Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Travel Supreme Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #1

x-bracing - southwest

I'm looking to buy a 2004 TS 40DS03 in the Phoenix area. The rig has a crack in the windshield and a quick search I found out about the known flexing problem. I contacted Precision Paint and was given a quote. The owner is willing to pay for the fix but asked if I'd find a place in the southwest to have it done.

From reading here and talking to the people at Precision Paint, I trust the work that Precision Paint would do. Does anyone know of a place closer to Phoenix that has done this repair and is satisfied with the work and results?

I'm not looking for blue prints or any DIY fixes.

Thanks!
kjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #2

If I remember look up older posts about x bracing on this site
There is someone who posted about doing the work in the southwest
Maybe Texas I dont remember but i believe the company name and phone
number is listed somewhere in those posts
kurtiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just my two cents - I bought an '06 45DL14 w/ 22,000 miles. I live in central Calif & decided to go where they were made to have my "X" bracing done. Bishop Christensen did excellent work on my rig. Precision would be my first choice if I were doing it today. While in Elkhart, I would touch basis with Onan & then get a 42 point inspection at Spartan factory. If you have the time take the owners 3 day class that includes drivers training.
GreatDane37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #4

Thanks Don! I think going to Indiana would be the best choice. Taking a class is an excellent idea. Which company offers the "owner's class"?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
To... KJackson... you may want to go to www.SPECTRAC.com in Mesa Az., they did some chassis work for me and I was very pleased with them.
Hi folks! I'm new to this forum so hello from Tom & Kathy in Mesa Arizona. I'm thinking very seriously about buying a 2007 TS envoy 40' w/400 cummins and Spartan chassis. We have never had a DP before and we're looking forward to the luxury of a quiet smooth riding motorhome. We've been part time motorhoming for 2 years with a 05 Nat'l Dolphin and love the motorhome and the lifestyle. Is the "envoy" at the bottom of the TS model line? Any hints or tips on this model would be very much appreciated. Again Hello All, and Thank You!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 AM   #6

Thanks. I will look them up.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Hi Tom and Kathy,

Welcome to the Travel Supreme Owners Forum. In 07 the Envoy was the entry level model for TS, but I think you will find the materials used and construction (wood cabinets, flush slides, full body paint) is still better than most other manufacturer's mid to upper end models. Based on my observations the quality was pretty consistent throughout the TS line, but you will find the upper end models (Insignia, Alante & Select/Select Limited) have several upgrades over the Envoy like:

- More tile or even granite flooring with less carpet
- Granite vs solid surface (Corian) countertops
- In-floor radiant heat (Hydro/Aqua-hot) vs. conventional propane furnace
- Larger engines (450-600 HP)
- Additional power features (keyless entry, power cargo bay doors, auto start diesel generator)
- Additional electronics (exterior TV, GPS, tire monitoring system, multi-plex lighting, surround sound)

I'm sure there are many more differences, but these are some of the obvious ones. Regardless of the model, if you are like most of us you will be very pleased with a TS. Good luck with your search.

Lou
05 TS Envoy 38DS04
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank You Lou! We are very excited about buying this TS Envoy. My wife is finally coming around on the idea of full timing. We will consider renting our house out for one year and then we will hit the road for a one year test run. :-) I'm sure we will love it and we will post some of our adventures on this forum. We will probably be asking for suggestions of where it is best to travel during the winter months. Obviously the southern states but which one's and where is what we will have to learn about when the time comes. Well thank you for you helpful information and I'll be back real soon!
Tom & Kathy DeLosa
2005 Nat'l Dolphin 5342 Limited Edition (for now)
I'll be selling this if anyone is interested 25K miles, Workhorse.
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjackson View Post
I'm looking to buy a 2004 TS 40DS03 in the Phoenix area. The rig has a crack in the windshield and a quick search I found out about the known flexing problem. I contacted Precision Paint and was given a quote. The owner is willing to pay for the fix but asked if I'd find a place in the southwest to have it done.

From reading here and talking to the people at Precision Paint, I trust the work that Precision Paint would do. Does anyone know of a place closer to Phoenix that has done this repair and is satisfied with the work and results?

I'm not looking for blue prints or any DIY fixes.

Thanks!
Knacks on: I have a TS 45' Select in the Mesa area and have been hoping someone would turn up who could do the x-bracing locally but no luck. I would be reluctant to have someone do it based on blueprints/plans etc. I plan on biting the bullet and taking mine to Precision Paint in the Spring. It is not a standard repair and I thnk experience is important to get the best result. Having said that, if you get yours done locally and it works out, let me know!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #10

I will but right now we are planning a trip to Indiana next summer. Maybe we will see you on the road.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Guys, if you don't find someone to do the angled bracing up front in addition to the X-bracings in the basement and underneath plus an "X" over the generator, you WILL NOT have the complete package. (See my 12/8/12 post on this forum). The only one I know who does this is Precision Paint. Bite the bullet and take your coach to Indiana....you'll be glad you did!
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Guys, if you don't find someone to do the angled bracing up front in addition to the X-bracings in the basement and underneath plus an "X" over the generator, you WILL NOT have the complete package. (See my 12/8/12 post on this forum). The only one I know who does this is Precision Paint. Bite the bullet and take your coach to Indiana....you'll be glad you did!
Thanks. I came to the conclusion that a trip to Indiana is in the plan.