RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #169
Senior Member
 
bob caldwell's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver Wash
Posts: 4,936
Mine takes a little bit to re-connect......
__________________

__________________
2010 Rockwood Sig Ultra lite 5er 8280......'99 Ram 2500, Cummins. 4x4.....Pullrite Superglide.......Use to work in calender factory.....got fired for tak'n a few days off.....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #170
Senior Member
 
Isaac-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SW Louisiana
Posts: 2,957
Give it a little bit, if you don't get 2 lights it is time to call AT&T again about the SIM mismatch, either that or your local tower may be having issues, it happens, though odds are it is the SIM mismatch.
__________________

__________________
2002 Safari Trek 2830 on P32 Chassis with 8.1L
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:15 PM   #171
Senior Member
 
Harleydeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Heathrow, Florida
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
This is unbelievable. I just posted a few minutes ago that everything was up and running, and is WAS. I used it for about an hour, then went outside to do some yard work. I just went to use it again, and noticed that both lights were off. OK, I thought, it timed out. So I powered down and back up. Only 1 green light now, and no internet access. Tried repeatedly, plugged into the OBD in the Jeep, and nothing. They have done something, and it is no longer working. I'm about at wits end.


Same problem here. Worked for a few hours when I received it yesterday. Today no internet.Then I decided to check the WiFi manager app and saw that the phone number in it is different than the number the agent originally gave me and that is on the paperwork that was with the Mobley. Talked to 3 agents so far that put a “fix” in that would take place within an hour. I guess I should have asked “which” hour?
__________________
Bruce & DW
Florida/NY
2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45X
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #172
Senior Member
 
CaptBill's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Indian River, De
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
Same problem here. Worked for a few hours when I received it yesterday. Today no internet.Then I decided to check the WiFi manager app and saw that the phone number in it is different than the number the agent originally gave me and that is on the paperwork that was with the Mobley. Talked to 3 agents so far that put a “fix” in that would take place within an hour. I guess I should have asked “which” hour?
That's what I found... different number in the attwifimanager than the phone number on the box. I spoke to a couple more reps after my last post, and was told the best way to resolve this is to go the an ATT store. I am going to do that tomorrow AM. I'll post back the results. Please let us know how it goes for you.
__________________
CaptBill
USAF 1965-1971; USCG Master
2002 Horizon 36LD - 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
Indian River, De
CaptBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #173
Senior Member
 
Harleydeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Heathrow, Florida
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
That's what I found... different number in the attwifimanager than the phone number on the box. I spoke to a couple more reps after my last post, and was told the best way to resolve this is to go the an ATT store. I am going to do that tomorrow AM. I'll post back the results. Please let us know how it goes for you.


Will do. I am calling again tomorrow morning.
__________________
Bruce & DW
Florida/NY
2019 Entegra Cornerstone 45X
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #174
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
After many transfers I finally found someone that knew what a Mobley was. 10 minutes later the deal was done. 2 days later it arrived but the 2nd green light never would light up. After more calls they figured out that the sim card was a mismatch. But because it's not a cell phone and there was no email address on file they couldn't text me or email me a security code. Had to take it to the store with my drivers liscense so they could verify my identity and correct the mismatch. Walked out 5 minutes later, plugged it in and it fired right up.

Now on to the time-out issue.
Marta1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #175
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gaithersburg, Md
Posts: 205
Good grief! Sad part is I own some AT&T stock! What a screwed up corporation to allow such terrible customer service.
__________________
Ray Herron
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #176
Senior Member
 
bob caldwell's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Vancouver Wash
Posts: 4,936
They also screwed up customer service with DirecTV...
__________________
2010 Rockwood Sig Ultra lite 5er 8280......'99 Ram 2500, Cummins. 4x4.....Pullrite Superglide.......Use to work in calender factory.....got fired for tak'n a few days off.....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #177
Senior Member
 
Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Gaithersburg, Md
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
They also screwed up customer service with DirecTV...
I am also a Directv customer but I have had no need to deal with customer service in a long time, if they start messing with my Directv account, I will cancel and go with Dish.
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #178
Senior Member
 
Hit_the_Rhod's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Salvisa, KY
Posts: 3,496
Similar saga here. Multiple phone calls, multiple agents (more than 10), finally ordered two Mobley's on 1 February, received on 4 February. As with many others, IMEI was not matched to the sim card that was included in the boxes, and was clearly printed on the outside of the box. Box matched actual sim car numbers, but ATnT "had no record" of those sims, even though ATnT mailed them out . . . . Customer service was able to get one Mobley working, the other I had to take to the ATnT store (on 5 Feb) where they swapped out the sim, and Viola! It worked. Oh, I had to wade through the sales pitch for Direct TV. Rep couldn't understand that we don't GET TV, nor do we WANT TV. Nothing on I want to watch.

Anyway, except for the timing out issue (AC power converters I purchased put out only 12vdc) the other item I have a BIG problem with is that there is no way to customize the devices. http://attwifimanager, the website that came with the Mobleys and where you can supposedly change the time out, or change the name and password is for sale. By that I mean when you go to the website, it shows that the domain name is for sale, NOT OWNED by or affiliated with ATnT. . . . Customer reps assure me that that is not true, until they attempt to go to it and realize that the customer isn't totally stupid . . .

