Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2013 Anthem 42DEQ

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask if I could get some advice/opinions on a 2013 42DEQ w/ 30K miles. We're looking to purchase this coach but we're new to Entegra. We have a Tiffin gaser now, but I've done a lot of reading on Entegra and Spartan. I'm a fan of the X-bracing and the Spartan chassis.

Any insight into this coach would be much appreciated! We're full-timers but have an RV port in FL. Still working but want to begin doing more traveling and eventually, will call our Anthem "Home".

Thank you and hope to meet some of you on the road!

John "Appa"
LittleVeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleVeze View Post
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask if I could get some advice/opinions on a 2013 42DEQ w/ 30K miles. We're looking to purchase this coach but we're new to Entegra. We have a Tiffin gaser now, but I've done a lot of reading on Entegra and Spartan. I'm a fan of the X-bracing and the Spartan chassis.

Any insight into this coach would be much appreciated! We're full-timers but have an RV port in FL. Still working but want to begin doing more traveling and eventually, will call our Anthem "Home".

Thank you and hope to meet some of you on the road!

John "Appa"

I'm kind of new to Entegra. I purchased a used '14 CORNERSTONE on January 27, 2017. I researched various coaches as this is my 4th RV. I absolutely love the Cornerstone and love the support from both Entegra and Spartan. The problem is is that I've had to use them extensively. I've been on one 4 day trip and the remainder of the time the coach has been in one shop or another. Thankfully, I bought the extended warranty and Spartan has warrantied the chassis repairs. Here in SoCal, there are no Entegra dealers, at least not close to where I live. I think the closest is in Tucson, Az.

My recommendation is simple: confirm all recalls and service bulletins have been taken care of. Have a certified Spartan shop pronounce the coach ready to go by performing a full inspection, take your time during orientation, check EVERYTHING including slides, shades, lights, a/c's both dash and roof, heating systems (Aqua Hot), awnings, TV's, satellite and antenna systems, cameras, computers, AV systems and every other thing you can think of. Buy RV from certified dealer.

I came up with the list above from my experiences over a very short time.

I love my Entegra Cornerstone and am happy I bought it because I'm a patient person. It only had 14k miles on it so I'm a little surprised by the problems I've had but am very confident when all repairs are done, I got a great coach.

I can't say enough about the customer support I've gotten from Entegra, Spartan, Aqua Hot and Girard. They're professional and want to help.

Hope this helps!
ButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #3

Shop the coach for price and then do what Butch recommends, I think you'll end up with a great coach. As he said, good products with good companies to back up the systems, just need to be patient and work the bugs out.

If you are buying from a dealer, recognize that their price *should* be higher because they *should* be taking the risk of broken stuff on the coach and getting it fixed. Make sure they have good service on site and plan to stay there for several days and work every system and fix every problem. Don't pay them to take the risk and then let them get away with not fixing stuff by making it inconvenient. If you are buying private, keep in mind that you are taking the risk, and the seller should drop the price accordingly. Your judgment as to what that price drop is.

If I may ask, what dealer?
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Butch and John!
The dealer is Lazy Days in FL.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleVeze View Post
Thanks Butch and John!
The dealer is Lazy Days in FL.

Sent you a PM !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #6

You can't buy a better coach for the money u will spend... I promise..
Even if you have some stuff to fix... 13 and 14 Entegra are known for some specific issues...

Updated Aqua hot pumps
Ac units need different blades on them
Guaranteed you will need to replace power shade motors
Ck for kinks in Aqua hot hoses behind kitchen cabinet bottom drawer
Some models had massive roof leaks because of wrong screws being used..
Entegra backed them all up and fixed. Just ck the vin #
Some owners reported massive driving issue .. this is a big one. I read where some guys literally pulled there hair out on this one... I have a 14 and drives beautiful but same year and model I read others complain.. still solution though.
There's a 2013 anthem on mhsrv lot right now fir sale in the $220,000 range
So don't pay more than that. A hecka of a coach for that price....
Good luck and welcome to the family.
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:10 PM   #7

We had a 13 Aspire DEQ. It was a great coach as was the Entegra service. It was so good we traded up to a 16 Anthem 44B. It is also a good coach. You will not be able to beat the service and backup that is available from CS. Enjoy the ride. Check out the date of your tire production as you may be getting close to replacement on a 13.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
We had a 13 Aspire DEQ and it was a great coach. Probably less problematic than my 14 Anthem. There was a period of low quality control in the 14 models which I don't think happened on the 13s or 15s. If you like that coach, buy it without fear.

I'm persistent on my 14 and will probably have it perfect about the time I'm thinking of trading.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for your suggestions and recommendations! Hayman, thank you for the PM. Lowjug, I'll be sure to research the possible issues you mentioned. I don't have enough hair on my head to pull out! :-)

The price tag on this one is $234k. With my trade, it'll bring it down to $138k. However, I want to make sure if any issues exist, they take care of them. I don't want to be buying into problems, even though EC has excellent service.

I'll provide an update once the coach comes in towards the end of April.

Thanks again to all! Save travels..........
John "Appa"
Old 03-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #10

There are differences within the 2013 model year. The early models had the old style noisier AC units. If you have a white AC control thermostat it is the old style.
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote