Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #1

18 Bay/Cargo Door Handle change to Chrome 19 Handle?

We have a 2018 Anthem 44B we purchased new in Aug 2017.

We are having to replace a Bay/Cargo Door Handle/Lock due to malfunction and we can no longer open the door. CS is painting us a replacement lock but we realized at this point if we changed to the chrome 2019 handles it would be easier to replace them when we have a malfunction.

Our questions are....

Will the 2019 Chrome handles fit our Cargo Doors and is the cost prohibitive since we have 13 total?

Lastly... on another subject ....we were considering purchasing an entry door lock to have on hand In case of a malfunction since we stay in our MH a tremendous amount of time.

Thanks to everyone!

Steve and Daphne
18Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 09:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You might contact Summit Products (Summit Product Home). They manufacture lots of polished stainless steel 'bling' for RV's.

I haven't replaced any door latches from them, but, I did add their stainless steel step covers and have been very pleased with them.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #3

This seems to be a refrain of mine, but I would think that Entegra Customer Service would be able to give you the exact part number and then a call to the manufacturers of the door lock and Summit would tell you if they are an exact match. I doubt that there are many owners who have decided to change all of their door locks..... I think that you will find the price of each to be a surprise.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #4

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
This seems to be a refrain of mine, but I would think that Entegra Customer Service would be able to give you the exact part number and then a call to the manufacturers of the door lock and Summit would tell you if they are an exact match. I doubt that there are many owners who have decided to change all of their door locks..... I think that you will find the price of each to be a surprise.

Gary
I agree. However, I’ve found the Entegra parts dept to be less than helpful. They’ve grudgingly given me part numbers after thoroughly explaining how I could get the part numbers from a dealer who has the same parts book, etc. Not wanting to sell parts I can understand, but not even wanting to help with the part number is unacceptable. They obviously don’t understand the dealer world.

As others have already said, call Summit Products.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your experience. My experience has always been the opposite with all of the parts ladies. Always very helpful and professional.
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
Sorry to hear of your experience. My experience has always been the opposite with all of the parts ladies. Always very helpful and professional.
Steve
Must be due to your magnetic personality, Steve.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Steve
Unfortunately, your positive experiences don’t balance out my negative experiences and so don’t mean much to me. Are you still under warranty? That makes a difference. I’ve only tried to get part numbers twice and both times got the same unhelpful person who said I should call a dealer, although they ultimately gave me the part numbers.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 02-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
The fact that you are having to replace a handle is very unusual. I’ve never heard of one going bad. A lock mechanism, sure, but the handle itself I would consider very unusual. My chrome front door handle has been on 5 of my coaches! I’m pretty good at putting it in and taking it out! So the idea of having extras for when the next one goes bad doesn’t seem worth it. They will be expensive but if you like the look go for it. As everyone has said call RV Stainless(Summit), tell them what you have and they will know what one is needed.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
In the last 6 years I’ve been in and out of warranty and never saw a difference. Maybe you should discuss your problem with management. Hopefully my experience didn’t get you upset. Just telling it like I’ve seen it.
Hope you have a great day.
Steve
Old 02-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Agree with Gary, it's extremely rare, but had a friend with one that failed and as bad luck would have it, it was the wet bay door. Don't remember if it was the handle itself or another part of the latch mechanism, but it was a painful repair.

If it's the same assembly as on my '17, the handles are made by Trimark, might be worth a call to them to get pricing on the chrome version to compare with Summit.

Note FYI however the rest of the latch parts are NOT Trimark, they are made by MorRyde. This include the bracket on the back of the handle that holds it in place, the actuator motors and the latching mechanisms themselves.

I know this because I electrified the latches on my Aspire and needed to order assorted parts from both Trimark and MorRyde to complete the project.

The latches are pretty easy to replace, especially once you figure out the technique to assemble the squiggly wire part that connects the electric actuator motor to the latch.

As for Entegra parts, I'm with Steve, never had a anything but a professional, courteous and quick response from those folks, in fact they have gone out of their way for me on a few occasions. Even out of warranty.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:15 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
fyi In the last 6 years I’ve been in and out of warranty and never saw a difference. Maybe you should discuss your problem with management. Hopefully my experience didn’t get you upset. Just telling it like I’ve seen it.
Steve
Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #12

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
In the last 6 years I’ve been in and out of warranty and never saw a difference. Maybe you should discuss your problem with management. Hopefully my experience didn’t get you upset. Just telling it like I’ve seen it.
Steve
Steve,

I’m sorry if I came across as upset with your post. I understand that, seemingly, for every issue discussed on the forum there’s a countervailing issue or experience. I took your advice and asked Joyce for a clarification on obtaining parts numbers, not parts, from Entegra’s parts Dept. I’ll let you know what she says.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 02-20-2019, 02:52 PM   #13

Spartan Chassis
I got a very quick reply from Joyce and she confirmed that my experiences with parts were counter to Entegra’s parts dept policy. I wasn’t supposed to be told to call a dealer to get a part number. Now, I wish I’d gotten the name of the person I talked to; it was the same person both times, about 6 months apart.

I apologize to the Entegra Parts dept as a whole and will look forward to the next time I need a part number (which is never, hopefully).
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 02-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
I got a very quick reply from Joyce and she confirmed that my experiences with parts were counter to Entegra’s parts dept policy. I wasn’t supposed to be told to call a dealer to get a part number. Now, I wish I’d gotten the name of the person I talked to; it was the same person both times, about 6 months apart.

I apologize to the Entegra Parts dept as a whole and will look forward to the next time I need a part number (which is never, hopefully).

I have a 2014 aspire that I replaced all of my handles to chrome and it was very inexpensive. On the 2014 aspire the bay right in front of the rear axle on the passenger side does not open, but I made it a working door and it was cheaper to buy all new chrome handles than to get one handle painted to match my color scheme.
gasman405 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door