RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #141

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have 2 Mobleys, a 2017 model and a NEW one. 2 power supplies from the same vendor 1 new the other a 17.

With the new supply either Mobley shuts down in 2 hours. The old supply, they run for days. If I pick up and shake the off Mobley it will start up and run for 2 hours.

Have not made any measurements yet.

rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
I have 2 Mobleys, a 2017 model and a NEW one. 2 power supplies from the same vendor 1 new the other a 17.

With the new supply either Mobley shuts down in 2 hours. The old supply, they run for days. If I pick up and shake the off Mobley it will start up and run for 2 hours.

Have not made any measurements yet.

Which power supplies are you using?

MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:11 PM   #143

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Att-ZTE-Mob...8K8:rk:20:pf:0

used the same Mobley for meas.
Wish I had my O-Scope with me.

More info after 4:00PM test in progress.

Unloaded
DC AC
New 12.14 0.003

Old 13.88 0.003

Loaded
DC AC
New 12.12 .105-.004

Old 12.35 .009-.02
Old 02-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #144

Winnebago Owners Club
Well here we go again. After more than 4.5 hours on the phone last Friday, with 11 different ATT reps, 7 transfers, and lots of aggravation, I finally got someone who know how to place the order for a Mobley, for my 2014 Jeep GC email offer. It came today. Yea.

So I called the number that Samdon posted in post #140, and YES, I got the automated activation line. Less than 2 minutes, and it says my device is activated and ready to use.

Almost. Powered up, I can see the Mobley wifi signal, and I can connect to it, BUT IT HAS NO INTERNET ACCESS!!! Geeze, what else.

Logged into the device itself, and looked around. The wireless number shown in the device (SIM card number) is not the number they gave me over the phone, that's supposed to be my SIM card number. So, wrong SIM card has now been activated.

Before I call them, anybody have a suggestion?
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #145

The SIM in the device is not matching on many of the new Mobleys, this is why you need to check the number on the box vs the activation page / phone number. I had it on mine also, spent about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, about 25 of which was explaining that the Mobley did not have a keypad or a display. They were eventually able to correct in their records and get it working, initially they said I had to go to an AT&T store and get a new SIM, I told them the nearest store was over 20 miles away ...

RGVTexan, it looks like the old one is an unregulated linear power supply, and the new one is a switch mode regulated power supply. This matches my testing, where it seems only unregulated power supplies will keep the Mobley awake.

ps. it seems the Mobley amp draw jumps all over the place from about 30 to 190 ma never staying in one place for more than about half a second
Old 02-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #146

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
The SIM in the device is not matching on many of the new Mobleys, this is why you need to check the number on the box vs the activation page / phone number. I had it on mine also, spent about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service, about 25 of which was explaining that the Mobley did not have a keypad or a display. They were eventually able to correct in their records and get it working, initially they said I had to go to an AT&T store and get a new SIM, I told them the nearest store was over 20 miles away ...
I did check the number on the box, and it is the correct number; same as the number the rep told me. Been on the phone for 40 minutes now, and she insists I have an iPad!
Indian River, De
Old 02-04-2019, 02:29 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
I did check the number on the box, and it is the correct number; same as the number the rep told me. Been on the phone for 40 minutes now, and she insists I have an iPad!
The CSR rep thought mine was a iPhone 4, it will be worth it once they get it straight. Worst case go to an AT&T store and have them give you a new SIM, I had to do that on my 2017 Mobley when the SIM died after working for 5 months.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #148

Just watched the video. Mobley is Unlimited until you hit 22gb's. Then you get throttled. Not bad but limited gb's at high speeds. Already have a plan with Verizon that throttles me at 15 gb in any billing cycle. That lasts about 10 days then is almost useless.

Still looking at the fmca unlimited Verizon, no throttling at $65 a month.

ken

2018 Entegra Aspire 44W .
Ken Sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:13 PM   #149

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sair View Post
Just watched the video. Mobley is Unlimited until you hit 22gb's. Then you get throttled. Not bad but limited gb's at high speeds. Already have a plan with Verizon that throttles me at 15 gb in any billing cycle. That lasts about 10 days then is almost useless.

ken
Look into T-Mobile; if they have coverage where you go. They have a 2-line unlimited everything (including H.S. data), and if I'm not mistaken, they include free Netflix, for something like $55/month, incl taxes and fees. That's 2 phones. Even if you used them just as wifi hotspots, it would be worth it. Only proviso is at least one of you have to be over 55 to qualify, and you can ONLY get 2 phones.
Indian River, De
Old 02-04-2019, 03:50 PM   #150

Quote:

ken

That is WRONG, you get depriortized after 22 GB you DO NOT get throttled . Meaning you get best effort, not automatic speed cut after 22 GB unlike all the other similar plans out there. I put 94 GB on my 2017 Mobley last month I would have noticed being throttled.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Isaac-1:
Both supplies are Chinese
Switching Adaptor model DSA-12PFT FUS 120100
input 100-240 50/60HZ .5A
output 12V 1A
Efficiency Level VI

帝ž企*‚份œ‰™…司 :: BSMI RoHS ˆ€
Old 02-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #152

Can anyone supply the phone number for the mobley? I need to talk to them. all this deprioritizing - throttling is making my brain ache. All I want is the Mrs to downstream-hulu-netflix etc etc etc and be happy.

I appreciate all the advice. We are fulltimers and need consistent everywhere, as best as can be.

Thanks Ken.

2018 Entegra Aspire 44W .
Ken Sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #153

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

ken

We have the FMCA Unlimited Jetpack through Verizon. It's 49.99/mo. and they do throttle you after 25 G's. We also have a Mobley - it has never been throttled, even when we have exceeded 50 G's in a month.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #154

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
We have the FMCA Unlimited Jetpack through Verizon. It's 49.99/mo. and they do throttle you after 25 G's. We also have a Mobley - it has never been throttled, even when we have exceeded 50 G's in a month.
I believe he's referring to the Verizon Prepaid Unlimited Data Plan It is truly unlimited subject only to network management. Verizon allowed me to drop the remaining year I had on my FMCA plan and go on the $65.00 unlimited plan. I am now able to switch between the original Mobley plan and the Verizon plan as needed.

BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote