Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2017, 10:37 AM   #15

We just completed our AIR earlier this month. I had a list of 22 items that mostly were minor tweaks or replacements. However 3 major issues were leaking radiator, which Spartan techs replace, AC units freezing up, which AC tech addressed for each unit by relocating the freeze sensor and the very front AC ducts had detached from the ceiling, which they fixed by installing blocks attached to the rafters and the ceiling and redoing the ducts. I now have fantastic AC. Very important in Texas! My entry shade had a chronic rattle that the techs at two rallies could not make go away even by replacing the entire shade assembly. The factory guys got it done!

The AIR revealed a delaminated passenger window and calling around the slide trim that needed to be replaced. My advisor (Ashley Balmer) talked to me about the risks of scraping the chalk out and potential paint damage before starting. She said that the paint shop would repair the paint if I felt it was necessary. So that day was a bit stressful, because the paint shop had a one week lead time. Fortunately, they were very careful and there was no paint damage.

I too was apprehensive about going 1,300 miles for the AIR, but having all my other issues taken care of was well worth the miles, fuel and three nights in a hotel to not have to wake up at 6:00 am every morning. We toured the plant twice, went to Newmar for a tour also. Sure glad I bought Entegra!!!

Bottom line, I would do it again in a heart beat. Visiting and meeting the other owners was entertaining and insightful.

PS: Ashley was great to work with.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2017, 03:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Unfortunately, things don't quite work like that. I sent the factory and NIRVC a lengthy list of repairs, with pictures, to be done at NIRVC. The factory responded with a "thanks for the info", and as soon as I got the rig to the dealer, they would process the warranty claims and any parts request.
That's been my experience and all I asked for was a front passenger parking light. I decided to wait until I came up with a longer list so as to make the trip worthwhile.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #17

I just picked up our coach from the 2 year PDI and had no issues. More work was done than I expected including a new rear mud flap and a new exhaust extension. I worked with Michael McKee and he kept me well informed during the process. I simply left it with them as it needed some paint work and I did not want to wait around for it. The complete control board for the aqua hot was also replaced.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:43 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
What is an AIR?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 PM   #19

Annual Inspection Report, new name at Entegra for the old, misnamed PDI. They will do it once on a new coach(anytime first 2 years) and for $149 after that.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:10 AM   #20

Similar to others here we always are present at Middlebury for work on coach. Meet with service advisor daily sometimes twice a day. Personally check at end of day any items that are listed as completed that day. Meet tech in morning each day just to say hello and if thought advisable clarify any items on the list that we think might need clarification. Has always worked out OK for us.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #21

We just left Entegra 2 weeks ago and had our ARI. The new advisor, Brandon was great. I give them 10 stars. The ARI took about 3 hours and everything checked out good and nothing damaged or malfunctioning found. A very good experience.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #22

Now don’t forget about your AIR for your Spartan Chassis at the factory in Charlotte, MI, before your 3 year warranty expires. We have ours set for September 2018
Old 10-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
We just left Entegra 2 weeks ago and had our ARI. The new advisor, Brandon was great. I give them 10 stars. The ARI took about 3 hours and everything checked out good and nothing damaged or malfunctioning found. A very good experience.
Are you saying they gave your coach a thorough going over in 3 hours??
Old 10-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #24

They put multiple techs armed, some with computers to speed up the AIR process.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #25

Wow, three hours isn’t really much compared to what I was led to expect.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #26

Agree but still 7-8 man hours with multiple techs working on it during that three hours which is really good for $149 IF you are having to pay for it. JMHO
Old 10-28-2017, 06:02 AM   #27

Mid Atlantic Campers
Question

For anyone that has done the $149 AIR how much extra did you have to spend on the stuff that had to be fixed? I just read this to DH and he said "Surely, that doesn't cover parts and labor:?

Thanks!
Angie
Old 10-28-2017, 06:23 AM   #28

Made my AIR appointment and sent in my repair list. Only had 8 minor items to be addressed. Was allotted 3 days for everything, so hopefully I'll get more than a 3 hr glimpse of my coach. Their "thorough" inspection was my main reason for travelling that far for the AIR

Tags
air