Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 11:17 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Where Can I Find Compartment Doors

So.... While trying to navigate through a Walmart parking lot, my <ahem> "friend" sideswiped a bolder and ruined at least 2 compartment doors on the drivers side of my.... I mean HIS 2004 TS 40DS04.

Does anyone know where a person can get replacement compartment doors for a 2004 TS motor home?

Thanks in advance

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelRVGuy View Post
So.... While trying to navigate through a Walmart parking lot, my <ahem> "friend" sideswiped a bolder and ruined at least 2 compartment doors on the drivers side of my.... I mean HIS 2004 TS 40DS04.

Does anyone know where a person can get replacement compartment doors for a 2004 TS motor home?

Thanks in advance

Bryan
Have you tried Camping World online they may have the parts needed. Good luck!
Snoopyluv4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:50 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
The same "friend" did that to my rig too, but it was two door panels and the fiberglass rear wheel panel. I removed them all and had a local body shop repair and paint to match. They came out perfectly, but they did need to spend a lot of time reworking the metal to minimize the amount of filler. The biggest issue was most body shops do not want to mess with aluminum panels, but if you find one that will it's an option. Good luck.
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #4

try Visone or Colaw ... remain seated when asking prices ...

https://rvexteriorbodypanels.visoner...emervparts.pl?

https://colawrvsalvage.com/
Old 07-21-2018, 07:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelRVGuy View Post

Thanks in advance

Bryan
This would be my first try

Paul's RV Service & Interiors
66540 State Rd 19, Wakarusa, IN 46573
Phone: 574-862-6778
Email: paul@rvservicebypaul.com

Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd try some salvage yards to get a replacement door if it is damaged beyond repair. There's "Colaw's RV Salvage" near Springfield, MO.

In either case they will need to be repaired and/or painted. If you found exact replacements at a salvage yard then just painting.

Stay away from CW. We had a simple scratch and CW gave me a rough estimate at $1,800. I had it fixed for $700. All our damage was superficial so no scratch went beyond the depth of the paint or gel coat.

I've done paint and body work years ago and don't want to do it again. It's is getting very expensive because of the paint costs and equipment. Most all the paint is water based and costly.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just another option to consider...if the doors are aluminum most any decent sheet metal shop should be able to make new ones. Most RV aluminum compartment doors are flat aluminum with a radius at the bottom and the internal frame is aluminum. Easy for a good sheet metal person to make using the existing door/s as a pattern. Once made, take the doors to an auto body shop and get them painted to match your coach.

Yet another option is to check with Entegra RV in Middlebury, IN. Their first generation (classic) motorhomes had some of the same exterior features as TS so they may have or can make replacement doors for your coach.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:53 AM   #8

I damaged a door. I took the coach to a trusted local body shop. They subcontracted the new skin shaping to a local metalworking shop they trust. It came out very well.

The body shop said it was a bear to remove the old skin from the frame, as the tape used was very strong.

Cost was about half of a new, unpainted door (with shipping) from REV Group, and less than a used one (with shipping) from a salvage yard. That one would have required painting.

The body shop painted on the "decal." It is very difficult to tell it is not a decal.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Some excellent suggestions in previous posts.

Two more possibilities for you in case you can't find a local shop to build you a door are Paul Conley (574-209-2980) in Indiana and Kornel (713-417-6630) in Texas. They will both be expensive when shipping is considered. Paul Conley reskinned/repainted a door for me and did an excellent job! I might add even when adding shipping costs both directions for my door Paul was less expensive than Visone wanted for a used door!

Good luck on your quest and when you have that serious talk with 'your friend' you might make a recording and send it to Lou, Ron, & I so we can play it for our 'friend' too!
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors