Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 04:10 PM   #197

It is a special offer sent out to owners of Chrysler vehicles, though so far (or at least when I ordered one for a relative last week) they are not asking for any type of confirmation, VIN, etc.

Ike
p.s. we do own Chrysler vehicles, and my wife's 2017 Jeep Cherokee is one of the types vehicles that the letter was sent out to.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 06:10 PM   #198

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
It is a special offer sent out to owners of Chrysler vehicles, though so far (or at least when I ordered one for a relative last week) they are not asking for any type of confirmation, VIN, etc.

Ike
p.s. we do own Chrysler vehicles, and my wife's 2017 Jeep Cherokee is one of the types vehicles that the letter was sent out to.
When I was on the phone a few days ago trying to get the device activated, I was asked for info about what the vehicle I own. I have a 2014 Jeep GC, as well as a motorhome on a Freightliner chassis, if that counts. But the Jeep info was all they needed.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #199

Like others... I got my Mobley last week. The CSR knew exactly what I was talking about, and never asked for a VIN.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesteader View Post
After all your work, I certainly hope everything goes well for you. I Would like to hear more about the FMCA plan. As an alternative. And as for the AT&T SPARKS, it doesn't seem like a device for internet service when you read up. Also the reviews are not good for that device.
This is currently a better plan than the FMCA plan.

It's the Verizon Prepaid unlimited plan. It's $65 a month, but there is no cap. They may reduce your speeds if there is network congestion, but people are having really good luck with this.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/ Scroll down to Jet pack area.

With the FMCA plan, it's a two year commitment and $50 a month. It's good for 25 GB in a month and after that point they cap you at an unusable 128kb. This is a good plan for email and browsing, but you will quickly use up the 25 GB with any significant amount of streaming. For instance, I streamed the Jack Ryan series on Amazon last fall and during the 8th episode I hit the 15 GB point on my work hotspot and got capped at 600k (the work one has a higher throttle than the FMCA hot spot).

You can eek out a little more time if you make sure to set your resolution low on Netflix, Amazon, Roku, etc., but point is, 25 GB will only be good for fairly limited streaming.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:43 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
This is currently a better plan than the FMCA plan.

It's the Verizon Prepaid unlimited plan. It's $65 a month, but there is no cap. They may reduce your speeds if there is network congestion, but people are having really good luck with this.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/ Scroll down to Jet pack area.

With the FMCA plan, it's a two year commitment and $50 a month. It's good for 25 GB in a month and after that point they cap you at an unusable 128kb. This is a good plan for email and browsing, but you will quickly use up the 25 GB with any significant amount of streaming. For instance, I streamed the Jack Ryan series on Amazon last fall and during the 8th episode I hit the 15 GB point on my work hotspot and got capped at 600k (the work one has a higher throttle than the FMCA hot spot).

You can eek out a little more time if you make sure to set your resolution low on Netflix, Amazon, Roku, etc., but point is, 25 GB will only be good for fairly limited streaming.

I just noticed the following on that VZW PrePaid JetPack Unlimited Plan:

Quote:
Plus save $20/mo with a Family Plan
We have two phones (each Paid Off last month) on VZW Post Paid, I'm going to call to see if I can get a JetPack and that PrePaid Unlimited Plan for $40 or if you have to be on the PrePaid Family plans.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #202

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
I just noticed the following on that VZW PrePaid JetPack Unlimited Plan:

We have two phones on VZW Post Paid, I'm going to call to see if I can get a JetPack and that PrePaid Unlimited Plan for $40 or if you have to be on the PrePaid Family plans.

Yes you can as long as the phones were purchased outright or are paid off. We're still paying for our phones, otherwise I would have switched them over.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #203

Updated my post above, yes both paid off last month.

On the phone with them now (on hold), Post Paid is transferring me to PrePaid but Post Paid Rep said the PrePaid Rep won't see my Post Paid account.

VZW is being aggressive on their PrePaid Phone Plan Pricing, seems less than what we are paying for Post Paid.

I could have one Prepaid 15GB and one 3GB and add the Unlimited Jetpack PrePaid for about the same as my Post Paid.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Granning Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
Old 02-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #204

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Updated my post above, yes both paid off last month.

On the phone with them now (on hold), Post Paid is transferring me to PrePaid but Post Paid Rep said the PrePaid Rep won't see my Post Paid account.

VZW is being aggressive on their PrePaid Phone Plan Pricing, seems less than what we are paying for Post Paid.

I could have one Prepaid 15GB and one 3GB and add the Unlimited Jetpack PrePaid for about the same as my Post Paid.

There will probably push you to purchase a 8800L jetpack, but if you have a 7730L, I would suggest refusing it as there's not that much difference and my 7730L is running fine.

Also if they tell you there is an activation fee. Ask them to waive it and if they don't then tell them you're going to hold off and think about the change. They should waive it at that point.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #205

Well, she is actually encouraging me to go to our local VZW Corporate store, they handle the free Sim swap and can I walk out with a new Jetpack (if I want a new one).

However, you can't have Post Paid Family Plans for the additional $20 JetPack Unlimited Plan discount ($45/mo total with AutoPay). You need to have PrePaid Family Plan.

But, for the same price we are paying for two phones on Post Paid, I can get two 15GB PrePaid (phones) and the unlimited JetPack for the same price, maybe $3 more.

She is also telling me that PrePaid LTE High Speed data is not prioritized less than the Post Paid LTE data customers (except the Above Unlimited, they get a higher Priority).

I read some past posts where some claim that PrePaid has less Priority than Post Paid.

Also looking at Visible for the phones (not available for Galaxy S7's yet) but that unlimited no throttle PrePaid JetPack Plan may sway me that way.

One JetPack / VZW and One Mobley / AT&T now (Nighthawk soon) - decisions, decisions

My Post Paid account is from 1991, not sure why I care and want to hold onto it, loyalty not getting me much these days. DirecTv the same way, can't wait to get rid of them totally one day.

Thank you for posting, I probably would not have checked VZW PrePaid anytime soon.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #206

Quote:
Well, she is actually encouraging me to go to our local VZW Corporate store, they handle the free Sim swap and can I walk out with a new Jetpack (if I want a new one).

However, you can't have Post Paid Family Plans for the additional $20 JetPack Unlimited Plan discount ($45/mo total with AutoPay). You need to have PrePaid Family Plan.

But, for the same price we are paying for two phones on Post Paid, I can get two 15GB PrePaid (phones) and the unlimited JetPack for the same price, maybe $3 more.

She is also telling me that PrePaid LTE High Speed data is not prioritized less than the Post Paid LTE data customers (except the Above Unlimited, they get a higher Priority).

I read some past posts where some claim that PrePaid has less Priority than Post Paid.

Also looking at Visible for the phones (not available for Galaxy S7's yet) but that unlimited no throttle PrePaid JetPack Plan may sway me that way.

One JetPack / VZW and One Mobley / AT&T now (Nighthawk soon) - decisions, decisions

My Post Paid account is from 1991, not sure why I care and want to hold onto it, loyalty not getting me much these days. DirecTv the same way, can't wait to get rid of them totally one day.

Thank you for posting, I probably would not have checked VZW PrePaid anytime soon.

Just posted to tell you this and then deleted when I got to the point you said you already went to the store. lol

I don't think she told you 100% correct on the prioritization.

For instance, I have a 15GB hotspot and as verizon and our corporate rep has told me, that 15GB is guaranteed LTE speed, with no network management.

Most of the Verizon and ATT unlimited plans are * with after 15, 25 or 22 gig in ATT's case, speeds may be reduced in times of congestion. They claim that you get high speed data up to that 22 or 25GB point, and then "may" be networked managed based on congestion.

With the prepaid plan, there is no upper limit, but you "may" be networked managed from the first byte of data. From the reports I've read on here, few are experiencing any, or much, network management (slowed speeds).

For me, an ideal combo is a Mobley and Verizon prepaid. Two non capped devices, and regardless of where you are, chances are you will have a solid ATT or Verizon signal.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #207

I ordered my Mobley on Wednesday evening, and it arrived today (Friday). I wired it up to a 12V power supply, plugged it in, and it worked right out of the box.

Like some others here have posted, the "Wireless Number" listed on the "About Your Mobile Hotspot" page did not match the number on the box. However, instead of causing me to have difficulty activating the device, it turned out that it was already activated. All I did was plug it in, and I'm making this post through my new Mobley!
Old 02-08-2019, 06:26 PM   #208

Quote:
Just posted to tell you this and then deleted when I got to the point you said you already went to the store. lol
I have not gone to their store yet, she thought that would be best for me and our phones.

I was reading the following thread, a Hotspot Prepaid user did 273GB's his fist month with no slowdowns (others saying they did 500GB's their first month):

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...rizon_prepaid/

Quote:
For me, an ideal combo is a Mobley and Verizon prepaid. Two non capped devices, and regardless of where you are, chances are you will have a solid ATT or Verizon signal.
Starting to think so and from reading, the JetPack model you have seems to be ideal vs the newer one (unless I can get the newer one for the same price).

Old 02-08-2019, 06:44 PM   #209

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathComp View Post
I ordered my Mobley on Wednesday evening, and it arrived today (Friday). I wired it up to a 12V power supply, plugged it in, and it worked right out of the box.

Like some others here have posted, the "Wireless Number" listed on the "About Your Mobile Hotspot" page did not match the number on the box. However, instead of causing me to have difficulty activating the device, it turned out that it was already activated. All I did was plug it in, and I'm making this post through my new Mobley!

If the numbers don’t match...it will probably stop working and you will need to get a new sim and have it attached to your account. Been there. Done that.
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
If the numbers don’t match...it will probably stop working and you will need to get a new sim and have it attached to your account. Been there. Done that.

Ah! Makes sense. How long did your last before it stopped working?