Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
'15 Anthem - Kitchen Faucet Sprayer?

New '15 Anthem and have a question about the kitchen sink sprayer. When we press the large button, it sprays but doesn't "latch" in that mode, on release it goes back to a stream. Small button doesn't do anything. I'm guessing the large button is supposed to latch in the spray (shower head) mode and the small button is supposed to "unlatch". Can other owners confirm?

(Yes, it's true, we don't have many real problems so far...)

Thanks!
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
On mine the large button locks the spray and the small one releases it, just as you have thought.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:59 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
It may not hold if your water pressure is low. Ours is like that, even in our S+B.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #4

Also you may want to check the filter screen inside. Just unscrew the faucet head to check. Mine had a build up of grit which cause low pressure.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the replies folks.

Pressure regulator at the hose bib set for 50-psi (where Entegra CS recommended when I inquired). Pump regulator must be set higher than that 'cause it runs to supplement when opening a tap with the pump on and city water still valved in, but doesn't help the sprayer latch.

Was a little debris in the screen (and removed the flow restrictor while in there, improving flow to acceptable level), but still no sprayer latch. No biggie, just put it on the list for warranty help.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Was a little debris in the screen (and removed the flow restrictor while in there, improving flow to acceptable level), but still no sprayer latch. No biggie, just put it on the list for warranty help.
Thank you for letting me know about the flow restrictor in the kitchen faucet. My pressure at the kitchen sink really needs some help and you just gave it to me.......thanks.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:25 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, I unscrewed the kitchen spray head yesterday trying to locate the flow restrictor. Is it the green plastic piece just inside of the threads? Mine would not budge. I tried prying it out, screwing it out and it would not move.

My screen was up inside of the hose and it was covered in construction saw dust and wood splinters. Cleaning that improved the flow by 50%.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ron, I unscrewed the kitchen spray head yesterday trying to locate the flow restrictor. Is it the green plastic piece just inside of the threads?
Don't remember it being green but it was just into the sprayer tube from the thread end, I think it was about the size and shape of one of those desiccant capsules that comes in a pill bottle. I'll look when back at the coach tomorrow - think I saved it.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Ron, Was the restrictor hard to get out? I can't believe mine will not pop out. It is also a back flow preventer as there is a one way valve in the center of it. Why that would be on a kitchen faucet is beyond me.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I recently removed mine as well. We encountered some very hard water while SW over the winter and several of the faucets were full of gunk. I soaked them in vinegar for a couple of days which may have helped loosen the restrictor up. After soaking, I used a screwdriver to spin it and then a small needle nose pliers to pry/pull it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	95124  
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the photo Jerry, that one looks different than mine. I wonder if the Aspire and Anthem have different faucets? However you did give me and idea of pushing it out from the other side. My sprayer end had another screen that is easily remove, I might be able to push the restrictor out from that side.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:37 AM   #12
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck - I looked for my flow restrictor yesterday and couldn't find it, but I think it looked like the photo Jerry posted. I left the back flow preventer in there as it didn't seem to want to come out readily and my only thought was to dig it out with a screwdriver (and usually when I do something like that I create a lot bigger problem than the one I'm trying to solve...).
Old 05-26-2015, 04:47 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Chuck - I looked for my flow restrictor yesterday and couldn't find it, but I think it looked like the photo Jerry posted. I left the back flow preventer in there as it didn't seem to want to come out readily and my only thought was to dig it out with a screwdriver (and usually when I do something like that I create a lot bigger problem than the one I'm trying to solve...).
You just answered my question. I thought the back flow preventer and the flow restrictor were one in the same like on most faucets. My backflow preventer will also not budge, so the flow restrictor has to be at the spray end of the head. Thanks for letting me know I was trying to remove the wrong items.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Took my spray head off again today and still do not see a flow restrictor. I wonder if it may have been a "dealer removed item". I will ask the techs of Entegra at the Ribbon Cutting in a couple of weeks.