RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHerbert View Post
I have been using a very small vibrator ( smaller than a dime) powered by a variable voltage DC adapter plugged into a smart plug that has a scheduler app for over a month. Wakes up in the morning turns on the Mobley shuts down at night. I set the scheduler to come on every 1:45 Min. for 5 min.
I, for one, would love some pictures and a circuit diagram, even if it is hand drawn.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
231 post since Jan 25 and the Mobley I own still has not timed out. I do have the new firmware pushed. What am I doing different?
I use the 110 power supply sold on Amazon.
Isaac-1 has done a lot of research on this topic and his (very reasonable) conclusion is that "older" style "wall wart" power supplies seem to solve the shutdown issue. The theory is that the Mobley monitors the supply voltage and does NOT start the shutdown timer !

Why ? When a Mobley is installed in a vehicle it can easily monitor battery voltage. When the engine is running the Mobley will see (approximately) >13.0V and <14.5V. When the engine is OFF, the Mobley will see (approximately) >11.8V and <12.8V.

"Older" style "wall wart" power supplies are built very cheaply. Basically a transformer, rectifier and a capacitor. You can tell it is an older style power supply because it has some "heft" to it (from the transformer). The newer one are "as light as a feather". The older style does NOT output a "clean"/constant voltage like the newer ones do. BUT, this is the WIN !

If the power supply's voltage varies between the two ranges I mentioned, the Mobley shutdown timer resets every time it crosses !

W3DKP came to a similar conclusion but he built a electronic circuit that does the same thing !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	234849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.2JPG.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	234850  

Old 02-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #241

Entegra Owners Club
Check the power supplies on Ebay for a plug and play unit.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #242

If those eBay adapters are 12v I don't think they will keep the new Mobley's from going to sleep.

I received a new Zim-5 14v Adapter yesterday for my new Mobley (came with VM6200V1.0.3) and the Mobley doesn't go to sleep with this adapter.

My results in the Mobley Problem Thread:

Mobley problem!

1996 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #243

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
If those eBay adapters are 12v I don't think they will keep the new Mobley's from going to sleep.

I received a new Zim-5 14v Adapter yesterday for my new Mobley (came with VM6200V1.0.3) and the Mobley doesn't go to sleep with this adapter.

My results in the Mobley Problem Thread:

Mobley problem!

There are several 120v adapters on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...power%20supply
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 PM   #244

Quote:
There are several 120v adapters on Ebay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...power%20supply
Yes, but all the ones in that link show switch mode style power supplies which may not (likely will not) have enough voltage fluctuation to keep the new firmware mobleys awake.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #245

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Yes, but all the ones in that link show switch mode style power supplies which may not (likely will not) have enough voltage fluctuation to keep the new firmware mobleys awake.
Too bad the others did not get in on the first go round with the Mobley's. All of the "old" equipment works perfect out of the boxes, even my 12v adapter works fine, but the cord is not long enough to reach where I wanted it. My 120v adapter looks the same, not that old, but I will have to check the label. Sorry you all are having so many problems.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-12-2019, 03:41 PM   #246

Quote:
Too bad the others did not get in on the first go round with the Mobley's. All of the "old" equipment works perfect out of the boxes, even my 12v adapter works fine, but the cord is not long enough to reach where I wanted it. My 120v adapter looks the same, not that old, but I will have to check the label. Sorry you all are having so many problems.

If you are not having problems with your old 2017 Mobley now, just make sure you never do a hard reset, or try to change the sleep timer, if you do you will be in the same boat as all the new owners. It appears the 1.0.3 software update simply removed the no timeout from the menu but did not over write the not time out setting if it were already set.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #247

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
If you are not having problems with your old 2017 Mobley now, just make sure you never do a hard reset, or try to change the sleep timer, if you do you will be in the same boat as all the new owners. It appears the 1.0.3 software update simply removed the no timeout from the menu but did not over write the not time out setting if it were already set.
Good chance that is what has happened. If it ever did go into shut down mode every 2 hours, I would change devices for the SIM card.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprkbr View Post
I see a lot of people are suggesting increasing the voltage to 14 D.C. volts will stop the timeout problems. Found this item on amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) going to give it a try.

Well the new power supply came it broke. Plugged it in and it started smoking without anything plugged into it. So I sent it back for a refund. After reading many post on here and other places I decided it would be best to get a non regulated power supply. so its back to the drawing board.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:34 PM   #249

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Good chance that is what has happened. If it ever did go into shut down mode every 2 hours, I would change devices for the SIM card.
Wow, connecting more than five devices and now the possibility of putting the SIM in a different device. You have come over to the dark side.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:33 AM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprkbr View Post
Well the new power supply came it broke. Plugged it in and it started smoking without anything plugged into it. So I sent it back for a refund. After reading many post on here and other places I decided it would be best to get a non regulated power supply. so its back to the drawing board.
That's really irritating, I just bought two of those as the "14 volt" power supplies I purchased off of Ebay were actually 15.76 and 15.80 volts respectively. The Mobley's wouldn't even turn on with the voltage that high. I plugged in the 12 volt (actual) power supplies back in and they both worked fine. Sending the 14 volt (not) power supplies back. The guy wants me to pay return postage. Not happening, he didn't sell what he advertised. Anyway, hopefully I'll have better luck with the adjustable ones that smoked on you.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:11 AM   #251

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Wow, connecting more than five devices and now the possibility of putting the SIM in a different device. You have come over to the dark side.
I was forced to. Everything on the new coach is wifi, the vega touch, smart TV, phone apps etc. The built in router needs an outside source.

However there must be a reason the new Mobleys' don't work....probably abuse by the first bunch of Mobley users.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 02-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #252

Winnebago Owners Club
Instead of using a wall wart, I use one of these, plugged into an accessory socket in my motorhome. Keeps the Mobley powered up, both when driving and when on shorepower.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_82 Feb. 13 08.08.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	234929  

Indian River, De
CaptBill is online now   Reply With Quote