Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2015, 09:52 PM   #15

For all the problems, big and small, that I have read about and personally experienced the common thread seems to be little or no validation testing by the OEM (Entegra for the purpose of our discussions.) Talking to their factory folks and engineers they are very quick to blame the failures on the suppliers of the devices but I see little or no evidence that Entegra did any validation testing of the integration of the device in their vehicle. Some of the things I've fixed I feel like I'm the first engineer to look at the part or actually analyze it in operation much less drive it around the block.

Entegra executives should be forced to full time in one of their RV's for at least a week or two a year BEFORE they put them into production.

Case in point: Windshield wiper failure. Rubber hose that delivers fluid to the wet arm squirter was cut and leaking. Looking at the installation and routing of the hose it was intuitively obvious that the hose would abraid itself on the arm as it oscillated.

Curiously the recommendation was to replace the entire arm because of a simple cut in the hose because the "arm is not serviceable". The supplier of the wiper arm would not tell me how to disassemble the arm to replace the rubber hose and CS backed them. 10 minutes on the bench and the arm is completely apart, hose replaced and the spring adjusted for more tension to keep the blade fully seated against the windshield and the squirter nozzled "resized" (drilled larger) to deliver enough fluid to do some good. Tested with the washer bottle/pump in my car and ready to go back on the coach where it works flawlessly now. Anyone driving that coach should have picked up on both problems before I was forced to deal with them with little or no help.

Note: wiper arm supplier changed in 14 I believe so the orginal supplier is not helpful at all anymore. Hopefully the new ones work better and there was a significant cost savings. More-so hopefully someone tried driving in the rain with them before they started installing them on new coaches.

Just my hopelessly cynical opinion...LOL. I do like my coach but it is very frustrating to constantly re-engineer things that do just not work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #16

BTW....I am also getting tired of the "house in a 7.0 earthquake" excuse. Entegra is building motorhomes that are supposedly meant to be driven so the 7.0 earthquake is just a fact of life. Deal with it and design the parts so they live and don't squeak and rattle.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post

Not just motel, luxury 5 star hotel!

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Maybe 4 star but for luxury 5 star Entegra wouldmhave to find a place to install the full time maid option(that would get me to trade on a 2017 lol
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:23 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I hear this is a 2017 Cornerstone option....

Sorry for the hijack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	106257  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #19

jeez..........I guess I'm a lucky one. We just got back from a nice long trip that was trouble free.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
jeez..........I guess I'm a lucky one. We just got back from a nice long trip that was trouble free.

😎

2016 Cornerstone 45B on order
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems
2014 Lincoln MKT towed