Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2019, 07:14 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBill View Post
Instead of using a wall wart, I use one of these, plugged into an accessory socket in my motorhome. Keeps the Mobley powered up, both when driving and when on shorepower.

Using the same. Cut off the barrel connector and soldered/heatshrinked the cord to the OBD pigtail. Placed a female 12VDC connector on the output of my wall wart. Now can use the Mobley in any vehicle and elsewhere when using the wall wart.
MartyQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2019, 08:41 AM   #254

Entegra Owners Club
I received my new Mobley a few days ago and purchased a GoMobile power cord from Amazon. I tried it at home and it timed out at the 2 hour mark. I installed it in the Cornerstone via wifi to the Pepwave and it has run continually for 2 days now. Running iPads and phones and Samsung TVS and it has been flawless. Hooray!
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #255

Monaco Owners Club
Since January 30th I've used 101 GB of AT&T data, constantly at a speed of 10mb/s. Most of this was watching the free version of DirectTV Now (AT&T WatchTV) with the SIM in the NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem. No Wi-Fi but it has a built-in Gigabit WAN for simple connection to our Apple Airport which provides dozens of connections throughout the S&B. No shut down problem and I have also used my Verizon Prepaid SIM in it with speeds well over 60 mb/s.
Fred Edelkamp, USAF Combat Camera Retired driving "Bullwinkle" 2008 Monaco Diplomat 36PDQ | 400hp Cummins I6 Diesel Pusher | 1440W Solar | 800Ah LiFePO4 | RVi TPMS | Roadmaster Tow Bar | RVibrake3 | 2020 Ford F-150 | Palomino Backpack Truck Camper SS-1251
frede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #256

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I received my new Mobley a few days ago and purchased a GoMobile power cord from Amazon. I tried it at home and it timed out at the 2 hour mark. I installed it in the Cornerstone via wifi to the Pepwave and it has run continually for 2 days now. Running iPads and phones and Samsung TVS and it has been flawless. Hooray!
That is good news that the router keeps it active, it does on mine as well. That should help those looking for the solution of timing out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
Since January 30th I've used 101 GB of AT&T data, constantly at a speed of 10mb/s. Most of this was watching the free version of DirectTV Now (AT&T WatchTV) with the SIM in the NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem. No Wi-Fi but it has a built-in Gigabit WAN for simple connection to our Apple Airport which provides dozens of connections throughout the S&B. No shut down problem and I have also used my Verizon Prepaid SIM in it with speeds well over 60 mb/s.

Not to hijack this thread, but how do you get AT&T WatchTV?

I tried to find more about signing up online. It said it was free if you had one of the ATT Unlimited Plans, or you pay $15 per month. But can go month to month.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #258

Quote:
I received my new Mobley a few days ago and purchased a GoMobile power cord from Amazon. I tried it at home and it timed out at the 2 hour mark.
Is that adapter (power cord) from Amazon Seller Zim-5?

You may want to measure that adapter's voltage, it should be 14v (mine 14.07v) and my new Mobley (set to 30 minute timeout) doesn't timeout.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:14 PM   #259

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
Is that adapter (power cord) from Amazon Seller Zim-5?

You may want to measure that adapter's voltage, it should be 14v (mine 14.07v) and my new Mobley (set to 30 minute timeout) doesn't timeout.

Yes it is from Zim-5. Mine timed out on schedule until I connected it to the router. Strange that some do and some don’t.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:36 PM   #260

Quote:
Yes it is from Zim-5. Mine timed out on schedule until I connected it to the router. Strange that some do and some don’t.
Maybe the voltage isn't right on that one.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:44 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by frede View Post
I'm sitting in Little Rock and getting between 10 and 15Mbps, using a Netgear LTE modem.

I checked my two Verizon hotspots, and they both speedtest around 45 Mbps. The ATT is good enough for streaming, and I'm posting this message hooked to the router hooked to it, but in the morning when I need to do some Webex/Zoom meetings w/VOIP, I'll hook up to one of my Verizon MiFi's, which have lower ping and higher speed.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #262

I received my Mobley about 3 weeks ago but haven't activated it. Is there a time constraint on doing this?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I received my Mobley about 3 weeks ago but haven't activated it. Is there a time constraint on doing this?
You need to read the terms and conditions. There was a clause in there that stated if the purchaser has not activated their device by x number of days, than ATnT has the option of activating it themselves. Not sure of the exact language, but it is in the T & C.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I received mine a couple of weeks ago also.

I was out of town on business at the time I ordered, so I specifically asked “how much time do I have to activate it?”

I was told 14 days.

As I knew that was more than enough, I never asked what would happen if I didn’t activate it before the deadline.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:53 AM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
I received mine a couple of weeks ago also.

I was out of town on business at the time I ordered, so I specifically asked “how much time do I have to activate it?”

I was told 14 days.

As I knew that was more than enough, I never asked what would happen if I didn’t activate it before the deadline.
On the phone now trying to activate. These people have zero clue.. ARGH!
Old 02-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #266

After 2 hours and being tranfered to 6 different people with poor english speaking skills I finally got to someone whon said “you have the wrong department, you have to call .............. I hung up in frustration. Headed to an AT&T store and had mobley activated in 5 minutes.
Sheesh!