swap position on 'Fill'
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #9

hi my system is different but water flows in the direction the handle is pointing
Herb
Herb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #10

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb51 View Post
hi my system is different but water flows in the direction the handle is pointing
Herb
The handle is removable from the valve stem and can be repositioned as you wish. Travel Supreme installed them to be off when pointing up/down. Your way makes more sense, to me at least.

The TANK FILL/CITY WATER handle does point in the direction of flow!
2023 F-150 Towed

Tags
valve, water