Anyway, I am going to change the adapters out with ones that have 14vdc output and hopefully that will solve the timing out issue.

Speed tests of the Mobley devices are running as high as 23mbps down and 12mbps up, and as low as 9mbps down and 7 mbps up. Which is better than the 1.5mbps down and .5 mbps I currently get with the wireless service provider we currently use.
__________________
Scot & Laura Kellersberger
Newmar 4 wheel drive Dutch Star 3891, 2005 GMC Canyon. Demco Tow Bar & Baseplate U.S.Army (ret)
1985 - 2006
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:20 AM   #179
Senior Member
 
CountryB's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
S the other item I have a BIG problem with is that there is no way to customize the devices. http://attwifimanager, the website that came with the Mobleys and where you can supposedly change the time out, or change the name and password is for sale. By that I mean when you go to the website, it shows that the domain name is for sale, NOT OWNED by or affiliated with ATnT. . . . Customer reps assure me that that is not true, until they attempt to go to it and realize that the customer isn't totally stupid . . .
That "attwifimanger" is not a website, it's the built in software in the Mobley. You would need to be connected the Mobley with your laptop via wifi, then open a browser (IE, Chrome, ettc.) and type in the ATTWIFIMANAGER, that opens "into" the Mobley (no internet access needed).
__________________
- Mike
2005 Beaver Patriot-Thunder, 42ft, Tag, 525HP Cat C13, Allison 4000, 2014 V-Star 1300 Deluxe on a HydraLift
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #180
Senior Member
 
CaptBill's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Indian River, De
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Similar saga here. Multiple phone calls, multiple agents (more than 10), finally ordered two Mobley's on 1 February, received on 4 February. As with many others, IMEI was not matched to the sim card that was included in the boxes, and was clearly printed on the outside of the box. Box matched actual sim car numbers, but ATnT "had no record" of those sims, even though ATnT mailed them out . . . . Customer service was able to get one Mobley working, the other I had to take to the ATnT store (on 5 Feb) where they swapped out the sim, and Viola! It worked. Oh, I had to wade through the sales pitch for Direct TV. Rep couldn't understand that we don't GET TV, nor do we WANT TV. Nothing on I want to watch.

Anyway, except for the timing out issue (AC power converters I purchased put out only 12vdc) the other item I have a BIG problem with is that there is no way to customize the devices. http://attwifimanager, the website that came with the Mobleys and where you can supposedly change the time out, or change the name and password is for sale. By that I mean when you go to the website, it shows that the domain name is for sale, NOT OWNED by or affiliated with ATnT. . . . Customer reps assure me that that is not true, until they attempt to go to it and realize that the customer isn't totally stupid . . .

Anyway, I am going to change the adapters out with ones that have 14vdc output and hopefully that will solve the timing out issue.

Speed tests of the Mobley devices are running as high as 23mbps down and 12mbps up, and as low as 9mbps down and 7 mbps up. Which is better than the 1.5mbps down and .5 mbps I currently get with the wireless service provider we currently use.
In order to LOG INTO the Mobley, connect to the Mobley wifi, but do notuse www. in front of the http://wifimanager address. You need to force your computer to connect
only to http://attwifimanager . It is there that you can see and change the settings, including the SSID, timeout times, and much more.

The other way to get into it is 192.168.1.1 in your url address box.
__________________
CaptBill
USAF 1965-1971; USCG Master
2002 Horizon 36LD - 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
Indian River, De
CaptBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #181
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 9
aT&t Mobley worx. Phone no.

Earlier Mobley offer here. It's been working forever. Unplug it almost every nite. Here in SE Pa., $24/ month. Reading irv2 forums causes worry here. FMCA WAS working out a mifi deal with VZ this last year and VZ backed out. Like a Mobley internet access deal. That would have been an alternative. If AT&T drops the Mobley deal. Also considered another mifi device.

2017 i purchased a nice Huawei Ascend XT2 GO phone. Never inserted the sim card. Used with Google Hangout dialer to make VOIP calls. But couldn't receive calls. Along comes Unreal MVNO phone service. $10/month. Slip in their 3-in-1 sim and it worked! For a week and a half. AT&T must have slipped a software update to the phone.

So went to their website to send for a $.99 sim card. Tried to enter IEMI # of phone. No response to mouse click. Most likely because i didn't activate GO phone within 90 days.
homesteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #182
Senior Member
 
CigarBoy's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Windham, NH
Posts: 113
Ordered the Mobley 2 days ago.. process went smooth.
received it this am.. am now on the phone with ATT rep # 7 now to activate., got disconnected 2 times during this brutal process.
Activation did not work online, as others have said, they are re-using SIMs and/or phone numbers.
This rep said they have to re-authenticate the SIM, then they will call back..
--holding breath--
-mike
__________________

__________________
Mike & Jo
2005 Itasca Horizon 40KD ISL 400 Freightliner
2006 Jeep Rubicon Toad+BlueOx - LostInOurTravels.com
CigarBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$20 Unlimited Data with ZTE Mobley Device Vanslam Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 2473 04-21-2019 08:52 PM
Mobley Mobley where are U ladagobago Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 32 10-17-2017 04:39 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.