Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
The Entegra website, under the standard chassis equipment for the Anthem, the third item from the bottom describes a Tuthill 1253 front suspension. Reviewing the info on the Reyco Granning website shows a 1260 suspension as being IFS. So one could deduct that the 1200 series suspension is in fact IFS. However the 12,600 lb max rating with 275 tires doesn't sound like near enough axle and tire.

I would think the discrepancy is due to web masters and/or data input folks that are unfamiliar with the finer points of RV construction.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
It's a 150 gallon tank. I don't know about the tires. Generally specs are the last thing to be made current. I've seen lots of that with Tiffin. Sometimes it takes a phone call to verify what's really in the coach.
Thanks Mark: I didn't think they would go to a smaller fuel tank

Steve

Old 02-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #17

I was told by the Entegra people at the toast show that the specs are incorrect on the web site regarding the front axle and tire size. They said they took the first 2013 that they built and weighed it and it was almost overweight in the front axle empty. The front axle will be the 14,000# (or 14,600# I can't remember for sure) and it will have ifs and 315 tires.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #18

Ok, on that previous post I know I typed in Tampa and spell check changed it to toast!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #19

Dean. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I just could not imagine that they would upgrade the Anthem so much and then make such a stupid downgrade on the steer axle, still, you never know what will happen when bean counters get involved. REALLY glad to hear that is a posting error and Entegra, once again, shows they are committed to building the highest quality coach on the road.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #20

Dana, I TOTALLY understand what you are saying. We bought our 2011 and a week later saw the upgrade to the extended space in the kitchen, the added pantry and other upgrades, we were sure wishing we had waited a while! But we love our coach and would only trade for a 2013! I was looking at the awning problem. It APPEARS that it would have been very difficult to grant your wish of upgrading the awning shrouds. If you look close, they have changed the front cap considerably to blend in and make it a seamless appearance, it is not just a matter of adding the shrouds and would be a very expensive upgrade to change out the front cap and all. I have always found Entegra more than willing to bend over backward to work with customers but that would be asking a lot. all just my opinion and I REALLY do not blame you for being frustrated, I KNOW the feeling.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #21

Gene,
You're totally right about the caps. In fact they are the Cornerstone front and rear cap.
If the timeline for our coach was left alone, we'd have the awnings. Entegra pushed up our delivery a full month. The only coach that production was rushed on. It was built in 60 days.
They then did the Awning upgrades to the next anthem 44 DLQ(also listed as 2012). Came off the line the same week.
So, there are only 2 - 2012 anthem 44 DLQ's that were produced. We have one(without the Awning) the other is on Lazydays Lot(with awnings). That's where the frustration came in.
Talking with Lazydays, They said they can't sell the 2012, because for the same money you can get a 2013. And entegra is not offering any incentives to sell it. I've been told of a few customers of the 2012 anthem's that were built in Nov. are also very frustrated by the change.
Aside from the frustration, Our coach is still very well built and we still love the product.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #22

Man Dana of all the people in the world, you get the only one,frustrating for sure. Of course, you are unique with a one of a kind. I totally understand. Enjoy the coach, as we are, AND start planning (as if you could) better luck out guessing them next time.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #23

The Aspire we are looking at is in a similar boat to your Anthem. It is on a Freightliner chassis with a rear radiatior. This has to be one of the only ones made that way.

I think Cruzer hit it on the head when he said they are still tweaking the units they are producing and they are pretty darn close to perfection for what most of us want. It may take another year or two, but Entegra sure seems to be on the right track.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #24

If the Aspire you're looking at is on the Freightliner chassis, it is definitely a rare coach. I believe they only made a few of them on the FL chassis when they started the 2012 production and then switched to all Spartan chassis production. We looked at a 2011 Entegra Insignia (brand new) before buying our Aspire. We could have saved a LOT of money, but the features of the Aspire were too extensive to ignore.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #25

Gulf Streamers Club
It seems to me as someone on the outside looking in,( and interested, just not ready to pull trigger) if changes are coming, and I would guess these aren't made overnight, when you place your order for a current model year , you should be at least be warned about changes that are happing to them and when, giving you a chance to wait if given that opportunity, I'm not talking about next year models, but changes in current model years, if you choose to purchase anyhow or off dealer lot, then you at least know what it is, not what it could have been. All just my opinion, but it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #26

My Aspire has a Freightliner Chassis
Old 02-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #27

All the Aspires had the freight liner chassis until after the start of the 2012 models and quite a few of the 2012s actually have that rear radiator freightliner chassis. They used those on the early units until they ran out of them on the lot.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #28

While it might not have been a deal breaker, I'm glad our 2012 Aspire is on the Spartan chassis. Our coach, picked up on Dec. 15, had been produced just prior to the Louisville show (where it was on display) and then brought back to Middlebury. We got lucky and "nabbed" it right before another dealer tried to claim it. It was literally a matter of hours... Had we not reserved it first we would have waited until May or June for our model...