Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

13' to 16' Anthem changes

I have a 13' aspire and interested in upgrading to a used 14' thru 16' Anthem. Besides interior cosmetic changes, what changes, good or bad, have been made in these years? Any "lemon" years or significant changes that are must haves? Also , besides the 600 hp engine, is the cornerstone that much better for the price? Thanks as always. This forum is great! Rick
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

Can't speak about the Cornerstone from an owners perspective, but I really like my 14 Anthem and although I can afford a Cornerstone, I couldn't justify the price increase over what I purchased. Nor can I justify a trade in for a Cornerstone. The 600 HP engine doesn't do it for me, nor the electronics upgrade, but the suspension ride I've heard about is interesting, but again can't justify the dollars. We've got a great ride, a great company (CS par none), and what the heck; going the speed limit, I'll get there the same as you and quite comfortably too!😎🇺🇸🚁 and as others say JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #3

There are a ton of changes in those years including the vast changes on the 2016. I could not list all of the changes but a few include the AC units and thermostats have gone through several changes, the Girard awning additions, the bigger tires and wheels on the steer axle, macerator changes, placement of the Holding tanks, the EC-30 control module upgrades, the side marker lights blinking with the turn signals and all three rear light blinking, the bed and mattress changes, lights all changed to all LEDs, the shades changes from good motors to bad motors to better motors and finally from MCD to United Shade and Finally back to MCD. There are quite a few other changes in those years like the microwave changes and the upgraded 4K TVs and the new OTA antennae that is electronic and does not crank up. Bottom line I am reminded of something Tadd Jenkins told me. He said:" we are going to make them better and add new features that you want every year and charge more for them." The first couple of years of your range they were making a lot of rolling changes as they were learning how to build a high end motor home and what people expected to see in it. The newer you can justify, the better you will like it.

Also, yes I think the Cornerstone has huge differences beside the engine, many will disagree and say it is not worth the difference. I like the heavier 4000Allison tranny, the bigger tires all the way around, the disk brakes on all axles, the powered bay trays, the vastly more powerful jake braking power, the marble countertops, the real leather and the vastly better accent lighting as well as the bigger shocks and superior K3 chassis. There are actually a lot more differences but those are the main ones for us along with the extra coats of clear coat on the paint. Of course, all JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 12-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #4

Of course you can't forget the obvious front and rear cap change in the 16 model... some people like it as others don't.
I also have a 14 anthem and just love it.. I am also one that like the classic older front and rear caps.. I could not go to a cornerstone Personally as they are pretty much the same as a anthem with a bigger motor.. not enough for me to justify
Newer the year you will find small little toys they add but across the board they all function the same with same features..
Jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I went from a '13 Aspire to a '15 Cornerstone. For me...GREAT MOVE!!! As Ann 'n' Gene (and Cruzer) said, there is waaay more to the Cornerstone than the motor. For me, the Aspire to Anthem didn't justify the price difference, but the Aspire to Cornerstone certainly did. JM (not so) HO.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Gene, are you saying I have "almost" upgraded my 14 to a 16?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #7

Likely that you have advanced beyond that Chuck, thing you have some prototype testing mods on your coach! 😄😄

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 12-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #8

Interesting point about minimal differences in aspire to anthem compared to cornerstone. Thanks for everyone's input. I know there's a big difference in ride in my aspire compared to many brands, but some creeks/ noises at time. Is there considerable less in cornerstone than the aspire/anthem?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:29 AM   #9

I traded my 15 Anthem for a 17 Cornerstone. I hated my Anthem because they couldn't fix some very annoying issues (even at factory), but love the Cornerstone. The Cornerstone ride and handling is much better than the Anthem. Also, heated and cooled seats, real leather, power trays and a rear camera that works.
hbatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Interesting point about minimal differences in aspire to anthem compared to cornerstone. Thanks for everyone's input. I know there's a big difference in ride in my aspire compared to many brands, but some creeks/ noises at time. Is there considerable less in cornerstone than the aspire/anthem?

I think you mean minimal differences between anthem and cornerstone.. as there's a ton of difference between a aspire and anthem... bigger fuel tank .. ifs front suspension, Aqua hot diesel not propane Girard awnings at just to name a few. Of course this is in the 13 to 16 year range...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote