RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:12 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak1954 View Post
I have a 2005 travel supreme and the low beam lights will not come on.
You need to start a new thread with this issue.

The Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2019, 03:53 AM   #142

This is my first post on this forum besides the new member post. We just got our 2006 40dsl04 Envoy. I haven't had it weighed yet. Tpms reads 85 psi on each tire. Does this sound right? Any recommendations until I can get it weighed. Thanks

searenitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Mike's right. Most all of us RVers do not WEAR a tire out...they TIME out. If you could do nothing but drive, drive, drive that MH you could get something like 75-80,000 miles on a typical tire. I just replaced my tires on a 2007 model, which had 42k on them. The dealer will understand the need for tires, but, typically will play dumb, hoping to get you into that coach as cheaply as possible. Just let him know it's a deal-breaker

Not trying to be argumentative, but I doubt any RVer ever wore out a set of tires on a Class A. Mileage is rarely a consideration but age and how the tires were used and stored is primary. Most often you can see little tiny cracks - checks - in the sidewall of a tire with the first signs of dry rot. If these tires are on the front of your class A, replace them yesterday. In the rear - more of a controlled gamble. No blowout is without consequence, but losing a front tire at any rate of speed is most often the start of a very serious accident. You can get down with a flashlight and examine the sidewalls - if they are smooth, you probably don't have dry rot to consder at that time. If they are over 5 years old in the front - change them. Over 10 years old on the back ditto. Keeping track of your tires' conditions is a serious responsibility for the RV owner.

PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, travel