Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
rvbw1 stated that the air conditioners are quieter on the 13's compared to the 11. What is different about them, and how much quieter are they? Thanks
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #16

I am very much aware that discounts are pretty much irrelevant when you have a trade. The only number that matters is what do I have to write the check for! I've bought and sold and traded enough vehicles to know that you look around and become as well educated as you can about the vehicle you are looking at and the one you are getting rid of. When we looked at a Tiffin before we bought the Berkshire we had one of those idiot dealers who plays the make me an offer game. So I made him an offer and he got all huffy at my offer.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #17

Not sure anyone can beat MHSRV in Texas. If so would like to know... thanks
Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon4 View Post
Not sure anyone can beat MHSRV in Texas. If so would like to know... thanks

RVOne beat MHSRV by about $7,000 on our Berkshire. We found their pricing to be nothing special. Their after sale service seems to have a really bad reputation. RVOne has gone out of their way for us.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
"Not sure anyone can beat MHSRV in Texas. If so would like to know... thanks"

And I'll say that I beat their online quote price by a bunch with RVone. Their online quote was about $2K higher than the "special" sale price that RVone had on their models at Hershey (that was pre-Oct price increase as was my understanding) and the MHSRV's at the quote I was looking at in Sep 12 did not have the Girard awnings option...for a total of about $10K more.

That said, both MHSRV and RVone pricing was prior to "negotiation". As mentioned previously, never got to the negotiation stage with LD or MHSRV; however, I did have to take a future delivery, and the wait is tooouuughhhh!!!

So if LD or MHSRV has large stock...which seems suspect as hot as these units are, and the cost of money to have them on the lot seeking some type of higher price seems a little strange. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #20

I would certainly not want to pay MHS floor plan if they've got 65 Entegras on the lot. If the average dealer cost of those units are $300,000 and they are paying only 4% on their floor plan that would be $65,000 a month. You've got to sell a lot of iron to make just the floor plan interest and still have to cover the other overhead.

Kind of odd when you look at the "Big 3" of Entegra sales. If the numbers are correct, and MHS has some 65 on the lot and LD has what looks a dozen on the lot while RVOne has maybe three on all four of their lots, then who is really selling these units? I know that almost every one of the used units that RVOne has taken in trade has been sold before they ever even get to the lot and there is a waiting list for new units. Kind of makes me think that some of MHS and LD's claims are more hot air than reality.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I would certainly not want to pay MHS floor plan if they've got 65 Entegras on the lot. If the average dealer cost of those units are $300,000 and they are paying only 4% on their floor plan that would be $65,000 a month. You've got to sell a lot of iron to make just the floor plan interest and still have to cover the other overhead.

Kind of odd when you look at the "Big 3" of Entegra sales. If the numbers are correct, and MHS has some 65 on the lot and LD has what looks a dozen on the lot while RVOne has maybe three on all four of their lots, then who is really selling these units? I know that almost every one of the used units that RVOne has taken in trade has been sold before they ever even get to the lot and there is a waiting list for new units. Kind of makes me think that some of MHS and LD's claims are more hot air than reality.
Seems like a pretty conservative cost of money ... I did get wind twice in the past week that one of the big three might be headed to Chapter 11 ... but that rumor and a quarter will now barely cover the tax on a cup of coffee, Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, and soon probably McCafe!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #22

Dave, I'm basing the 4% on what one of my clients, a heavy equipment dealer, is paying. His cheapest floor plan is 4% and another one is 5%. Another major factor here is that many times a dealer has to pay 10% of the cost up front so that the dealer has some skin in the game. Getting back to an inventory of 65 Entegras at $300,000 each, that would translate to almost $2 million up front.

If one of the two heavy inventoried dealers were to go down it would create a very interesting and buyer friendly environment when all of those inventoried units would dump onto the market. Although, Chapter 11 is not a liquidation, but rather a reorganization which means not much would happen from a buyers perspective initially.

Ed
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #23

Would that be a lazy wind blowing?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Dave, I'm basing the 4% on what one of my clients, a heavy equipment dealer, is paying. His cheapest floor plan is 4% and another one is 5%. Another major factor here is that many times a dealer has to pay 10% of the cost up front so that the dealer has some skin in the game. Getting back to an inventory of 65 Entegras at $300,000 each, that would translate to almost $2 million up front.

If one of the two heavy inventoried dealers were to go down it would create a very interesting and buyer friendly environment when all of those inventoried units would dump onto the market. Although, Chapter 11 is not a liquidation, but rather a reorganization which means not much would happen from a buyers perspective initially.

Ed
These higher numbers are a little closer to what I had heard, but I have little up close and personal experience, just an MBA along the way. Inventory on site is a tough business model, and while many of us lament the wait, or the lack of a specific floor plan being available at the time we choose to jump, the economics point to something more "just in time" on orders and deliveries.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
If anyone is interested the cost of an Anthem to the dealer is around 287,900 dollars.
they are making a killing on pre-orders that they don't have to keep on the lot. I have gotten this figure from the RV Guru and it has helped me to negotiate.
Linda
tamaridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #26

Wasn't familiar w/ RV-Guru. It appears to be a multi-level marketing scheme that chooses to use RV pricing as its means to make it money.

Why exactly do you believe they would know what a dealer pays for a coach? Are you a member that "sells" the claims they make and profits from it?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
"If anyone is interested the cost of an Anthem to the dealer is around 287,900 dollars.
they are making a killing on pre-orders that they don't have to keep on the lot. I have gotten this figure from the RV Guru and it has helped me to negotiate. "

I have heard and seen several estimates as to what a dealer pays for the Entegra Anthem...pre-Oct. A number in that vicinity would not be a surprise.

As to dealer profit, f it is a correct number, and the salesperson gets a commission somewhere in the vicinity of what a real estate person gets for the sale, less the dollars that the dealer must spend servicing the coach, and paying for some stock on site, I guess I can't begrudge the dealer a gross profit of 10-15% before expenses.

I sense a touch of negative in the comment...I see little to suggest anything other than the cost of doing business. Unlike car and truck sales where dealers get return from the manufacturer for high quality ratings in service and volume over the year, the dealer stands on what he makes on each coach. The old adage is if it was easy money then everyone would have a dealership
Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #28

Doesn't a dealer get a grace period in floor plan financing before interest starts? I th
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote