Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

Once we receive our Mobley, I will activate it using one of 2 methods:

1. Calling 866-895-1099, enter phone number assigned to Mobley and follow prompts.

Or

2. Go Online to: Att.com/activations , enter Phone number associated with Mobley and follow prompts.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
So I should have done #1 above to activate the first time. I already knew that there was a great chance that the Sim info in AT&T's system would not match the one actually shipped to me.

I tried on their website, error cannot activate your device.

Called the number in the Mobley Quick Start Guide (it's not the one above). Gave the Rep the last 4 of the Sim Card. She said the Sim is already activated/in Use, you have to go to an AT&T store to have them activate it for you. I said thank you and hung up.

Called 866-895-1099, tried the activation through the Auto-Attendant and said couldn't activate please hold while we transfer you to a Rep.

Spoke to the Rep, verified Account Holder info and asked me to read the entire ICCID (Sim) number. It was different from what they had in the system. He put me on hold and came back and said all set, unplug the Mobley for 10 minutes and then plug it back in - you will be activated.

So, I recommend you just call 866-895-1099 as Matt D posted to activate your Mobley, try to activate via the auto system and if needed, wait to get transferred. Have your Mobley box ready.

Impressed with the performance of AT&T's LTE and Mobley here vs our VZW service. Both 2 bars.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 05:43 PM   #156

Well I have officially given up. It is not worth the aggravation for ATT to prove to me how inept they are. Won’t deal with them anymore. I will stay with my Verizon and they can keep their f$&&ing Mobley. Officially 18 calls and no success. One more for you guys. Good luck!
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
Well I have officially given up. It is not worth the aggravation for ATT to prove to me how inept they are. Won’t deal with them anymore. I will stay with my Verizon and they can keep their f$&&ing Mobley. Officially 18 calls and no success. One more for you guys. Good luck!
Sorry to hear it. . . but certainly understand your frustration!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #158

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Sorry to hear it. . . but certainly understand your frustration!

I ordered and got confirmation email on 1 Feb and expected it to ship today.
Today, 4 Feb I receive an email saying the order is cancelled! What a goat rope !!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:34 AM   #159

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
I ordered and got confirmation email on 1 Feb and expected it to ship today.
Today, 4 Feb I receive an email saying the order is cancelled! What a goat rope !!
It is unbelievable the problems people are having this time around. On the first Mobley Car Connect go round, my order was completed in 5 minutes and the Mobley arrived activated, others had to jump through hoops to get activated. AT&T can sure screw something up that at one time was so easy.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:27 AM   #160

Winnebago Owners Club
After activating mine yesterday and it not working, I called, told the rep that I just activated, and it said my device was ready to use, but it had no internet access. She transfered me to the ZTE-Moble company, which did nothing but waste more time. Then I called and got a rep who insisted I had an iPad. Wasted 20 minutes with her; was transferred to "tech support"; (lady who had a difficult to understand Spanish accent). I persevered, and she agreed the problem is IMEI number isn't associated with the 20 digit number on my SIM card. She said it will be fixed and work "in 3 to 4 hours". She'd call me back to confirm it works. That was around 4pm yesterday.

Today is Tuesday. Still no call, and still doesn't work.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Mike,

That looks like a winner!

The box in the picture says "Output = 14vdc" Should be good enough to keep the Mobley awake based on info from the other thread.

Have you confirmed that output voltage on your unit?

Only other thing I'd be worried about are some of the negative reviews where folks complain about not getting the same item shown in the photos (and they have pictures to prove it).

Thanks for the link.

Bill B
I bought the adapter but have not actually verified the voltage output myself. The item looks like the one in the Amazon description/picture and seems to be a quality made product.

