Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #43

ATT website says Mobley deal has expired. I missed it again[emoji33]
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2019, 04:40 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
ATT website says Mobley deal has expired. I missed it again[emoji33]

You can’t order it on the website. If you watch the video linked to this thread, they give you the number you have to call. I ordered my yesterday and it was shipped.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #45

Here is what I did about an hour ago..

1. Called 855-894-9945
2. The answering Rep indicated I needed to speak to their DMDR (Marketing) Dept.
3. Explained I wanted (another) Mobley.
4. Asked for the 24 month contract no-cost Mobley.
5. Asked for the $49 Activation fee to be waived as we are long term AT&T customers.
6. Completed administrative actions and finished transaction.

Once we receive our Mobley, I will activate it using one of 2 methods:

1. Calling 866-895-1099, enter phone number assigned to Mobley and follow prompts.

Or

2. Go Online to: Att.com/activations , enter Phone number associated with Mobley and follow prompts.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #46

Lynn

The Mobley does not have to be connected to your coach's OBD connector. Mine is not. It can be powered by a 120 VAC voltage transformer that converts 120 VAC to 12 D. Essentially it is nothing more than a cell phone that I have lying on top of the fireplace. It connects to ATT cell system. Mine has nothing to do with the Cornerstone other than it is contained in the Cornerstone. Mine Mobley you can connect up to 5 other devices to it (that is the number I remember) and so my laptops and my on board temp monitor are connected to it. I like it because some places, the Verizon is terrible. Like Quartzsite.... the Verizon towers were simply overloaded and downloads or internet on Verizon was really, really slow, or did not download at all. However, the ATT broadband through the mobley was working just fine. There are situations where the reverse is true.... ATT stinks on coverage, but Verizon rocks.

Now, I dont download movies, and I use either the MIFI or the Mobley primarily for looking up materials or work on the lap top. For $24 a month. it is a worthwhile addition to my internet arsenale of options. I paid about $100 for it about 18 months ago, and $20 a month and it has been well worth it. I dont use an external antenna.... both the Mobley and the Verizon MIFI sit on the counter in front of the Bose soundbar. If you can get one, it is worth the coins.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
We have both a Mobley and a Verizon Jet Pack. Through the FMCA program the Jet Pack does not throttle until 25 G's and it's 49.99/mo. That allowed us to reduce the data we had on our phones and iPads. That saved us more than the 49.99. Having both works well for us. Verizon does have better signal coverage in some areas but AT&T is usually our first choice since it has never been throttled regardless of usage.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #48

Well . . . they must be getting more familiar with the process.

I just got off the phone with Dennis. He knew exactly what I was talking about, explained the details to me, then processed my order.

I should have my device in a couple of days.

I went with the 2 year plan, so the device is free. They said they would waive the activation fee as I've been an AT&T customer forever.

I'll comeback here and let you guys know how it turns out once I have the device.

Whole thing took less than 5 minutes. Could have been done in 3 had I quit asking questions!

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Matt D, love your step-by-step instructions
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:25 PM   #49

I've had the Mobily for over a year now recently while in the Orlando area I have been network managed for maybe an hour every afternoon for several days,of course half the full time RV'ers are in the area this time of year so the network be be overworked. I also have a Verizon Mifi for backup.both work great.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:05 PM   #50

ATT recently pushed a 2 hour max Keep Alive

If you intend to use this outside of your auto it will turn off 2 hours after it detects no motion.
DanHerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 04:39 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHerbert View Post
If you intend to use this outside of your auto it will turn off 2 hours after it detects no motion.
That was internet hype that I believed, it didn't happen. Mine is active 24/7 in the MH while in storage monitoring all the systems. I have to reboot it maybe every 6 weeks. Just checked, it's been online, not moving, for about 3 weeks now.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #52

I assume since this is cellular based that the Mobley has a SIM card in it?
Old 01-31-2019, 05:16 PM   #53

Just got off the phone with ATT and got mine ordered. Called the number above and got the marketing department. Took a bit of time to go through the process but it's on the way!

We have Directv so already have an account setup with them. Saved a few steps.

Will be nice to avoid the overages with our Verizon data plan. I know they definitely choke the speed down as soon as we hit the data cap on their unlimited plan.
IDTag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Here is what I did about an hour ago..

1. Called 855-894-9945
2. The answering Rep indicated I needed to speak to their DMDR (Marketing) Dept.
3. Explained I wanted (another) Mobley.
4. Asked for the 24 month contract no-cost Mobley.
5. Asked for the $49 Activation fee to be waived as we are long term AT&T customers.
6. Completed administrative actions and finished transaction.

Once we receive our Mobley, I will activate it using one of 2 methods:

1. Calling 866-895-1099, enter phone number assigned to Mobley and follow prompts.

Or

2. Go Online to: Att.com/activations , enter Phone number associated with Mobley and follow prompts.

I hope this helps,

-Matt

EDIT: I want to start out by saying, I was on the fence on the first Mobley deal, I waited, waited. At that time, we had the grandfathered Verizon Unlimited Plan so wasn't sure if I wanted to add even a $20/mo expense. Fast Forward, Verizon's service hasn't been all that it had been, regretted not jumping on that original deal within a few months of that Mobley deal ending. Don't hesitate, read this and call.

So did basically the same thing but didn't go so smoothly at first.

I did watch the video in Post #7 first.

First call, told Rep I wanted the Unlimited Connected Car Data Plan for the Mobley. $20 per month for 24 months, free Mobley. Rep Transferred me. I hung up!

Second Call, Rep knew about the Promo. Half way through order disconnect but Rep called right back. Near end right before getting new mobile number for new line, disconnect.. no call back.

Third and Fourth call, Reps wanted to transfer. Hung Up!

Final Call, Rep said he could search for the Promo, found it right off the bat. Had to go through all the stuff again but got new mobile number and ID # at the end, right after I accepted the terms that were emailed.

We do not have AT&T Wireless but do have DirecTv. So they pulled credit from our DirecTV Account (both times). Of course wanted to get our other mobile phone business, not at this time I said.

Second call was about 15 minutes. Final Call was about 25 minutes, perhaps longer since not AT&T Wireless customers before. Said, you qualify for 5 lines, you sure you don't want me to go over plans for your mobile phones

I did get nervous when I got the "Required acceptance of Terms & Conditions before order shipment" email.

It had:
Quote:

Agreements
Term of Service 24 month term

One-Time Charges
Phone/Device:
ZTE Mobley, $150.00
Activation Fee or Upgrade Fee
$45.00

Monthly Plan Charges Voice Plan
unlimited domestic data usage for connected car $40, $20.00
Data Plan
N/A, N/A
Additional Features
CHT, $0.00
CRT, $0.00
DB00O, $0.00
GSMUSAELA, $0.00
OFFGSM79O, $0.00
UNLMSGSO, $0.00
Looks like I am paying $150 up front. Rep didn't show Activation Fee, said I could call and ask for Activation Fee credit once I activate.

Asked a couple more times, I am not paying $150 for the Mobley, it is free with the 24 month commitment (assuming I pay each month for 24 months). He said Yes, no charge for the Mobley Device each time.

15 minutes later, received the Order Update Email which had:
Quote:
ZTE Mobley - Black

Expected shipment date:
Between 2/1/2019 and 2/5/2019

$0.00 paid in full
Hopefully activation will go well and billing properly. Wanted to lock in 24 months at $20/month. - 14 days to cancel once I receive it.

Now need to find 115v adapter and Auto Accessory 12v Power Adapter for the Mobley now to.

So the Data Plan is N/A, but has this option? UNLMSGSO - that seems to be messaging.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:05 PM   #55

Spartan Chassis
Thanks to Matt D and brobox for the heads up. I missed it the last time but just got mine ordered!

Has anyone found a good OBD-II to USB adapter? I'm going to need one as my VMSPEC is using my one OBD-II plug.
2023 F-150 Towed
rag_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:21 PM   #56

There are two other options to purchase the Mobley, $7.50 per month for 20 months (no service contract) or pay $150 upfront (no service contract).

However, there is one drawback to those. AT&T can change the monthly service rate.

I asked several times, the final Rep said the $20/mo Service will be for 24 months with the 24 month/free Mobley Promo.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote