RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome to Travel Supreme Owners Forum

We are glad to have you join us and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy this forum and we invite you to introduce yourself. Take care, be safe and keep us posted.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #2

My wife and I are considering buying a TS 40 with 20k on it and it is a 2006. I seen another member ask the question in regards to replacing the tires. Do I have to replace tires that only have 20 k on them?

Living & Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello Keith and and to the Travel Supreme Owner Forum. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
The problem with our industry is that most units do not get driven enough to keep the tires from dry rotting and never wear the tread out. Any tire that is 6 to7 years old is susceptible to to a blowout due to rubber fatigue. Why not make the sale contingent to the unit having new tires or the price reduce for the cost of new tires to be installed?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #4

Mike's right. Most all of us RVers do not WEAR a tire out...they TIME out. If you could do nothing but drive, drive, drive that MH you could get something like 75-80,000 miles on a typical tire. I just replaced my tires on a 2007 model, which had 42k on them. The dealer will understand the need for tires, but, typically will play dumb, hoping to get you into that coach as cheaply as possible. Just let him know it's a deal-breaker
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #5

2001 TS 38DS03 pilot /copilot reading lamps

Does anyone know where the power comes from for the 2 reading lamps over the pilot and copilot?
peterfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
MDJ

TS Slide Motor Issues

I am new to this forum but not to RVing. I have an 09 Select Ltd that continues to give me fits regarding the big living room slide. When the slide is extended the motor struggles (stalls) to get the slide started up the little ramp over the carpet before it levels out onto the granite floor. Cannot tell you how many times my wife is operating the switch and I'm outside pushing on the reward section of the slide to get it going. (Embarrassing) Does anyone have experience with locating a bigger/stronger gear motor or any experience with adding a second gear motor to the end of the cranking shaft? I have lubed all the gears & rails. Had larger cabling installed to the gear motor, etc. This has been a problem since I bought it new. I talked to the technical person at Klauber Machine & Gear (who really wasn't interested in helping me) to see if they had a bigger motor or if a slower RPM motor might have just a little more uumph! All I need is just a little more power and problem would be solved.
MDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #7

They changed my Alante motor from an 8 rpm to a 6 rpm with, I assume, more torque and it made a big difference. I would contact Precision Paint in Bremen in, they have a group of guys dedicated to the T.S. and will likely be able to help you.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #8

Gene, guess I forgot you did that to your motor. Mine also seems to grunt a lot when coming up the ramp (so do I... ). But I guess the first step should be to crank up the amperage setting on that controller under the driver's seat...see if it would make any difference. Or....maybe just trade 'er in for a new Cornerstone?
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
MDJ

Regarding Peter on Light switch for reading lamps

On my Select LTD it is on the console just below the drivers window. It is the front - right rocker switch. It has 3 positions. If you toggle forward the light should come on constantly, in the neutral position it is off constantly and in the rear down position both lights come on momentarily when you open the door. Each light also has an on/off switch on the fixture so make sure they are turned on or nothing will work. Or check fuses.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
MDJ

Gene
Thanks so much. I'll follow up with precision.

Slabman
I wondered if the amps could be increased. Can you give me any insight on how you would do that? Is there a limiter adjuster or something on that controller? I really appreciate your help. Haven't got much hair left to pull out!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:07 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Joining up because we are looking at buying a TS 2006 42DL or 2007 45DL Mixed emotions on size. We will be living in it full time & the 2 extra ft would be nice BUT how about the overall increase in cost, getting into parks & any other concerns I haven't thought of. Merry Christmas everyone!
PoodleGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and and to the Travel Supreme Owners Forum. We are glad to have you join us and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
I think most of the time you will not be hindered by the extra 2 feet of length; If 43' will fit 45' probably will too!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
MDJ

Reputable Consignment Dealer Needed

I have a beautiful 2008 Select Limited that is in fabulous shape that I would like to sell. I am located in the SLC, Utah area, however I will take the coach just about anywhere in the U.S. for a consignment sale if I have confidence the dealer can move it and is reputable. I tried to sell it privately about a year ago and got so tired of the Wing-Nut brokers trying to talk me into carrying the paper for sub-standard credit buyers that I've just about given up. Any solid recommendations anyone can offer would certainly be appreciated.

Best Regards
MDJ
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #14

For those of us completely new to the Travel Supreme line, could someone please provide a list of model hierarchy? I'm really confused between Supreme, Supreme Ltd, Supreme Ltd Select. It gets really confusing for the unwashed! LOL

Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, travel