So far the Mobley is working fine in testing however my coach is in storage (at my home) so I'm not using the Mobley a lot right now.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:44 AM   #162

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
After activating mine yesterday and it not working, I called, told the rep that I just activated, and it said my device was ready to use, but it had no internet access. She transfered me to the ZTE-Moble company, which did nothing but waste more time. Then I called and got a rep who insisted I had an iPad. Wasted 20 minutes with her; was transferred to "tech support"; (lady who had a difficult to understand Spanish accent). I persevered, and she agreed the problem is IMEI number isn't associated with the 20 digit number on my SIM card. She said it will be fixed and work "in 3 to 4 hours". She'd call me back to confirm it works. That was around 4pm yesterday.

Today is Tuesday. Still no call, and still doesn't work.
It was reported that the Mobleys are shipping with SIM cards that don't match the AT&T data/number for the SIM card.

I had posted about my similar experience. The IMEI number is on the Mobley case (and box it came in) then there is the SIM card number. You can open the SIM card access door and read the number off the card with a magnifying glass (I had to use my finger nail to slide the card back some in its holder to read the numbers). In my case the SIM card number did not match the number AT&T had for it (last three digits were wrong). To see what SIM card number AT&T thinks you have,
I went to this website https://www.att.com/checkmyorder/act...ivateDevice.rt and entered my Mobely phone number. Then the next screen listed the IMEI and SIM numbers. That's how I knew the SIM number was wrong. When you click on the "numbers don't match" (not exact wording) the next screen gives you a phone number to call.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:13 AM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
$20 unlimited Mobley

Keep in mind , this latest offer was ( I think) sent in to specific people who had Chrysler products IE
No access to OnStar. Could it be if you don’t have the offer code or a Chrysler vin number , you have to get lucky and find a agent willing to activate or unaware of those details
ATT can be a real pain if you need to deal with them. The good news is it’s been 2 years now and after set up I haven’t talked or needed to talk to them. I replaced the Mobley with a better netgear mobile router a year ago and it clearly shows it on the account and still haven’t had any contact.. it just works.
Call the correct number , tell them what they want to hear , say nothing about rv use , and you “may “ get lucky
Old 02-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #164

Winnebago Owners Club
Bill, I do have the qualifying Chrysler vehicle (2014 Jeep GC).

SO I just went another 30 mnute round with them, and the bottom line is the guy told me that the SIM card is already in use, and that I have to go to an ATT store and "buy another SIM".

Sure the SIM card is already in use; I activated it yesterday using the auto-attandant activation #, and it said it's ready for use. Logged into my ATT account, and it shows that number is activated and already has 6GB data used.

Getting ready to call again.
Indian River, De
Old 02-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #165

I received the Mobley and had the same issue that it would not work. After many phone calls over two days totaling just shy of 3.9 hours, the last person determined that I needed a new sim card. My best guess is that I spoke to almost 20 different agents. The last one took ownership of the problem and stayed with me for the final 1 hour and 6 minutes while needing several different people to work on the problem. Many of the agents I talked to started out with a sales pitch to get me to buy other products. I told them that until this product worked, I didn't want to think about buying any other services or products.

It is yet to be determined if the new sim card will fix the problem.

I hope so.
dnhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #166

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, I'm back to post a follow-up to my saga of the inop Mobley. As with dnhill, I finally got an exceptionally good rep, (supervisor in tech support), and she stayed with me, identified the problem (2 customer accounts given the same SIM number), and corrected it. She told me to power it up and see that it works, and it did. Total time on the phone with her was maybe 15-20 minutes.

Hooooray, finally!
Indian River, De
Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post

Exactly what happened to me
Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #168

Winnebago Owners Club
This is unbelievable. I just posted a few minutes ago that everything was up and running, and is WAS. I used it for about an hour, then went outside to do some yard work. I just went to use it again, and noticed that both lights were off. OK, I thought, it timed out. So I powered down and back up. Only 1 green light now, and no internet access. Tried repeatedly, plugged into the OBD in the Jeep, and nothing. They have done something, and it is no longer working. I'm about at wits end.
Indian River, De