RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
--Update--
The rep actually DID call me back in 30 min with a confirmation of activation!!
My power adapter hasnt arrived yet, so went out to the Jeep to plug it in and confirmed, all good!!
Very satisfied with this particular rep, he handled it / managed it well. for others, maybe you can ask for Raymond ID#170267. he 'owned' this issue and stayed with it to the end. The 7th rep i had to talk to.

like others.. now on to the timeout issue.
-mike

CigarBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #184

Someone at AT&T is probably thinking, we are getting great results from the Chrysler/Jeep campaign

I was prepared if I was asked for a VIN, easily found online with used Jeeps available for sale. I wasn't asked.

Waiting for my 14v adapter, hopefully by Friday.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #185

Winnebago Owners Club
Another update from my escapade. As mentioned previously, the phone number on the Mobley box was the number the sales rep told me would be my number, but when I logged into attwifimanager, the number shown was completely different. So many ATT reps that I spoke to did not seem to believe me or think it mattered. It matters.

Today I went to an ATT store, logged into the wifimanager, and showed the guy the screen where the number as. I said I was sure this was the problem. We went back into the store, and he put that number into his computer, and it came back with some guy's name that I have never heard of in Wisconsin.

Rep took a new SIM card, scanned it into the system, put it into the Mobley, and everything worked as it should, and now, the correct phone number is displayed in the wifimanager "About you Mobley" screen.

Crazy amount of wasted time just to fix a simple problem.

AAnyone else having this problem, I recommend you just go to an ATT store.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #186

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Someone at AT&T is probably thinking, we are getting great results from the Chrysler/Jeep campaign

I was prepared if I was asked for a VIN, easily found online with used Jeeps available for sale. I wasn't asked.

Waiting for my 14v adapter, hopefully by Friday.

I was asked by one of the reps yesterday, but I do have a Jeep CG, so I was prepared.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Another update from my escapade. As mentioned previously, the phone number on the Mobley box was the number the sales rep told me would be my number, but when I logged into attwifimanager, the number shown was completely different. So many ATT reps that I spoke to did not seem to believe me or think it mattered. It matters.

Today I went to an ATT store, logged into the wifimanager, and showed the guy the screen where the number as. I said I was sure this was the problem. We went back into the store, and he put that number into his computer, and it came back with some guy's name that I have never heard of in Wisconsin.

Rep took a new SIM card, scanned it into the system, put it into the Mobley, and everything worked as it should, and now, the correct phone number is displayed in the wifimanager "About you Mobley" screen.

Crazy amount of wasted time just to fix a simple problem.

AAnyone else having this problem, I recommend you just go to an ATT store.

This is the exact same experience I had. My sim assigned by ATT to me belonged to some fellow in Texas. New sim...and all is well.
Harleydeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #188

Giving up on the Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
Good grief! Sad part is I own some AT&T stock! What a screwed up corporation to allow such terrible customer service.
My BF is an ATT retiree and he gets great discounts. That is the reason I was excited about this Mobley. But after my hour-long frustrating experience today I have about given up. The final agent I talked to (probably in India) said that they did not have the Mobley, and offered some other "Harmon-Sparks" (?) thing. I don't dare get that after all of this! So I just hung up. That was after I got my hopes up talking to at least 5 different people who seemed to know exactly what I was talking about but they all had to transfer me to someone else to complete the transaction.
Stinkielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkielee View Post
... I got my hopes up talking to at least 5 different people who seemed to know exactly what I was talking about but they all had to transfer me to someone else to complete the transaction.

Did you call the special phone number for the offer 855-894-9945 or 866-662-4548? I used the first number a week ago and did not have to be transferred to anyone to complete the process, though I did have to call back to verify the order to get it to ship, and then had to call in due to SIM number mismatch after it arrived
Old 02-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #190

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Did you call the special phone number for the offer 855-894-9945 or 866-662-4548? I used the first number a week ago and did not have to be transferred to anyone to complete the process, though I did have to call back to verify the order to get it to ship, and then had to call in due to SIM number mismatch after it arrived

ATT is one very screwed up company, they told me to go to an ATT store to do an identity verification, went to two different stores, same story at both stores. ZE MOBLEY IS AN END OF LIFE ITEM AND THEY CANNOT ORDER IT, they did try to sell me on the Spark device. I called the special number for ordering the device, had them speak to the store manager, they told the store manager to initiate an order, which would verify my identity but store managers told them they could verify my identity but cannot initiate an order for the device.

They wouldn’t tell me why it was necessary for me to do a store identity but I think it has to do with my billing address being different from my shipping address.

Bottom line is they will not take another online order from me but insist that a corporate store place the order through their retail process and store says this is not possible for an end of life item.

So, it appears I won’t be able to get the Mobley from ATT.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #191

This is crazy, my relative that just ordered one last week has a different billing from shipping address (gets mail at a P.O. Box, AT&T ships Fedex so must ship to a street address). Never had to do any ID verification beyond giving SSN and Driver License number.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:21 PM   #192

Correct. The FMCA post-paid plan is unlimited $49.99 and gets throttled. The pre-paid is $65 with auto-pay and there is no throttling.

Ill call the mobley people. I have a few questions before I bite.

Ken

2018 Entegra Aspire 44W .
Ken Sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:41 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sair View Post
Correct. The FMCA post-paid plan is unlimited $49.99 and gets throttled. The pre-paid is $65 with auto-pay and there is no throttling.

Ill call the mobley people. I have a few questions before I bite.

Ken
You would probably be better asking here than an ATT rep that will know very little other than what they read on their screen.

Assuming this is the same connected car as last time they sold the Mobley, and all indications are it's the same.

There is zero hard cap. Unlike the FMCA plan that gets throttled at 128k when you hit 25GB (they give a range, but my experience is that it's 128k), the Mobley has no network management at all for first 22GB and then after that, it's like the Verizon prepaid plan, where they might throttle you if the network is congested.

Anecdotal evidence, personal and reported on this site, of people owning the Mobley plans for years is that it's extremely, almost never, rare to get throttled.

Both mine and my sisters have multiple times been in the 70-125GB range in a month with no throttling (very common for her as she is a full timer).

My bigger issue with ATT is that in most places I travel, Verizon has better speeds. Still, my Mobley plan is my primary, and I have both the FMCA and Verizon prepaids as backup (if the unlimited prepaid plan had existed when I signed up for FMCA, I wouldn't have done the FMCA deal).
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #194

uPDATE! Went to AT&T site again. (yesterday) And they accepted the IEMI# for the phone.
homesteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:07 AM   #195

After all your work, I certainly hope everything goes well for you. I Would like to hear more about the FMCA plan. As an alternative. And as for the AT&T SPARKS, it doesn't seem like a device for internet service when you read up. Also the reviews are not good for that device.
homesteader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:51 PM   #196

So this is a special deal for Chrysler vehicles only? My RV is on a Ford chassis and I'd love to add the Mobley.

Am I in for hours of frustration that will end with my cancelling my corporate ATT account?