Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
BFF

Windshield popping out

I have read all the information about the cross bracing and I would like to have it done to my 2005 DSO4 40'. I live in southern California and have welder working for me that can fabricate and weld anything. Does any one have a schematic of the x bracing that I can have him install in my coach. I have seen only 1 coach that has had it done and I did not have time to examine the details. I would be happy to pay for a set of plans and details as to the fabrication and installation of the X bracing.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
DWB

Spartan Chassis
I have the same coach as you and did have the windshield pop out at the drivers side top corner.
Prior to this event happening I had contacted Paul Conley's shop in Indiana and was told the Mountain Master chassis used on the TS 40 DSO 4 was not necessary, with this advice I have not installed the X bracing.
The windshield pop out happened because the center post on the windshield had come loose at the top weakening the structure. I had the repair done at RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, OR. This fixed the problem and it has been solid ever since. $900
Dave B

Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #3

I have had mine pop out before and I just put it back in. It has happened twice.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #4
BFF

Windshield popping out

I had the windshields taken out and the center brace reinforced, but the windshields still came loose after less than 400 miles. I think the heat and the lack of waiting for the new caulking to cure may have caused them to pop out again. I have been on the road for three weeks and the problem started the first week out in Las Vegas at 123 degrees. After the windshields started to pop out again I have just filled the gaps with silicone caulking and the problem seems to be settling down for now. When I get home I will have my glass man take the windshields out and try to reinforce the center brace again and let the repairs set long enough to fully cure. I would like to not have to install the X bracing. Thanks for your comment
Old 07-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #5

We have a TS 2006 DSO4 40'. Only have had it since Feb '17. Been out a few times locally & saw the windshield sliding back & forth into the channel of the center post whenever I made a turn into a drive that had any angle at all. I thought the 40' TS had no issues from my reading. If X bracing does the trick-I'm in. We're based out of NorCal, but just retired & headed for wherever soon as the house sells....Where do I head for the 'fix'? Thanks to all in advance-The kind people on this forum are AMAZING!
ceeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
DWB

Spartan Chassis
Smile

Travel Supreme windshields of that vintage are very tricky to fix right and I wouldn't trust the job to just any glass shop. Go to RV Glass Solutions in Coburg, OR they will fix it right. They took their time on mine and insisted it sit long enough for the adhesive to cure.

RV Glass Solutions has a massive wharehouse on site that ships glass all over North America, very impressive.

No, I do not own or work for the company......

Dave B: