Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #281

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have 2 Mobleys, use Chrome. No Problems.
1. July 2017
2. Feb 2019
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #282

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Verizon Prepaid

I have been following the Mobely threads since the beginning. I placed an order with AT&T. But made a big mistake, On the order I had a different shipping address than billing address. While waiting for the Mobley to ship I read all the issues with the unit being timeout. I therefore cancel my order before they cancelled it.
This past weekend I did some research on unlimited data plans by the major carriers. We were with Verizon on the Beyond Unlimited plan with post pay plan. We have 2 iPhone and a Jetpack. Our cost for this plan was approx. $180.00 per month. Verizon has revamped there prepaid plans. They now have family prepaid plans and you can add up to 10 lines, the more lines bigger discount. So since we own our devices we switched our devices to the prepaid family plan. Since you can mix and match data limits on each device, we did that.
- unlimited talk and text.
- both phones have 15g data, tethering at 3g speeds.
- Jetpack unlimited data, no throttling, just network managed.
But have not had an issue over the last couple of days of use. Here is a photo of my speedtest. My iPad connected to Jetpack.
The other benefit is that I can connect 15 devices to Jetpack. When I started, I didn’t relize the number of devices in the coach that needs a WiFi connection, the Jetpack is better for us. We can eliminate the pep wave router. Never thought of it before, but the Bose sound bar, Bose bass and the speakers, that is 4 connections right there.
New monthly cost $120.00
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16F6A9C9-1AAC-4049-AE00-9FD19B7338E5.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	235431  
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #283

Entegra Owners Club
Please keep us posted on coverage area on the prepaid plan. Seeing some posts that coverage is more limited (no roaming) was enough to keep me from switching.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #284

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Please keep us posted on coverage area on the prepaid plan. Seeing some posts that coverage is more limited (no roaming) was enough to keep me from switching.
Here is a link to the Verizon Coverage. Go to the interactive map. In the upper left corner is a menu bar. Click on it, there you will find 4 coverage maps. I couldn’t tell that much difference between 4LTE coverage and Prepay voice and data. We have changed the roaming settings on our iPhones to no roaming. We won’t be running up roaming charges without us knowing it.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/feat...ters/#coverage
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #285

Following
ajsfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:33 AM   #286

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Verizon Mystery

I have a newly acquired Mobley and also Verizon cellular/data service. I got the Mobley after an incrediable purchase/activation process that defies one’s imagination in how something can be made so complex.

I have found the Verizon website to be the best way to manage you Verizon account. I recently changed my plan from the loyality over 55 plan to a mix and match at an additional cost of around $10. I have 2 iPhones and 2 cellular iPads. The old plan gave me unlimited but managed cellular iPhone service and ipad had the same service. But the tether/hotspot speed for all devices had a maximum speed 600 Kps which is so slow it is not worth the effort.

The new plan has the cellular iPhones with the same service. Each iPad however has 15 GB of premium data service and 15 GB of hotspot/tethering capacity. This equates to a total 30 GB data depending on how used. So I have taken the one iPad SIM card and put in my Jetpack. If the Jetpack were to use over 15GB I can swap the sim card from the other iPad or just use the iPad as a hotspot. Verizon does not get upset if you change SIM cards to another like device. Let’s not forget I also have the Mobley.

I did look into the prepaid which I believe is another great option. I used the website to simulate a plan change to prepaid. I could have 2 iPhones ($50 and second @ $35) with 15 GB premium data each and an unlimited cellular high speed data Jetpack ($50) connected for $135 plus tax. This price did not include $5 discount for auto pay or 15% military discount if a verified vet. Also it stated no activation fee. I may at some point switch to this prepaid but still researching the fine print on the prepaid. These special deals are only on the internet. If you call and talk to representative they are clueless about this pricing.

Someone brought up the point the coverage for prepaid is differant than a post paid plan. I find that hard to believe. The differant plans specify throttled/managed data and GB’s available per devise at high speed. Hotspot devices such as Jetpack generally have a cap for high speed data. The prepaid plan I was looking at did not have a cap for the Jetpack which makes it very interesting solution to someone who uses lot’s of data.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #287

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_ftw View Post
Problem is with Chrome. Works OK with Explorer and Classic Yahoo email!
Or more likely lack of IRV2 support for Chrome and modern browser standards. Chrome works with all other major websites that I frequent so not seeing how Chrome is the problem. It's more like IRV2 is probably just not keeping up with the newest standards. Internet Explorer is dead technology, so it makes sense it still works OK...
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
That's really irritating, I just bought two of those as the "14 volt" power supplies I purchased off of Ebay were actually 15.76 and 15.80 volts respectively. The Mobley's wouldn't even turn on with the voltage that high. I plugged in the 12 volt (actual) power supplies back in and they both worked fine. Sending the 14 volt (not) power supplies back. The guy wants me to pay return postage. Not happening, he didn't sell what he advertised. Anyway, hopefully I'll have better luck with the adjustable ones that smoked on you.
I bought the same variable power supply. Spliced the wires and soldered. Plugged it in ... and zilch. No power. The power supply did not even light up its own screen. Seller credited me the money.

Has anybody found a more reliable variable power supply?
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:17 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPaPat View Post
I bought the same variable power supply. Spliced the wires and soldered. Plugged it in ... and zilch. No power. The power supply did not even light up its own screen. Seller credited me the money.

Has anybody found a more reliable variable power supply?

I received two of the variable power supplies below on 15 Feb. Set to 13.7 volts, they've been working fine since then. I have had both of the Mobley's shut down twice in that time for reasons unknown, but two that's perfectly acceptable for 3 weeks of usage. We are on the road now with one of the Mobley's and it's working perfectly.

My son streams games with his, and he goes over 22gb in a few days, but hasn't experienced any noticeable slowdowns, if indeed they are throttling the service.

One member stated that he bought one of these power supplies and it was DOA, but I'm happy with ours. You DO have to solder on the adapter, but that's pretty easy. Good luck!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:02 AM   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
I received two of the variable power supplies below on 15 Feb. Set to 13.7 volts, they've been working fine since then. I have had both of the Mobley's shut down twice in that time for reasons unknown, but two that's perfectly acceptable for 3 weeks of usage. We are on the road now with one of the Mobley's and it's working perfectly.

My son streams games with his, and he goes over 22gb in a few days, but hasn't experienced any noticeable slowdowns, if indeed they are throttling the service.

One member stated that he bought one of these power supplies and it was DOA, but I'm happy with ours. You DO have to solder on the adapter, but that's pretty easy. Good luck!

Yes that is the same device and same vendor I used. DOA.
I did not test device before soldering wires — actually had to solder it twice. First time I slid one heat shrink tube over the cable and proceeded to solder the blacks and reds together. It was only after that did I realize I should have used two more tubes to isolate the red from the black! Duh. It was such an easy job I knew even an idiot could do it! Well obviously I am not an idiot because I redid the connections properly and it still did not work!
I recall somebody posting a pic of another variable power adapter but cannot find it in any of the Mobley threads.
GrandPaPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:33 AM   #291

I have had a Mobley for several years that remains on 24/7, no issues.

I recently purchased another for my wife to use in her car, and as a backup source if our internet quits.

The newer Mobley was set to 2 hour timeout and would timeout in as little as 20-25 minutes at times. That the Mobley wouldn’t even make it to the scheduled time made me suspicious of the power supply.

I searched again for a different supply and received it yesterday. This supply is a USB connection, which I plugged into a typical iPad charging transformer. I plugged it in last night around 7:30 and it’s still cooking.

Also, I’m not using it for anything, it’s just idling and no data is moving.

The manufacturer suggests this adaptor provides 14.5V but I haven’t put a meter to it yet.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #292

The Mobley needs to see voltage fluctuation in order to stay on past its 2 hour time out, old style unregulated power supplies are one way to do that. Often the newer light weight switch mode units provide too stable of power to keep the Mobley awake as it is looking for the voltage ripple from a running alternator to detect what it thinks is a running engine.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #293

To be clear, the product I linked to on Amazon works quite well.

I’ve tried a couple other power supplies without luck.

This one works.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote