Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Mike,

That looks like a winner!

The box in the picture says "Output = 14vdc" Should be good enough to keep the Mobley awake based on info from the other thread.

Have you confirmed that output voltage on your unit?

Only other thing I'd be worried about are some of the negative reviews where folks complain about not getting the same item shown in the photos (and they have pictures to prove it).

Thanks for the link.

Bill B
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #100

Country Coach Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
For as much as you are getting for $20. a month, I sure wouldn't complain about an activation fee. Verizon even charged that for my new phone and I am a 20 year customer.
I agree.
CntryCoachRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Mike,

That looks like a winner!

The box in the picture says "Output = 14vdc" Should be good enough to keep the Mobley awake based on info from the other thread.

Have you confirmed that output voltage on your unit?

Only other thing I'd be worried about are some of the negative reviews where folks complain about not getting the same item shown in the photos (and they have pictures to prove it).

Thanks for the link.

Bill B
I sent a message this morning asking what the output voltage is to the seller (Zim-5):

Quote:
Our adapter works just over 13 volts. when we designed it we knew that if the voltage was close to 12 volts it could cause the devise to go to sleep. Geoff
I would think we want to be in the mid range or 13.6v.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #102

WOW, already received my Mobley, it was overnighted.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
Old 02-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #103

I am doing some testing today using a bench top variable power supply to power the new Mobley set to time out after 30 minutes, so far it is shutting down as about 31 minutes with voltages up to 12.9VDC, I am testing at 13.1VDC right now. For those that are curious the amp draw seems to fluctuate between 40 - 290 ma with 1 wifi connection with little reasoning other than it averages towards the upper 1/3 of that range while doing a fast.com speed test with 1 wifi connection.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #104

Still shutting down on 30 minute timeout at 13.1V giving up for tonight, will get back to testing over the weekend
Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #105

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Follow-up

Mobley arrived a few days after I posted my comments above.

Now that I've got this thing there's one thing I wish I'd known before I purchased. The Auto Shut off feature is annoying. It was originally set to 30 minutes, and I changed it to 2:00 hours. There is no longer a "Never Shutoff" option as of firmware update 1.0.3 .

This was not what I thought I was signing up for.

Sorry.. . a little frustrated and just needed to vent!

If anyone has clear advice on how to resolve the 2 hour time out. . . I'm all ears!
Have you tried it yet? I have the firmware update 1.0.3 ad has not timed out yet since all the internet hype 6 months ago. It's on 24/7 monitoring my MH while it's in storage.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Follow-up

Mobley arrived a few days after I posted my comments above.

Others say to just pull the SIM card and put it in a NetGear Unite Explore hotspot. But AT&T now locks the SIM. This leads to discussions of PUKs and PINs in SIMs and no clear advice on how to obtain or change any of these.

This was not what I thought I was signing up for.

Sorry.. . a little frustrated and just needed to vent!

If anyone has clear advice on how to resolve the 2 hour time out. . . I'm all ears!
Have you tried it yet? I have the firmware update 1.0.3, it has not timed out yet since all the internet hype 6 months ago. It's on 24/7 monitoring my MH while it's in storage.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #107

Quote:
For as much as you are getting for $20. a month, I sure wouldn't complain about an activation fee. Verizon even charged that for my new phone and I am a 20 year customer.
They tried that crap with me and lost a customer for life after having 3 phones with them for over 15 years.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #108

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
They tried that crap with me and lost a customer for life after having 3 phones with them for over 15 years.
One less using the bandwidth I remember when cell phones were free with a 2 year renewal, not anymore. One could move to one of the "free" phone carries, but they do not work well once leaving the Interstates.

BTW, with paying the new activation fee my bill for 2 phone went down from $134 per mo to $80. with unlimited talk and text which I didn't have before. Well worth the $45. activation fee for the new phone and plan.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #109

Quote:
One less using the bandwidth I remember when cell phones were free with a 2 year renewal, not anymore. One could move to one of the "free" phone carries, but they do not work well once leaving the Interstates.

BTW, with paying the new activation fee my bill for 2 phone went down from $134 per mo to $80. with unlimited talk and text which I didn't have before. Well worth the $45.
Actually, that's 3 less people using the Verizon bandwidth.

Now-a-days we have unlimited talk/text and 8 Gb data per phone that rolls over monthly and pay $70 per month total for 2 phones on AT&T which also allows tethering data from the phones. Never an activation fee when upgrading the phones.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:12 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Once we receive our Mobley, I will activate it using one of 2 methods:

1. Calling 866-895-1099, enter phone number assigned to Mobley and follow prompts.

Or

2. Go Online to: Att.com/activations , enter Phone number associated with Mobley and follow prompts.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
I'm going to activate ours tomorrow morning. Sounds like we have to get the proper SIM info to AT&T as they will not have the right info in their system to what was shipped - common issue I guess. I don't want to try tonight with the night shift Reps.

Is this the number everyone is using to activate their Mobley: 866-895-1099

If not, what other number?

Old 02-01-2019, 09:15 PM   #111

I used the number from the pop up window at the AT&T online activation page sorry I don't recall the number off hand. Though it did take a few rounds to get the customer rep to understand the problem and to understand that the Mobley does not have a keyboard or a display.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryCoachRV View Post
Rick said he nor his supervisor weren’t authorized to waive the activation fee, he suggested calling customer service after I receive the Mobley device and ask for waiver. I will try that.
Ray, they told me that too, I said, well, that is a deal breaker. I'm not paying the activation fee now on a "possibility" that customer service "might" waive it down the road, so we need to get that settled right now.

On a side note. I asked and was told that I had 14 days to cancel the order. When asked when the 14 days started, I was told from the day I ordered . . . That is incorrect. The terms and conditions clearly state that the 14 days begin when the device(s) is activated by the customer . . .sooooo, if it takes 7 days to get to you, two days for you to get around to activating, instead of the 5 days remaining they would like you to THINK you have, you actually have 14 days from when you activate, per the T&C.

Ray, I would call Customer service now, tell them you want the activation fees waived, if they say no, ask to be transferred to the Loyalty Dept. If THEY say no as well, tell them that you are going to refuse to accept the devices when they arrive, and cancel your service. If you have to go that far, they will probably waive the activation fee at that point.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote