Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2019, 06:50 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
Still shutting down on 30 minute timeout at 13.1V giving up for tonight, will get back to testing over the weekend

Isaac,

Thanks for doing this test. I think you’re going at this thing the right way.

I’m anxious to see what the results are.

I’m thinking you’ll get up to 13.6v or higher before you see any results.

Keep us posted.

Bill B
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #114

Mobley

Is this the same as a jetpack, I traveled for work and had internet at all times, with a jetpack. Im with Verizon and with a jetpack at $10.00 a month I had internet and I could watch netflix or any movies so is this different?

Thank you
Ray3
treasurehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #115

Is the Mobley the same as a jetpack?

Thank you
Ray
treasurehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Have you tried it yet? I have the firmware update 1.0.3 ad has not timed out yet since all the internet hype 6 months ago. It's on 24/7 monitoring my MH while it's in storage.
Yes.. . I've had it a couple of days now and have tried it connected to my laptop and to my iPhone. It still times out at whatever I set to timeout to (30 min or 2 hours).

Right now I'm not loving it.

The speed is just about awful, but I do live just at the fringe of the closest cell tower. SpeedTest shows I'm only getting 1-2Mbps Down and .25Mbps Up.

Doing a Speedtest on my iPhone from the same spot I'm getting 8-9Mbps Down and 2Mbps Up.

I'm already thinking about just pulling the SIM card and putting it in a NetGear Nighthawk LTE. Just more money!
Old 02-02-2019, 10:19 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
Is the Mobley the same as a jetpack?

Thank you
Ray
Ray,

The idea is the same. Mobil Internet access, but it's not the same as a JetPack.

This device is designed to plug into the OBDII Diagnostic port on you 1996 or newer gasoline automobile. The idea was to give people without onboard wifi, an aftermarket device to add Wifi to their older car. The only thing it gets from the diagnostic port is power, so it's not like it's tracking how fast you drive.

AT&T offered this device with an inexpensive, unlimited data plan ($20 p/mo), probably thinking that most folks wouldn't use much data driving around in the car.

It didn't take long for the RV community to figure out if they could somehow hook it up to 12vdc power, they could have cheap, unlimited data in their RV (that's what I'm trying to do).

Back to your question. . .
This device can work like your JetPack, but you'll need to purchase a separate power adapter like the one CountryB tell us works on his:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This of course is not going to be quite as mobile as the JetPack, but will allow you to have Internet access anywhere you can plug in, and also have cell service.

Hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Bill B
Old 02-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #118

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Yes.. . I've had it a couple of days now and have tried it connected to my laptop and to my iPhone. It still times out at whatever I set to timeout to (30 min or 2 hours).

Right now I'm not loving it.

The speed is just about awful, but I do live just at the fringe of the closest cell tower. SpeedTest shows I'm only getting 1-2Mbps Down and .25Mbps Up.

Doing a Speedtest on my iPhone from the same spot I'm getting 8-9Mbps Down and 2Mbps Up.

I'm already thinking about just pulling the SIM card and putting it in a NetGear Nighthawk LTE. Just more money!
That would cause it not to work well. Have you driven to a better location? Same results?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:06 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That would cause it not to work well. Have you driven to a better location? Same results?

No. Haven’t tried a different location yet.

Right now I’m trying to see if I keep the Mobley with an active connection if it will continue to work without going to sleep. I connected one of the tv’s to it and am streaming a long movie off Netflix. Got about 30 more minutes before it hits the 2 hour shutoff.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:17 PM   #120

I hooked up a phone vibrator and solved the shut-off problem. Any motion of the Mobley resets the 2 hour keep alive.
DanHerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:24 PM   #121

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHerbert View Post
I hooked up a phone vibrator and solved the shut-off problem. Any motion of the Mobley resets the 2 hour keep alive.
I have still not had a problem with 2 hour shut downs. Six weeks since I reset and it is still monitoring the systems in my MH while in storage connected to the Vega Touch via wifi.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #122

Using the variable bench power supply, the minimum voltage I have found that seems to prevent time out shutdown with a stationary Mobley is 15.0VDC, it shuts down after 30 minutes at 14.8VDC and all test voltages I tried below that. I will do more to confirm this in the next few days.

Additionally movement, voltage stability, AC ripple and or position (right side up vs upside down) may play a role in Mobley shutdown, as I have my test Mobley set to 30 minute time out currently connected to a USB to 12VDC adapter powered by a USB battery pack and it is running over 30 minutes now with 11.87VDC output, the first 20 minutes were in a moving car.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #123

I received my 2nd mobley this week. The unit came SIM pin locked, which meant I could not use in my Pepwave Max BR router. I was able to work around by entering in the wrong SIM PIN unlock code 3 times, which locked the SIM. I tried getting the PUK codes to unlock the SIM, but they would not give them to me. Instead, I went to the ATT store, paid $5 for a new sim which comes unlocked by default.

Really important: DO NOT PUT BACK IN THE MOBLEY! It runs a newer firmware which may re-lock the SIM.

Regards
xtechgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:00 PM   #124

Although I don’t have the Mobley, I have the T-Mobile Sync-Up, we purchased the AC adaptor from Peralta Products (they also have the adaptor for AT&T). On their FAQ page of their website they address the auto shut down. Scroll down to the AT&T section of the FAQs.

FAQ

Q: How to turn off the timeout option in my Mobley?

A: Use any computer and go to the mobley device website: http://attwifimanager. Then
Settings>advanced>Power Save > Choose no Timeout

By the way I had some issues with the adaptor but Peralta was fantastic helping to resolve!!

We’ve had our Sync-Up about six months and are very pleased!!!

Hope this helps!!
Old 02-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtechgeek View Post
I received my 2nd mobley this week. The unit came SIM pin locked, which meant I could not use in my Pepwave Max BR router. I was able to work around by entering in the wrong SIM PIN unlock code 3 times, which locked the SIM. I tried getting the PUK codes to unlock the SIM, but they would not give them to me. Instead, I went to the ATT store, paid $5 for a new sim which comes unlocked by default.

Really important: DO NOT PUT BACK IN THE MOBLEY! It runs a newer firmware which may re-lock the SIM.

Regards

That’s interesting. I just got my Mobley a few days ago. Based on what I read on RV Mobile Internet Resource Center, I went ahead and contacted AT&T Support via their chat support. I was able to get my PUK 1 and PUK 2 codes. So I guess it depends on which rep answers the phone or chat.

I am curious, you say you entered your PIN 3 times. How does that work exactly. I’ve never done it before. Do you mean you were doing this on your Pepwave? Do it have a touch screen for entry, or do you access the Pepwave via a browser address?

One last question. Has AT&T ever given you any trouble about using the Mobley SIM in your Pepwave?

Thanks!

Bill B
Old 02-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHerbert View Post
I'll bite. What is a "phone vibrator" ?