Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #1

2011 Anthem at Lazydays

Lazydays has a 2011 Anthem 44SL for sale. I've talked to them about the unit, but my real question is what is on the 2013's that would make them superior to the 2011? What would make me cough up an extra $40k or so for a 2013/2014 than the 2011?

Ed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Lazydays has a 2011 Anthem 44SL for sale. I've talked to them about the unit, but my real question is what is on the 2013's that would make them superior to the 2011? What would make me cough up an extra $40k or so for a 2013/2014 than the 2011?

Ed
Think about it...if the price for a 13 or 14 is only $40K more, there are trying to sell an 11 at the price a new Anthem was at prior to the Oct price increase, IMO.

I don't know what price they are quoting, but I think new is somewhere in the $330-340 area. If they are asking $290, IMO that has to be way high, or we are going to love our lack of appreciation. Am I missing something here.

On the other hand, several have posted here that they think LD may be asking high...maybe you could get them to come down...although, several have indicated they would match RVone's price for new.

Raises a lot of questions in my mind, particularly after my recent stay at LD. If it is a copper or brown color scheme, I may have seen it on the lot...if I remember, it was on consignment...so that may explain the asking price, someone may be upside down.

Just some thoughts. Maybe a good buy but I'd probably spend new if it was only $40K more and they won't come down. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #3

2013*Entegra Coach*Anthem 44SL w/4 Slides*listed on RVOnline.com -RVs for Sale

2011*Entetra*Anthem 44RBQ w/4 Slides*listed on RVOnline.com -RVs for Sale

2011 Anthem vs. 2013

Awning package is wonderful vs. the 2011 Anthem
Larger front end. 14.5k to 16.5k
315 tires, I've heard that Entegra will upgrade them for you.
A/C systems are now quieter
LED lights now (just changed mine over to LED @ Ebay, works great)
All Electric Package was an option in 2011.
12kw Geni vs 10kw
Nicer tile floor now with glass inserts
Larger Kitchen counter with a large pull-out counter.

Above are two links of Used Anthem's for sale now. One is a 2013!

Good luck.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #4

You can buy a new Anthem for about 305-310k max, there are a number of changes between a 2011-2013 model years........only you can decide if you can live without those changes..... Me? It would have to be a heck of a deal to buy the 2011
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
Community Administrator

The going price seems to be about 444,000.

310,000 would be about 30% discount. That sounds hefty to me. Good luck if you can get it.

http://lazydays.com/AdvancedSearchRe...pe=A&sType=eis

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
The going price seems to be about 444,000.

310,000 would be about 30% discount. That sounds hefty to me. Good luck if you can get it.

Search Motorhomes For Sale - Lazydays.com

Cliff
Actually 30% off is pretty much the standard rate for a Anthem, 32-33% for the Cornerstone.......Been shopping around, best offer so far I have recieved is a little over 32% off MSRP for an Anthem. Cash offer, no trade....figure another 1-2% off is there from the right dealer...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
You can buy a new Anthem for about 305-310k max, there are a number of changes between a 2011-2013 model years........only you can decide if you can live without those changes..... Me? It would have to be a heck of a deal to buy the 2011
In another thread, another poster suggested, in so many words, the price might be a little higher after the Oct price increase. Also indicated that LD couldn't match a price in that range. Are you suggesting LD is selling at that level. Had and different person indicate suggest that their recent dealings with LD were at a higher price point than that as well.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
In another thread, another poster suggested, in so many words, the price might be a little higher after the Oct price increase. Also indicated that LD couldn't match a price in that range. Are you suggesting LD is selling at that level. Had and different person indicate suggest that their recent dealings with LD were at a higher price point than that as well.
I have not dealt with LD lately so I am not familiar with their bottom line prices. I do know LD was doing around that 30% off at last years show on the Anthem models. I will be at the supershow again next week and will discuss an offer with them at that time. Only then will I be able to answer your question pertaining to today's market discounts being offered by LD on the Entegra models. The other offers I have recieved from other various Entegra dealers have all been within the last three weeks or so and none of them have been less then 30% off
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Plan on being there as well, but already got mine at a price I was happy with from RVone. Good luck!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Plan on being there as well, but already got mine at a price I was happy with from RVone. Good luck!
That's great to hear!!! I'm still undecided which way I am going to go. Be it the Anthem, Cornerstone or something totally different. Heck it's all going to come down to what the wife likes the best anyway.....lol
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club

Now, that's the way it works...if you can go all the way up to the Cornerstone, think you're fixed. That'll get you a lot of coach at the price point
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #12

Yeah the Cornerstone is nice and would love to have the K3 but other then that Entegra is just not showing me anything thing else that would make me spend the extra $$$$ to move up to the Cornerstone over the Anthem at this time..... I like the Entegra product but the same tired old floor plans are holding me back right now. I figure I have another six months before I have to buy, I hope Entegra releases some new floor plans by then or I might have to step back and go another direction
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #13

I talked to LD and gave them a low ball number to see what they would come back with. They dropped their trade price by $10,000 but seemed very insulted that I would try to get the unit for what I feel is a more logical number than their number. I asked about trading for a 2013/2014 and they haven't yet responded which makes me think that they don't want to talk to you unless they can get their price.

Personally I have dealt with Mark Strollo at RVOne and Mark and his company have always been excellent to deal with. As far as I'm concerned RVOne would always be my first choice.

Thanks for the input on the differences in the 2011 and 2013 Anthems. I think the 2013 makes more sense than the '11, but if there wasn't much for a difference then I would have to consider the used unit. It sounds like the differences are sufficient enough to look to the new unit.

Ed
Old 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I talked to LD and gave them a low ball number to see what they would come back with. They dropped their trade price by $10,000 but seemed very insulted that I would try to get the unit for what I feel is a more logical number than their number. I asked about trading for a 2013/2014 and they haven't yet responded which makes me think that they don't want to talk to you unless they can get their price.

Personally I have dealt with Mark Strollo at RVOne and Mark and his company have always been excellent to deal with. As far as I'm concerned RVOne would always be my first choice.

Thanks for the input on the differences in the 2011 and 2013 Anthems. I think the 2013 makes more sense than the '11, but if there wasn't much for a difference then I would have to consider the used unit. It sounds like the differences are sufficient enough to look to the new unit.

Ed
Ed getting the 30% off number is no problem elsewhere but now if you are trying to work a deal with a trade-in then all bets are off and the final numbers can and will be all over the board. LD just like any other large RV dealer operates like a large auto dealer.... They make their true sales money off the sale of used units. They can flip the numbers anyway the customer wants but bottom line is any dealer is going to win the numbers game when a trade in is involved